The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Martin Boyle is all pace, a very limited footballer who has never looked good against us and wouldn’t get into our team. 

Wow, couldn’t disagree more

He’s at least an upgrade on what we’ve seen on display this season and is one of Hibs key players 

Plus he’s a Dandy

Moot point anyway, no chance we’d get Boyle 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, highland_mechanic said:

Any weakening of Hibs' squad is a good thing as they clearly at the moment have the 3rd best squad in the league

That's true, but it doesn't worry me in the slightest. Squads change every season and I've no doubt at all that we'll be stronger next season. No idea what will happen with Hibs, but I'm not sure that we should be signing players with the aim of weakening somebody else. 

I think there's a better player in Irvine than he's shown this season, but I reckon Hibs know that and will be anxious to keep him. Boyle has been anonymous for 10 seasons and I'd be stunned if he's anywhere as effective next season no matter who he plays for. 

I know he's a Dons fan, but he won't be signing for us anyway. He'll be off to Colchester or someplace like that. 

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Hibs will likely have as big a rebuilding job as we do. Exciting times for both teams IMO.

Maybe their fans will find some new wee reaction faces to post in the absense of a point or any patter of their own too?

24 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Maybe their fans will find some new wee reaction faces to post in the absense of a point or any patter of their own too?

The vast majority of them really are a rather tedious bunch, tbqfh

As much as I'm not entirely convinced by the signing I'll never understand the effort some weirdos go to to be miserable on twitter. The amount of users I recognise just because they moan in the replies to almost every tweet the club makes is bizarre.