The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

15 minutes ago, well_said said:

Because Celtic told you to.

13 minutes ago, well_said said:

Like I said, because Celtic told you to. 

2 minutes ago, well_said said:

The plastic hardman captain is only there because Celtic told you to take him. Hopefully he's your next manager , the guys a fraud.

Laugh Throw Our Heads Back GIF - Laugh Throw Our Heads Back Laughter GIFs

1 hour ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Declan Gallagher and Lewis Ferguson are a pair of weegie cocksuckers. 

Just take your stick and get off the pitch. Having the gall to moan at fans who've paid a small fortune for you to let them down again is just fucking shite. 

Wankers. 

Modern day player abuse is OTT but this Aberdeen side deserves it. Overpaid charlatans continually letting the side down. 

Rip it up and start again. 

Mon the Orange Juice!

Not surprised it was those two. Ferguson has wanted away using his dope of a father/agent to engineer a move based on a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ with Derek.

And I doubt Gallagher really ever wanted to be here.

The result today felt inevitable as soon as we got an away cup draw, given our record this season.

Glass should never have had the job and should have been gone after the Dundee debacle. Nonetheless I do feel sorry for him, he was surrounded with a rookie DOF and his coaching staff wasn't massively stacked with experience of coaching in Scotland.

Ultimately the blame lies with Dave Cormack - I understand why he wanted to change the way things operated around not letting the manager have total power over everything however appointing Glass, who had a pretty abject record, was always going to end with that type of abject record coming our way.

Cormack won't remove Glass, but he should do.

3 hours ago, Lex said:

With the hindsight of being in February, sitting 9th in the league, and being out both cups before the quarter final stage, do Aberdeen fans still think removing McInnes was the correct decision?
Do you think you’d be better or worse off now had he stayed in post?

Of course that was the right thing to do. McInnes had his time and is too negative. 
What has followed since has been a catalogue of bad choices. 

40 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

The result today felt inevitable as soon as we got an away cup draw, given our record this season.

Glass should never have had the job and should have been gone after the Dundee debacle. Nonetheless I do feel sorry for him, he was surrounded with a rookie DOF and his coaching staff wasn't massively stacked with experience of coaching in Scotland.

Ultimately the blame lies with Dave Cormack - I understand why he wanted to change the way things operated around not letting the manager have total power over everything however appointing Glass, who had a pretty abject record, was always going to end with that type of abject record coming our way.

Cormack won't remove Glass, but he should do.

Under what circumstances do you think Glass would be removed?

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

He won't be removed. He'd need to walk. The only possible way the club would take the decision would be if fans started hitting the club where it hurts. The pocket. They may decide to take action when attendances fall off the edge of a cliff. But they haven't yet. And i doubt they'll drop to the level required  and you only need to look at the tweets yesterday from Cormack and Wicks. Totally scripted and  detached from reality. Pair of knuckleheads. 

After today I’m struggling to think that Stephen Glass should be given any more time, but doubtless he will be given the St Johnstone match. But if we don’t win that I’m pretty sure he will be gone, and in his after match interview on the BBC coming up the road from Motherwell, made it sound as if he felt he is gone now.

I’m also struggling to know a) why we took Montgomery on loan and b) why we are starting him. I have seen all of his minutes on the pitch and he has done absolutely bugger all, sweet Fanny Adams, f*ck all. Why does Emmanuel-Thomas continually get on the pitch? Why not play Jack McKenzie at left back and move Jonny Hayes, one of our best players this season, further forward? 

Unlike some other people, I really feel for Stephen Glass, but I finally think that he is out of his depth.

Finally, I was over nearer the Main Stand at Fir Park today, so don’t know how bad the abuse the players and management were taking as they went up the stairs. I’m sure it wasn’t a pretty sight.

My cynical side says he will get this season and into next season, as Cormack will want to back his man, unless we slip back into relegation bother.

My hopeful side says the fans voting with their feet will be enough to make Cormack act before ST renewal time

52 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Nope. Does it f**k. 

Time after time this season they've let fans down, especially travelling ones. Ultimately we pay their wages. 

Take your stick and walk off the park. Giving it back to fans who give up so much to support them, f**k right off. 

Not for me.

Fans of all clubs over-estimate their right to be annoyed about this kind of thing.

For the players this game has been their whole week. They've been working towards it all week and they are playing for actual money. Whatever caused them to perform poorly, they'll be fucking sick about it. And having some bunch of pished up p***ks shouting at them in the heat of the moment is bound to get a reaction.

Not having a go at Aberdeen fans here. It's all fans. This idea that players should just take it is daft. They'll be spewing to have got beat, and it's much more personal for them.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

They get paid more a week than I do a month, most of them. 

Not having that shit that they'll have been working towards blah blah. How many punters are working towards paying for a ticket etc every week? 

It's apples and oranges I'm afraid and aside from severe personal abuse players, especially the current Aberdeen crop, should be fucking sick- not because they've let themselves down. Because they've let down folk who work all week to see them play and hopefully win. 

This would be different if it was a one off. 

Its damn near every away game. 

Players have to take it. Fans (within reason) can say what they like. Can't agree with this at all. 

Ultimately, nobody forces you to buy a ticket.

Your team, my team, whatever, they're out there doing their best.

I fully understand why a professional footballer who's been out there running his arse off would object to getting abuse about losing (and missing out on bonuses etc) from a bunch of lads out for a day on the bevvy/ching with their mates. Especially in the immediate aftermath of a disappointing defeat.

Fans can still enjoy a day out. For the players, that's a disaster. I understand them giving a bit back. It's fair enough. Everyone's upset.

2 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

If none of us buy tickets 

they don't get paid 

especially at this level 

That's not true though.

If nobody went to Fir Park today, all the players still get paid.

Fans get really precious about it. But the big losers today are the players. They wanted a win bonus, and the Aberdeen players will have a financial incentive to get to cup semis, finals etc.

Pretending the fans are the big losers is childish pish imo.

Lewis Ferguson was silly and petty but at least he looked like he genuinely cared which is something that you couldn't say for a lot of those players.

Sadly I think Ferguson will be booed repeatedly on Tuesday from the Red Shed.

If Glass doesn't go between now and the Dundee United game god forbid the toxic chants of "Stephen get to f**k" ringing out on the day our greatest ever manager Sir Alex makes what will likely be his last ever appearance at Pittodrie.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

That's not true though.

If nobody went to Fir Park today, all the players still get paid.

Fans get really precious about it. But the big losers today are the players. They wanted a win bonus, and the Aberdeen players will have a financial incentive to get to cup semis, finals etc.

Pretending the fans are the big losers is childish pish imo.

I’m not really onboard with the right to abuse players with nothing coming back. 

But the players wanted win bonuses isn’t the great argument you think it is. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not really onboard with the right to abuse players with nothing coming back. 

But the players wanted win bonuses isn’t the great argument you think it is. 

Don't really see why not. They have an actual investment in the result that we don't have.

Hearts fans do the same. I suppose all supports do.

And it's not just money. Losing a cup tie like that is a sore one just in a competitive sense for them. They've worked their arse off to get to that point.

Fans get very precious about this stuff, and the idea players should just take abuse from some dafty with a pie and an opinion is stupid. I'm all for them giving a bit back.

4 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Away and f**k yourself. 

Folk who work to go to the football. The footballers play and get paid. 

It's a nonsense you saying the fans don't have a point here. 

It's not like a business you can withdraw from, it's familial, hereditary, obligatory. 

That's me telt! Haha!

Sleep it off, pal.