The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

44 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

English right back who has just been promoted to the Atlanta first team so obviously Glass worked with him before. He's 25 so not exactly that young.

Happier with this type of signing if Glass has actually coached him before.

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

And in a story that I think  seems more than a bit unlikely....

Weird headline as the article states we're interested in both and also that Boyle has a release clause of 500k. 

Would be great signings blah, blah, blah and I guess these would fit the 'exciting names' that mainstandmoan mentioned but not exactly getting my hopes up.

IF we were to get Irvin then I guess that'd mean Regan Hendry is a non starter. Disappointing.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Nothing in the article suggests it's at that stage yet? Also says Hearts are interested in him.

3 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Nothing in the article suggests it's at that stage yet? Also says Hearts are interested in him.

True, but it's another step forward. Hopefully see something over the next few days 

6 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Happier with this type of signing if Glass has actually coached him before.

IF we were to get Irvin then I guess that'd mean Regan Hendry is a non starter. Disappointing.

They've edited the article now to more match the headline. Now just says Several clubs home and abroad are interested in Boyle.

8 hours ago, Iminavest said:

Shay signing off in typically understated style 😂

Screenshot_20210517-230549_Instagram.jpg

I love Shay Logan. A superb player for us for most of his time at Pittodrie. I remember being worried to see him in the starting eleven in the Tynecastle semi final just a day after signing on loan. Needn’t have had any concern and he hit the ground running. Thank you Shay.

And in a story that I think  seems more than a bit unlikely....
Weird headline as the article states we're interested in both and also that Boyle has a release clause of 500k. ( Now been edited to make a bit more sense)
Would be great signings blah, blah, blah and I guess these would fit the 'exciting names' that mainstandmoan mentioned but not exactly getting my hopes up.

:lol:

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Irvine would be a tremendous signing imo. Was quite annoyed Hibs snapped him up in January. Getting him on a free would be similar to us getting Severin all those years ago.

Irvine is a good player and would be a decent signing. I'm not sure that he's reached his full potential yet at ibs though, and I'd imagine they would be anxious to keep him there. 

No thanks to Boyle. He's had a flash in the pan season that I reckon will be unlikely to be repeated.

16 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Irvine is a good player and would be a decent signing. I'm not sure that he's reached his full potential yet at ibs though, and I'd imagine they would be anxious to keep him there. 

No thanks to Boyle. He's had a flash in the pan season that I reckon will be unlikely to be repeated.

Any weakening of Hibs' squad is a good thing as they clearly at the moment have the 3rd best squad in the league

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Martin Boyle is all pace, a very limited footballer who has never looked good against us and wouldn’t get into our team. 

Wow, couldn’t disagree more

He’s at least an upgrade on what we’ve seen on display this season and is one of Hibs key players 

Plus he’s a Dandy

Moot point anyway, no chance we’d get Boyle 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

Any weakening of Hibs' squad is a good thing as they clearly at the moment have the 3rd best squad in the league

That's true, but it doesn't worry me in the slightest. Squads change every season and I've no doubt at all that we'll be stronger next season. No idea what will happen with Hibs, but I'm not sure that we should be signing players with the aim of weakening somebody else. 

I think there's a better player in Irvine than he's shown this season, but I reckon Hibs know that and will be anxious to keep him. Boyle has been anonymous for 10 seasons and I'd be stunned if he's anywhere as effective next season no matter who he plays for. 

I know he's a Dons fan, but he won't be signing for us anyway. He'll be off to Colchester or someplace like that. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hibs will likely have as big a rebuilding job as we do. Exciting times for both teams IMO.

Maybe their fans will find some new wee reaction faces to post in the absense of a point or any patter of their own too?

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Maybe their fans will find some new wee reaction faces to post in the absense of a point or any patter of their own too?

The vast majority of them really are a rather tedious bunch, tbqfh