The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Just now, DunbartonshireRed said:

I know they agreed £275k with Bolton. Doesn't mean they'd agree that with us. Imagine if we agreed a fee for one of our players with a club outwith our league then the b*****d Garden come calling. We'd obviously want more from them because they are in the same league and we're directly competing with them.

No.

We don’t sell the cure for cancer to them. 

Redundant argument 

7 hours ago, betting competition said:

I think we will have 10 players which I think is enough:

Jack Mackenzie
Graeme Shinnie
Connor Barron
Ryan Duncan
Jack Milne
Nicky Devlin
Ross Doohan
Alfie Bavidge
Findlay Marshall
Tom Ritchie (has he went out on loan?)

We need to have 8 association trained players (spent 3 years in Scotland between 15 and 21), 4 of which must be club trained. I believe if we don’t hit this number, our squad reduces by the number of the players we’re short (ie. If we only have 6 homegrown players, we can only register 23 players instead of 25). I could be wrong on that though. You can register unlimited under 21s so including them as one of the eight is a bit of a waste. 

In terms of over 21s, we only have MacKenzie, Devlin, Shinnie, Doohan atm.

14 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

The treble quadruple is on lads.

FTFY. We're in 4 competitions. Your post shows an unusual lack of ambition.

Edit: And mine shows my usual misplaced pre-season optimism.

Edited by Suspect Device

Poor game so far. Awful tactics from us, launch the ball up top against livis massive defence. 

Is that Lee Mair on commentary? 'The games gone soft, wasn't like that back in my day' Shut up Lee, you were shite.

ETA just realised I'm posting in the wrong thread 🤦‍♂️

Edited by GTG_03

48 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Long ball tactics.

No attempts on target

Utter shite 

Yup. It was a hard watch. One dimensional and zero courage or quality on the ball. I could almost forgive that sort of performance on Sunday lunch time after a hard Euro tie the Thursday prior. I expected better today.

Livi made it hard for us with presses and physicality. But we need to be confident and sharp enough to at least try and play around and through that. I’m struggling to think of a single moment today where we put any meaningful move together through those Livi reducers.

Thank f*ck we still have 4 weeks to get some signings in. We need more reinforcements than I thought. 

Just now, bpdon said:

Yup. It was a hard watch. One dimensional and zero courage or quality on the ball. I could almost forgive that sort of performance on Sunday lunch time after a hard Euro tie the Thursday prior. I expected better today.

Livi made it hard for us with presses and physicality. But we need to be confident and sharp enough to at least try and play around and through that. I’m struggling to think of a single moment today where we put any meaningful move together through those Livi reducers.

Thank f*ck we still have 4 weeks to get some signings in. We need more reinforcements than I thought. 

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Barry obviously lulling the Europa onlookers into a false sense of security.

He’s a long ball merchant I’m afraid. 

59 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

It was obvious to most previously but was very hard not to appoint him based on his record.

He's a disciple of Derek though.

Yeh I agree. 
Aside from St Mirren at home, the performances & results post split were a concern.

I don’t think he’ll change the style even if he brings in the supposed 4 players we’re going to.

Tonio Teklic would’ve been on the first plane home tonight if we’d signed him. 

Not to have a shot on target is a concern concerning our attacking force on paper is our strongest part of our team. 

I did think we would have had our business done or the most one or two coming in before window closes but still look far to short 

On 04/08/2023 at 18:42, DunbartonshireRed said:

I don't think St Mirren would sell us Baccus for £300k tbh. We'd have to stump up more. Probably closer to £500k for us. 

I'd like to think there would be a premium for selling on to a club in the same division. Bolton bid was £275k and same again in add ons. I'd imagine £400-500k plus add ons would make it palatable for us. 

Baccus is worth more than £300k to us hanging about for a year instead of strengthening another side in our league at our own expense.