The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yep, everyone saw that. He had to take them back into the dugout after the penalty was scored and have a rethink. I was amazed that he didn’t do that.

Mad.

Cant understand why Duk didnt come on for Rubezic when he went off injured too, game was stretched as f**k by then and it was clear the back 5 had harmed you.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A total waste of having Miovski.

Yep, but not just him. Plenty of good players for this level but none of them being allowed to play to their strengths. No real width, no real pace and for all his negativity, not actually very good at defending. 

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I've been going to Pittodrie since 1984, and I've never seen Dundee win at Pittodrie. I expect that to change next week.

Dundee proved to be a bogey team for us at Pittodrie during the late 90s and early 2000s. We experienced a challenging period, losing five consecutive matches and going 15 games without a victory over a span of 17 years.

Edited by betting competition

Honestly I think we just have to suffer through the season and punt Robson at the end, having managers come in part way through the season with the window closed doesn't feel like it helps. I think there might be a good manager in there but he seems wedded to reverting to a back 5 because it worked so well when he came in.

I think we're really missing McRorie and his energy/ability to break lines which is required if you're going to attack from deep with wing backs.

Glad I stuck with Zambia v Morocco, rather than listen to the Sportsound commentary (which was the Rangers match, anyway)...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Think that’s the first goal Miovski has scored against us in 3 seasons, so he’s still none from open play. I can see why Aberdeen fans are annoyed, he’s clearly a capable player and a good striker, yet he had zero chances last night against us and let’s face it we’re pretty crap. I get he’s not got the best away record, but the team should be set up to supply him and whatever Robson picked last night had no width or pace to it. It was like watching saints and frankly with the players available you should be miles ahead of us, but you’re simply not. That’s on the manager from an outsiders perspective. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

Think that’s the first goal Miovski has scored against us in 3 seasons, so he’s still none from open play. I can see why Aberdeen fans are annoyed, he’s clearly a capable player and a good striker, yet he had zero chances last night against us and let’s face it we’re pretty crap. I get he’s not got the best away record, but the team should be set up to supply him and whatever Robson picked last night had no width or pace to it. It was like watching saints and frankly with the players available you should be miles ahead of us, but you’re simply not. That’s on the manager from an outsiders perspective. 

There wasn’t much he could do on his own against three centre halves. 

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

That's his point though.

Isolated, hunting scraps or balls in behind.

Yeah very much this, it wasn’t a criticism of Miovski at all, he doesn’t stand a chance against a three man defence on his own. It’s not his game and the point I was making is Robson should see this and play a system that makes Miovski stand out as the excellent striker he is. The fact he’s got 17 goals this season in that set up and team is testament to his ability. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

In fairness, he’d have struggled to score against you when he was at MTK. 

11 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Now Aberdeen's version of Donald Trump needs to get his ass back here, turn on the waterworks again, and hand brain dead Barry his P45.

Or better still handover the actual running of the club to someone that knows what they're doing, and he can return once in while to take the acclaim when things are going well.

What happened to the Football Monitoring Board?

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Robson should see this and play a system that makes Miovski stand out as the excellent striker he is.

Miovski and Clarkson are two of the most talented non-Celtic players in the league. Robson seems incapable of getting the best out of either. He spent months playing Clarkson too deep and having the defence shell balls over his head, or insisting he drops deep to do the shelling.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

He did have a chance. 2nd half header from an excellent Clarkson cross. He put it over the bar when a glance off the napper would have got him a goal. 
Clarkson later produced a sublime reverse cross from the opposite side only for Sokler to fluff the header. 
We have to find a way to use Clarksons abilities more effectively. 

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

Dundee proved to be a bogey team for us at Pittodrie during the late 90s and early 2000s. We experienced a challenging period, losing five consecutive matches and going 15 games without a victory over a span of 17 years.

And that period of success for Dundee at Pittodrie spanned the time when I was rejecting footballl in general (in my 20s and going out too much) and Aberdeen in particular which covered the tail end of the Aitken era, Alex Miller, Hegarty and the first season and half of Skovdhal where I barely went to a match.

I saw one match in 1998 (Motherwell at home) and one match in 1999 (St Pauli away).

I've seen Dundee 21 times at Pittodrie:

2 x 1984, 1 x 1985, 2 x 1986, 2 x 1987, 1 x 1988, 1 x 1990, 1 x 1992, 2 x 1993, 1 x 2003, 2 x 2004, 1 x 2005, 1 x 2012, 1 x 2015, 2 x 2018 and 1 x 2022 and that's 13 home wins, 5 no score draws and 3 score draws

However, in 2004, I saw Dundee beat Aberdeen at Dens Park, the only time I've witnessed Dundee beat Aberdeen anywhere (Pittodrie, Dens or Hampden).

I did see Dundee win away from home at Montrose in 1991 though.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

19 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

And that period of success for Dundee at Pittodrie spanned the time when I was rejecting footballl in general (in my 20s and going out too much) and Aberdeen in particular which covered the tail end of the Aitken era, Alex Miller, Hegarty and the first season and half of Skovdhal where I barely went to a match.

So, you've got a good record in games v Dundee because you papped going to watch your team because they were shite, and went back once they improved?

Sound.

ETA: That is absolutely your right, but it gives a bit of context to the "I've been going to Pittodrie for 300 years and have never seen Dundee win".

Edited by VincentGuerin