The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

39 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, I mean I was just being a pedant. There's been plenty chat on your other forum that you've offered him a contract and it's a done deal etc.

No doubt. Obviously even if terms have been offered I know there's a big difference between a contract being offered and it being deal done. I'm sure we've offered deals to plenty of players over the years that haven't ended up at the club.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No doubt. Obviously even if terms have been offered I know there's a big difference between a contract being offered and it being deal done. I'm sure we've offered deals to plenty of players over the years that haven't ended up at the club.

Usually got them on the 4th attempt though.

On 13/04/2021 at 15:36, Merkland Red said:

Usually I'd agree Jack but that's bacon.

Is that some sort of young folks' slang that we auldies dinna ken aboot? Or is it just "bacon"?

On 14/04/2021 at 09:28, G51 said:

The odds of Gallagher having a decent Euros must be fairly low given that Hanley looks to be the first choice middle CB now?

Tough to have a good Euros from the bench.

Escapes the flak when we get humiliated?

22 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

I will wait until Glass has binned McInnes' injury prone wasters before judging. 

From the last starting 11, who would you like binned?

(Not suggesting that I wouldn't bin some myself)

6 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Stephen Glass believes he will prove wrong those who doubt he has enough experience to be manager and will bring "back the good times for Aberdeen".

On the BBC. Translates to "ill be sacked by Christmas." 

5287e5892391364a928cd3b0d935f624.gif.b5f17d2bd3857fdeab499b85bc3872e0.gif

27 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Stephen Glass believes he will prove wrong those who doubt he has enough experience to be manager and will bring "back the good times for Aberdeen".

On the BBC. Translates to "ill be sacked by Christmas." 

bring back the good times. I presume he is on about when we used to fit Paatelinean, Shearer, Jess and Booth on to the same pitch and not quite the real good times

7 hours ago, Illgresi said:

From the last starting 11, who would you like binned?

(Not suggesting that I wouldn't bin some myself)

We need to be signing better quality in all areas to challenge for trophies IMO. 

I fully support giving lads like MacKenzie, Ramsay, Campbell and Ross the chance to see what they can do but whether they are up to it remains to be seen.

Good servants as they've been for the club I would (sadly) personally look to replace McGinn, Hayes and Considine with younger players while Kamberi needs binned.

I would also bin McGeouch as he is picking up a wage for nothing just now.

Glass needs to make tough decisions, I don't envy him.

1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

We need to be signing better quality in all areas to challenge for trophies IMO. 

I fully support giving lads like MacKenzie, Ramsay, Campbell and Ross the chance to see what they can do but whether they are up to it remains to be seen.

Good servants as they've been for the club I would (sadly) personally look to replace McGinn, Hayes and Considine with younger players while Kamberi needs binned.

I would also bin McGeouch as he is picking up a wage for nothing just now.

Glass needs to make tough decisions, I don't envy him.

Based on his press conference Considine will be going nowhere.

I'm pretty sure Hayes deferred his wage for a year so I doubt he'll be shown the door either.

Yes, no need to get rid of a top professional. We just need to be prepared for the fact we can’t rely on him week in week out for much longer. We’ve actually been pretty fortunate this season that we haven’t had more injuries to considine/Hoban as we’re very light in that area. 

I presume all or the majority of the out of contract players will leave this summer.

I'd be surprised if more than 1 or maximum 2 under contract players leave on top of that as the out of contract players alone are more than enough change for one transfer window.