The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

How did we get screwed by Celtic for Christie?

There’s no doubt we benefited from Christie being an Aberdeen player but it was a sore one being such a huge part in his development only for him to score a winner against us in a league cup final because sellick are tight c***s and wouldn’t fork out for McGinn 

Difficult to say if the pros outweighed the cons on that one 

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

They agreed to sell him to us then pulled the rug out from under us right at the last minute. We hedged our bets on Christie and didn't pursue other key targets because of it. 

Was it agreed? We never had an option to buy. Transfers fall through at the last minute all the time, I don’t think they messed us about necessarily.

31 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

There’s no doubt we benefited from Christie being an Aberdeen player but it was a sore one being such a huge part in his development only for him to score a winner against us in a league cup final because sellick are tight c***s and wouldn’t fork out for McGinn 

Difficult to say if the pros outweighed the cons on that one 

He could have went to Hibs or Hearts on loan instead and still scored the winner against us. 

Christie got us two assists away in Bosnia when we were heading out to put us through in the next round in Europe, scored at Ibrox in our first win there in 26 years and scored as we reached our first Scottish Cup final in 17 years, whilst also contributing significantly to back to back 2nd place finishes in the league.

It’s far from ideal loaning players from them but in doing so we were able to bring in a higher quality player than we would have otherwise and we benefited hugely from that. 

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ramadani off to Lecce according to a Kosovan journalist on Twitter. 

Hope it's a very good deal for us or it can get farther to f**k than that Hagi rubbish.

Him following and liking the guys tweet does not augur well. 🙄

Edited by TommyDickFingers

6 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Hope it's a very good deal for us or it can get farther to f**k than that Hagi rubbish.

Him following and liking the guys tweet does not augur well. 🙄

Looks like he's unliked it now. 

Will be sad to see him go.

56 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Ramadani off to Lecce according to a Kosovan journalist on Twitter. 

As annoying as it is, potential moves to the big leagues down the line are a big reason these guys are coming to Aberdeen. 

Would be a great move for Rama, Serie A side just across the water from his homeland.

He’s been a good player for us but definitely not irreplaceable. Should be a massive profit for us if he does go which we can reinvest. 

14 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

As annoying as it is, potential moves to the big leagues down the line are a big reason these guys are coming to Aberdeen. 

Would be a great move for Rama, Serie A side just across the water from his homeland.

He’s been a good player for us but definitely not irreplaceable. Should be a massive profit for us if he does go which we can reinvest. 

St Mirren were letting Bacchus go for £275k.

He’d be a decent signing 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

15 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Yip.

If this is true, I’m pretty sure Ramadani will want to leave.

What would we look for? 
£750k? 

We supposedly signed Ramadani for less than the reported 100k. He signed a 3 year deal at the time. An established Albanian international. I reckon we'd get around 2 million + sell ons for him. MTK Budapest will most likely have a sell on clause too. Either way we should make a healthy profit from him. Given our club recruitment model, this may be something we will have to get used (don't get too attached to the squad) to. 

I personally think he's been a very good signing for us and could potentially be a difficult player to replace. 

Before anyone suggests Baccus or Levitt as a replacement. Neither of them are as good as Ramadani so it's a big no for me. 

If indeed this is true, imo we need 2 new central midfielders now.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/5908282/ylber-ramadani-no-contact-from-serie-a-side-lecce/

Ylber Ramadani: No contact from Serie A side Lecce over potential move for Aberdeen midfielder

We are well and truly into silly season. Today alone, we've been linked with Ianis Hagi, an Israeli striker and now Ramadani is off to Lecce. This summer already appears to be particularly bad for Agents/random twitter accounts/small independent media outlets making up stories.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

I do like Ramadani, but I would like to see him stamping a bit more authority on games against the Edinburgh and Glasgow clubs if he is here next season. I thought his best performances last season tended to be against the poorer teams in the league, which is fine, but I also saw him falling out of games and getting bypassed a bit too often when he didn't have Shinnie with him. 

I would prefer him to stay for another season, but I also don't think him moving on for the right price would be a disaster as long we reinvested sensibly.

8 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

When will people learn?

They are worried about a successful Aberdeen so they are trying to cause upset by spreading false rumours 

These Balkan media outlets are terrified at the prospect of a strong Aberdeen.