The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Sure but in minutes played he's barely been on for the equivalent of two games. Not that I'm confident he would necessarily start banging them in but would have thought he'd get a bit more of a chance before the club were willing to cut their losses.

Obviously Bowyer can't have been impressed at all.

There will be a reason he doesn’t get many minutes. The manager watches them in training.

5 hours ago, Rodhull said:

There goes the admittedly slim chance of us getting much of a sell on fee if true.

Article has Ipswich Town looking at him. Which confirms my suspicions about Lamberts past few Sportsound gigs  that he hasn’t watched a stitch of Scottish football of late.

Edited by gannonball

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Convincing someone to pay £2m for Sam cosgrove may just be the greatest bit of business we’ve ever done. 

I'm fairly sure their manager spoke pretty soon after he signed about being delighted to finally get a quality left winger in.

Whoever they spoke to at Aberdeen about that, then the fee, must've been killing themselves laughing.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Article has Ipswich Town looking at him. Which confirms my suspicions about Lamberts past few Sportsound gigs  that he hasn’t watched a stitch of Scottish football of late.

Think he left them a while back.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure their manager spoke pretty soon after he signed about being delighted to finally get a quality left winger in.

Whoever they spoke to at Aberdeen about that, then the fee, must've been killing themselves laughing.

Aye there was a quote I think from karanka about him supplying from out wide or something to that effect. Not sure he’d ever seen him play. 

7 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Incoming Ronnie rage...😉

b*****d burst my coupon. 

1 year deal is a surprise. Think most assumed it would stil be some kind of a loan despite him being written off or whatever the terminology was by Atlanta.

Edited by Rodhull

48 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

1 year deal is a surprise. Think most assumed it would stil be some kind of a loan despite him being written off or whatever the terminology was by Atlanta.

He doesn’t belong to anyone so how can we “loan” him when he doesn’t have a club?

Loan him from who exactly?

FWIW, I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Don’t understand the signing at all. 

34 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“Jack is an attacking full back who understands exactly how we want to play..."

Seems straightforward to me.

34 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Based on what ? gut feeling? working with him for years? YouTube videos?

57 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He doesn’t belong to anyone so how can we “loan” him when he doesn’t have a club?

Loan him from who exactly?

FWIW, I think we’ll be releasing him in January or May.

Going by what others said earlier in the thread the 'waiving' of a player in the US is not the same as releasing them and he was still an Atlanta player. Hence all the earlier talk of it still being a loan.

2 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

“Jack is an attacking full back who understands exactly how we want to play..."

Seems straightforward to me.

Based on what ? gut feeling? working with him for years? YouTube videos?

The fact he’s barely played a game of professional football by the age of 25.