The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I was at the back but I saw plenty on the railings giving the players full throttle when they came over to applaud. Uncalled for.

It was the guys at the railings that were right in front of me, as I was in the front row of the rear section.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Setting aside arguments on whether it's time for a change in terms of Mcinnes etc, I get that people feel that way, can someone explain the visceral hatred for Mcinnes that seems to have seeped into the support?

Some of the stuff I see online is madness, I don't know where it's come from.

There’s a guy who posts regularly on one of the Facebook groups, who bangs on about how he has been wanting to get rid of McInnes since they lost the Scottish Cup semi final against St Johnstone five years ago. There is no question that his previous connection with Rangers goes against him with quite a number of our fans and the absolute obsession with Rangers from a fair bit of our support, is an utter embarrassment. I hate them as much as anyone, but last night on a couple of occasions, the Ian Durrant song was given an airing. I mean, wtf?

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I know several who feel that way because he was close to leaving us twice. When you consider one of the destinations...

33 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Probably the fact he flirted like f'ck with Rangers before knocking the job back.

This is not a valid reason for the sheer hatred some absolute wallopers have for him.

I honestly cannot remember McInnes "flirting" with Rangers*.

When did this take place?  All I remember was Rangers* media machine stating they had him in the bag.  Not a jot from McInnes himself.

He was getting some abuse from the folk around me at the end last night including being called a *** c**t.  Unless they meant me of course. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I honestly cannot remember McInnes "flirting" with Rangers*.

When did this take place?  All I remember was Rangers* media machine stating they had him in the bag.  Not a jot from McInnes himself.

He was getting some abuse from the folk around me at the end last night including being called a *** c**t.  Unless they meant me of course. 

To be fair, he definitely spoke to them and he was definitely considering it...and then he said no.

The fact that this undoes everything he's done in 6 years for some people says more about them than it does him.

I totally agree that performances against Livi etc are unacceptable.

I'm saying last night wasn't that. We weren't outplayed. The first half an hour was Hearts best spell, we got through it at 2-1 up and I felt we were better for the rest of the game. Yes we sat off in spells but we broke at pace with Hedges, Gallagher, Leigh and looked a proper threat. It was more than just pumping balls into the channel (although there was some of that). 

Eh? At what point.

I think that some of the displeasure aimed at McInnes is that he seems to recruit players then regularly either fail to get anything like the best out of them ever or plays them in positions that don’t work and have us scratching our collective heads.
Not time to panic but he does seem to be more and more tactically inflexible and determined to pick players that seem clearly out of form.

Not that McInnes will be going anywhere but as much as i'm dreading going to Ibrox at the weekend, the idea of going there with something like Robson and Sheerin in charge would give me the serious fear.

Nothing against them personally but I'm sure we got thumped at Tynecastle under similar circumstances when Mcghee(?) left.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The point where Gallagher went down the line, stopped, cut the ball in to Leigh, and he hit a shot just past the post. From where I was standing I thought it was in.

One move then. He is fine at running in straight lines, normally away from goal. The fans seem to love him though but he seems a very limited football with little awareness.

47 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

One move then. He is fine at running in straight lines, normally away from goal. The fans seem to love him though but he seems a very limited football with little awareness.

He’s undoubtedly limited, but let’s not make out that he never does anything constructive.

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He’s undoubtedly limited, but let’s not make out that he never does anything constructive.

He appears to be the new AFC chat scapegoat (other than the *** rat Derek, obviously). 'Worst player I've ever seen at this level' was used I believe.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

This thread is going to be fucking brutal come Saturday night.

We'll probably win.

He appears to be the new AFC chat scapegoat (other than the *** rat Derek, obviously). 'Worst player I've ever seen at this level' was used I believe.

Hahaha. I've not logged on to the hat since the Dundee game I reckon. Have been fairly prominent on there over the years.

I wasus ure I had sussed your alias but not so sure now.

15 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll probably win.

Hahaha. I've not logged on to the hat since the Dundee game I reckon. Have been fairly prominent on there over the years.

I wasus ure I had sussed your alias but not so sure now.

I'm not on AFC chat, just occasionally pop in for a browse of the heads gone

Is it just me who thinks we weren’t that bad last night? Certainly much better than previous away performances this season and to me we were the more likely team to score in the second half. 

If we play like that we will comfortably finish third this season. I realise that doesn’t really bring much excitement in itself so we really could do with doing something in the Scottish Cup.

Is it just me who thinks we weren’t that bad last night? Certainly much better than previous away performances this season and to me we were the more likely team to score in the second half. 
If we play like that we will comfortably finish third this season. I realise that doesn’t really bring much excitement in itself so we really could do with doing something in the Scottish Cup.

You’re not alone but it’s limited to a few very intelligent, very sound and rational people.