The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hate to quote myself twice in one afternoon but remembered I’d felt this back in March. I wasn’t against the appointment when we eventually made it but maybe a lesson to trust your gut. 

Hear hear 

I said the exact same.

There’s zero point limping on with him.

Come October, we’ll be bottom of the league & out the League Cup, on the back of a humiliation in Frankfurt.

Surely to f**k he’d be gone after that.

Out his depth & he’s thick as stovies in a flask. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

How long do Aberdeen fans think before #DavesData leads to a fourth managerial sacking in under three years? 

Once you see Cormack appearing in the crowd with a face like thunder the end will be near 

So, here's a little window into the depth of despair excitement that my Saturday nights have become. I saw one of those all time greatest players lists on Facebook. None of which ever include Willie Miller, which really fucks me off. So I thought, I wonder what ChatGPT thinks. So I asked it, and it said, this is a highly subjective blah blah...

So I called its bluff and asked it what criteria would be required to make an objective listing. It then said I would need to weight the criteria, which I did as so:

Screenshot2023-09-16205753.png.eb7a784f7075c07a05084ca1e8617cb6.png

I then asked it to use those criteria and rank Willie Miller:

Screenshot2023-09-16210719.thumb.png.35126965525776f58719735d7051a6d1.png

Then I asked it to perform the same analysis on all notable central defenders and rank them from 1st down to Willie Miller according to their "Sum of weighted scores". I immediately noted Franco Baresi was missing, so asked it to run again and expand the search to 10 places. And this is what I got:

Screenshot2023-09-16210146.thumb.png.b3c7a3ac90b840deedefc720c012b7ca.png

What a world we live in 😎

30 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

What lacks cohesion is Robson when he’s trying to excuse another lame performance. 
Route 1 ball is only going to enrage the support unless he’s winning all the time. Another dinosaur of the game.

I was late getting on to IPTV, Hearts scored 5 minutes or so before I got my stream going.

At no point did I think we were the better team. Apparently we started well.

Shite performance aside, Hearts won that without playing very well themselves. They were strolling it by the end.

Edit: On the dinosaur of the game comment. Several players joked during pre-season that all the clubs they've recently played for introduced a ball from the first session. Tells it's own story.

Edited by DukDukGoose

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I was late getting on to IPTV, Hearts scored 5 minutes or so before I got my stream going.

At no point did I think we were the better team. Apparently we started well.

Shite performance aside, Hearts won that without playing very well themselves. They were strolling it by the end.

Edit: On the dinosaur of the game comment. Several players joked during pre-season that all the clubs they've recently played for introduced a ball from the first session. Tells it's own story.

We have been dreadful, and I mean really dreadful, in several games already this season. He is running out of time and excuses. 

Lose to County away in the LC and it’s possibly good night. 

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

We have been dreadful, and I mean really dreadful, in several games already this season. He is running out of time and excuses. 

Lose to County away in the LC and it’s possibly good night. 

Sadly I can't see it. Cormack didn't sack Glass or Goodwin as early as he should have done and I can see him keeping Robson on for longer than he should.

I suppose the sloppy defending at times can be blamed on the number of new faces brought in but the team being so poor going forward is the most worrying thing. I know this is a point almost everyone has already made but why go to the bother of signing Clarkson just to have the team play long ball and reduce his effectiveness almost entirely. 

I didn’t see the game today but if Duk was as poor as he’s been then surely giving one of the other strikers a chance is a necessity. Not sure it’ll happen though as in the games I have seen a lot of the time giving him the ball and hoping he’ll do something seems to be one of the few plans going forward.

Ramadani is a miss and ideally someone should have been brought in but he’s not that good to be a major reason for the clubs form.

I don’t see them punting Robson too early even if we go out of the cup to County but whatever the team had when Robson first came in is long gone now and I’m not expecting it to come back any time soon. Plan A looks terrible so far and there rarely seems to be a plan B. The squad doesn’t look all that bad on paper if a little unbalanced, hoping Robson can turn it around or more likely they don’t wait too long to punt him before someone can come in and salvage the season before it’s too late.

8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Ramadani is a miss and ideally someone should have been brought in but he’s not that good to be a major reason for the clubs form.

I agree that selling him at that price seemed to make sense. It’s the complete absence of a replacement that’s the issue. It’s not as if they didn’t have the whole month of August to do that.

If the plan is to play a direct game, then Clarkson and McGrath are hardly your ‘second ball’ type midfielders.

Getting a tune out of Barron, which I thought they did to an extent vs Hibs before he was mysteriously subbed, may be the only way to get some stability into the side

Barry Robson = Callum Davidson.

Lucked out on a team and formation initially but when he had to start to assemble his own team/squad he was completely out his depth. 

The similarities are staggering including the interviews.

Said it for months that he was a terrible blinkered appointment for Aberdeen.

I would be extremely worried with the amount of money they have given him to spend on this squad. 

But no doubt St Johnstone will bend over and take 3 from Aberdeen soon to give him his first win in ages!!!

28 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Lucked out on a team and formation initially but when he had to start to assemble his own team/squad he was completely out his depth. 

I would be extremely worried with the amount of money they have given him to spend on this squad. 

But no doubt St Johnstone will bend over and take 3 from Aberdeen soon to give him his first win in ages!!!

Aberdeen are not scoring 3 against any team, any time soon. 
Not with an u-18’s, long ball merchant in charge. 

27 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Robson had very little to do with the transfers we've brought in; that's just not how the club works these days. The players aren't really the problem either, it's the total and utter lack of any tactical guile, and stubborn refusal to recognise that things aren't working/inability to make any changes to the way the team is set-up.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

I agree that selling him at that price seemed to make sense. It’s the complete absence of a replacement that’s the issue. It’s not as if they didn’t have the whole month of August to do that.

If the plan is to play a direct game, then Clarkson and McGrath are hardly your ‘second ball’ type midfielders.

Getting a tune out of Barron, which I thought they did to an extent vs Hibs before he was mysteriously subbed, may be the only way to get some stability into the side

Agree…. Up until the final paragraph. 
Barron is lightweight & painfully slow.  
He’ll not make it at Aberdeen.

The midfield is a huge issue. 
When Ramadani was here, we needed competition for him & Shinnie. 
Rama was sold & not replaced. 
Which was piss poor management of the squad.  
We dicked about on the last day making an enquiry for Baccus. 

We’re two short in midfield until January by which time the guts of the season will have been played. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aberdeen are not scoring 3 against any team, any time soon. 
Not with an u-18’s, long ball merchant in charge. 

You genuinely might against us it Duk starts up front.

Theres a genuine argument that Considine is our fastest CB.