The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

What's a Christmas Tree in this context?

Someone who’s decked out in all the club gear. 

32 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The people annoyed by the ticket fiasco are going to lose their fucking minds when VAR gifts the scum a couple of penalties and a Rubi red card. 

Ah well, at least they won’t be there to see it.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Why didn’t you try and get a ticket when they went on sale?

It was pretty well publicised what the sales process was, rightly or wrongly 

Sounds like some are kicking themselves for being too lax

By the time the club weed out some **** with no sales history and put the extra 2500 on sale there will be plenty to go around imo 

My situation is that I attend most home matches and a few more away matches in a season.

However, I don't normally purchase a season ticket although I did this season.

Therefore, I only have 180 'loyalty' points.

Consequently, I wasn't able to purchase in the nine hours those with 200+ had.

Anyway, on Monday, I was travelling back from the PAOK trip (I went to Berlin for a music festival afterwards) and wouldn't have been aware that I had to purchase anyway even if I did have 200+.

I'm not a diehard, if there was allocation of say 2000 then there would be far more deserving cases of a ticket than I but I would fancy myself being in the top 10,000 of regulars so with an allocation of 19,000, and with a loyalty system in place, I believed that I would get an opportunity to buy before the Oi Polloi got carte blanche.

But it isn't too much to ask, give 200+ a couple of days to buy, then those between 100-200 a day if you want, then a day for 0-100 before putting them on general sale.

I don't think it was lax, I wasn't even aware that the 200+ tickets had gone on sale. The first time I realised they were on sale was when the uproar started.

This was the reason the old voucher system was in place after the Liverpool fiasco when all these big time Charlies came out of the woodwork to snaffle up tickets and deny those that turn up at the less attractive games the opportunity to watch the big match.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

“Small number”, so very few.

Much ado about nothing & a few Tribute Act fans lying. 
Quelle surprise. 

No doubt but i'm sure even if it had been huge numbers they would say it was a small number to save face anyway.

37 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’ve seen someone say 30 have been re-assigned to be available.

IF that’s true, then feck all really.

Yeah likely about a dozen or so people managed to buy tickets at most. Probably would have got away with it if their idiot fellow currants hadn’t started fucking about on social media making the same shite jokes.

Just now, Rodhull said:

Yeah likely about a dozen or so people managed to buy tickets at most. Probably would have got away with it if their idiot fellow currants hadn’t started fucking about on social media making the same shite jokes.

Why so few would want to go in the Dons end, & quite likely get a hiding, is beyond me. 

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen FC announce profits of £1.1million in annual financial report as player sales see boost in coffers

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fc-announce-profits-11million-8914813

Presumably next year we will post a bigger profit with the European money ,even without player sales. A cup final win would certainly help financially and to give the management team more time.

16 hours ago, Rodhull said:

No doubt but i'm sure even if it had been huge numbers they would say it was a small number to save face anyway.

I'm not sure why it's taken over three days, you would've thought that a simple database query could've found in a couple of seconds those with loyalty points beneath a defined threshold that had purchased tickets for the Final.

Indeed, it would be interesting to know the search conditions they implemented to highlight those Attila suspicious purchases.

Burrows citing "human error" in the ticket office publicly is unlikely to have created a harmonious atmosphere.

I still have doubts whether I'll get a ticket but I live in hope.

Either way, the whole thing has been a monumental fuck up

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

Presumably next year we will post a bigger profit with the European money ,even without player sales. A cup final win would certainly help financially and to give the management team more time.

It looks likely to be about the same all else being equal. Last year roughly 0. 5 m Europe +7.5m sales =8m, this year 5.5m Europe +£1 m sales, but season tickets up and additional revenue from home games in Europe should roughly match total incomings. Don't think we'd get massive prize money fpr a cup win but the feel good factor would generate more sales elsewhere. 

Hard to guess what expenses might do and depends on whether we have management compo again. 

Obviously Back to back hat tricks for Bojan against Italy and England and we'll be building the new stadium out of gold so it's all subject to events. 

Expect us to be relativley steady next year. Would be nice if we could make it through the season without a shareholder bail out, but at least this year's is only a temporary sub. Self sufficiency has to be the goal. 

A strategy of expecting operating losses and covering them with player sales does worry me, as the player sales will be way less consistent than losses. Potentially a high reward strategy though, one superstar could fund a decade. 

At least the club is communicating these things transparently and apparently honestly. Less scrupulous clubs may have sought to hoodwink fans, press and investors by including player sales above the operating profit/loss line.

8 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Aberdeen FC announce profits of £1.1million in annual financial report as player sales see boost in coffers

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/football-news/aberdeen-fc-announce-profits-11million-8914813

Haven’t read the full annual report yet but the headlines make me uneasy. £6m operating loss propped up by player sales isn’t sustainable. 

it’ll likely be better next year but again it’ll be propped up by what could be one-off income.

Not doomsday stuff but unless we have a vision to fill the operating gap beyond gambling on player sales and European money (which will likely be further away in a couple of years) then we have a long term problem.  

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Haven’t read the full annual report yet but the headlines make me uneasy. £6m operating loss propped up by player sales isn’t sustainable. 

it’ll likely be better next year but again it’ll be propped up by what could be one-off income.

Not doomsday stuff but unless we have a vision to fill the operating gap beyond gambling on player sales and European money (which will likely be further away in a couple of years) then we have a long term problem.  

That's the stated strategy. "Player trading model" where operating losses are propped up by regular player sales. 

I'm not hugely comfortable with it in principle but I'm a bit more comfortable having read the accounts that it's been properly considered. 

I'd agree that it's definitely not sustainable at 2023 levels of operating loss but if we tick along just under break even it wouldn't be too concerning.  A McCrorie every couple of years is a more realistic basis for the budget than a Ramsay. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That's the stated strategy. "Player trading model" where operating losses are propped up by regular player sales. 

I'm not hugely comfortable with it in principle but I'm a bit more comfortable having read the accounts that it's been properly considered. 

I'd agree that it's definitely not sustainable at 2023 levels of operating loss but if we tick along just under break even it wouldn't be too concerning.  A McCrorie every couple of years is a more realistic basis for the budget than a Ramsay. 

Oh 100% agree if we could break even on an operating basis then we’ve justified the cost base and that’s fine. 

You could even go as far to say that breaking even on an operating basis with profits on player trading going into the infrastructure of the club is just about the perfect model. Profits going into the pockets of shareholders is a bit of a tragedy too so would be the right balance. 

My concern is we haven’t got proof the player trading model actually works yet. The majority of the profits are from homegrown talent (yes Ferguson and mccrorie from trading so I suppose they count). Ramadani was good business but beyond miovski, duk and clarkson need to justify their investment all over again and beyond that you’ve got sokler, gueye and Rubezic who as yet don’t necessarily look like big money sell ons. 

As I say I haven’t read the accounts in full yet so maybe they’ll give me more comfort…