The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

"West Ham's head of recruitment analysis Jordan Miles is set to join Aberdeen in a similar role" This could potentially be a massive coup for us. I'm somewhat shocked he'd join us tbh. On paper, he appears to be a fantastic replacement for Darren mowbray.

Burrows suggesting we aren't too far off securing a few new players. And a random twitter source regarding an update on Teklic.

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 11.54.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.00.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.01.39 AM.png

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

"West Ham's head of recruitment analysis Jordan Miles is set to join Aberdeen in a similar role" This could potentially be a massive coup for us. I'm somewhat shocked he'd join us tbh. On paper, he appears to be a fantastic replacement for Darren mowbray.

Burrows suggesting we aren't too far off securing a few new players. And a random twitter source regarding an update on Teklic.

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 11.54.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.00.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-16 at 12.01.39 AM.png

Wouldn't read into that last one. He's hardly ITK. Burrows has said that we are getting close to completing deals that we've had to be patient with so it's hardly ground breaking news that it's probably Teklic is one that he's referring to. 

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Wouldn't read into that last one. He's hardly ITK. Burrows has said that we are getting close to completing deals that we've had to be patient with so it's hardly ground breaking news that it's probably Teklic is one that he's referring to. 

That agent Alba Twitter feed is a joke.

It’s a fat virgin who resides in his bedroom, regurgitating the same stories 5 minutes after being reported by journalists. 
He’s an absolute clown. 

Aberdeen set to sign Israel international defender Or Dadia on loan with £400,000 buy option

The 26-year-old is reportedly set to pen a season-long loan agreement with a £400,000 option to buy included by Hapoel Be'er Sheva. He would become Aberdeen's seventh summer signing.

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-set-sign-israel-international-8604750

image.thumb.png.5d814a9f290cf9f30cb7d9790d1988ea.pngLo

Edited by HarleyQuinn

.,There are  far more important signings  to fill than Teklic type  . If we got two more centre half’s and left sided wing back or even winger   and the Israeli lad then I would be well happy with squad .. hopefully the defence recruitment is done by end week and they get two run outs against Preston and Charlton which would be a boost . 

2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

.,There are  far more important signings  to fill than Teklic type  . If we got two more centre half’s and left sided wing back or even winger   and the Israeli lad then I would be well happy with squad .. hopefully the defence recruitment is done by end week and they get two run outs against Preston and Charlton which would be a boost . 

We need two centre halves, a left wing back, & more depth in midfield.
Barron as back up is powder puff & also slow as a week in the jail. 
Sell him & bring in two midfielders. 

Teklic always seemed a long shot. Sounds like we’re going for this years version of Teddy Jenks instead 

18 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We need two centre halves, a left wing back, & more depth in midfield.
Barron as back up is powder puff & also slow as a week in the jail. 
Sell him & bring in two midfielders. 

Teklic always seemed a long shot. Sounds like we’re going for this years version of Teddy Jenks instead 

I think that's harsh on Barron, although i do think that if he wants to develop he needs to sign a new contract. The club needs incentivised to invest in him, or we can give minutes to another youngster. 

Teklic sounded exciting but sometimes if these things take too long and are too difficult then they’re often not worth doing in the first place. 

The comparison to Jenks with this boy at palace is really based on very little. Seems more than a bit harsh to place him in that box without really knowing anything about him. 

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Teklic sounded exciting but sometimes if these things take too long and are too difficult then they’re often not worth doing in the first place. 

The comparison to Jenks with this boy at palace is really based on very little. Seems more than a bit harsh to place him in that box without really knowing anything about him. 

His lack of pro football games suggests he cant come in and command a start ahead of others which is what we are hoping for with another midfielder/attacker

3 minutes ago, d31 said:

His lack of pro football games suggests he cant come in and command a start ahead of others which is what we are hoping for with another midfielder/attacker

He’s made more than double clarkson had prior to joining us. 

3 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

I think a Teklic type is needed. It's obviously not as urgent to get as centre backs and a left back but we definitely need to increase creativity in the squad. Right now we only have Clarkson and Duk that are probably going to be clocking up a decent number of assists this season. We definitely need to add to that department. Not sure somebody who got 2 assists in 19 games in League 1 will add too much but that's why I'm here and not at Cormack Park I suppose.

5 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

At a worse level though. Clarkson had started UCL games. OK it didn't work at Blackburn but I don't think you can compare Clarkson and Phillips. The Jenks comparison is far more accurate imo 

I’m not really trying to compare any of them. All 3 did or will enter the club as unknown quantities and will have a range of ability. The point is none of us really know anything about him. 

Anthony Stewart came in much lauded by Wycombe fans with championship experience, Angus McDonald was disliked by league 2 Swindon fans. 

The lad Phillips may be worse than Jenks for all I know, but the loan market has a huge range of ability in it.