The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I went to that game expecting a win too. Probably over confident because we deservedly knocked them out of the cup not long before.

First game I noticed the beginning of the shift in expectations. I had mates who were raging that we defended too deep in the 2nd half when they were down to 10.

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

First game I noticed the beginning of the shift in expectations. I had mates who were raging that we defended too deep in the 2nd half when they were down to 10.

That's strange as well as we were still getting a lot of joy as a counter attacking team at that point.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just goes to show how bad the McGhee/ Brown era was. 

I'm sure I can remember being at a game where a goal kick was taken short to Ifil. With all the time in the world, he just absolutely bladdered the ball straight into the south stand.

On 25/02/2021 at 10:37, Steve_Wilkos said:
Just goes to show how bad the McGhee/ Brown era was. 
I'm sure I can remember being at a game where a goal kick was taken short to Ifil. With all the time in the world, he just absolutely bladdered the ball straight into the south stand.

There was never any need for opponents to waste a man or any energy with a “high press” when it came to Jerel.

Blame drunk Dons fans in Hull for that one in the post-Sigma desperation to get bodies in.

Edited by tarapoa

On 23/02/2021 at 20:09, Rodhull said:

Main scored tonight. Knew it was a big mistake letting him go lads!

FCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SAKE MCINNESS!!!!!! ITS ALL HIS FAULTTTT!!

Main was always a player McInnnes just didn't know how to use him!

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

Unfashionable opinion with the twitter mafiosi, but I think Dean will end up at a higher level than both Ferguson and McCrorie.

Difficult to tell. Could definitely see him playing abroad as I think he's better on the ball but they other two are more well rounded and able to drag us to a winning performance.

18 hours ago, tarapoa said:

There was any need for opponents to waste a man or any energy with a “high press” when it came to Jerel.

Blame drunk Dons fans in Hull for that one in the post-Sigma desperation to get bodies in.

In terms of basic technique, he's the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I don't understand how you could train every day for over a decade and still be so incredibly sh*t

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

In terms of basic technique, he's the worst professional footballer I've ever seen. I don't understand how you could train every day for over a decade and still be so incredibly sh*t

100%. It was genuinely astonishing.

54 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Difficult to tell. Could definitely see him playing abroad as I think he's better on the ball but they other two are more well rounded and able to drag us to a winning performance.

I think Ferguson and McCrorie are both better right now, but bear in mind Ferguson is a year and a half older, and McCrorie is 3 years older.

He's got a good mentality as well. Steady, nothing seems to put him up or down. He's starting to influence games more as well, and developing a bit of dig about him. Like you say, he could play abroad. If he keeps up his progression I could see him suiting the Italian league