The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, AJF said:

I’d say it was poorly timed, at pace and cleaned McKenzie out.

I don’t have any complaints it was upheld, but assault is hyperbole.

I don’t deal in hyperbole, just facts.

More double standards on show with no extra game added to the ban for being a frivolous appeal. 
The irony meter explodes instantly on Tuesday when the home fans behind the goal tonight right starts singing f**k the sfa. Clearly must expect to get 100 percent of the refs decisions and anything else is an affront.

Just now, 1GregStewart said:

Cleaning someone out is a form of assault. 

Players get cleaned out all the time from follow throughs in tackles. Maybe it’s a semantic understanding of the word assault. An elbow or forearm smash or deliberate attempt to injure someone could be classed as an assault potentially. But a poorly timed tackle? Not for me.

Just now, AJF said:

Players get cleaned out all the time from follow throughs in tackles. Maybe it’s a semantic understanding of the word assault. An elbow or forearm smash or deliberate attempt to injure someone could be classed as an assault potentially. But a poorly timed tackle? Not for me.

I will sleep better tonight now you have clarified Simmy’s tackle wasn’t assault. 
Thanks a lot. 

Just now, 1GregStewart said:

I will sleep better tonight now you have clarified Simmy’s tackle wasn’t assault. 
Thanks a lot. 

Glad to be of service. If it means I’ve expedited you logging off here tonight then I’ve probably done most folk a favour.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: f**k off neil. But wait, it gets worse…

IMG_3549.thumb.jpeg.b64e952edc0681ce63e9e10fdd0f6a75.jpeg

Surprised they haven’t cashed in with the DNA Q&A yet. To be honest after the car crash the Robson one was doubt they’ll  be in a hurry for an other one 

1 hour ago, Moorie said:

Surprised they haven’t cashed in with the DNA Q&A yet. To be honest after the car crash the Robson one was doubt they’ll  be in a hurry for an other one 

Possibly the main reason I have DNA is this event - and to be fair to Warnock, he'll be a bit more comfortable in front of an audience than the lug-howker.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Possibly the main reason I have DNA is this event - and to be fair to Warnock, he'll be a bit more comfortable in front of an audience than the lug-howker.

Certainly potential to be one of the best ones they had to date 

With Warnock saying the game plan changed after Jensen took ill this morning I think it’s fair to say he can’t really rate McDonald or Milne as CB options if he thought that disastrous lineup was a better option.

Playing 4-5 players out of their preferred position (some wildly so) rather than just slot one of them into Jensen’s place seems very bizarre.

32 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It'll all be fine once the games in hand points bonanza comes in lads.

This post says way more about st Mirren fans than Aberdeen. Happy to be proven wrong by you evidencing anyone saying this or showing perceived arrogance that our games in hand would see us propelled up the league table. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This post says way more about st Mirren fans than Aberdeen. Happy to be proven wrong by you evidencing anyone saying this or showing perceived arrogance that our games in hand would see us propelled up the league table. 

I haven't got the evidence right now, but I'm supremely confident I'll get it and that will win me the debate. Evidence in hand, if you will.

6 hours ago, Schmoo said:

up there with Duff and Young in defence against Olomouc for me.

My mate and I did spend a large portion of the first half double-checking Young and Duff weren't actually on the park.

I notice our local sports media have gone down the 'brave man admitting he got it wrong', 'experience able to turn things round' narrative - nope, sorry - this was an unnecessary binfire that Stevie Wonder could have told him had no chance of working.

The race to be 9th hots up with such a hard-earned point.

........as for the 'thrown under a bus' nonsense used to defend certain players. Even allowing for bizarre team selection, there is Morris (who can run fast in a straight line). Just some basic intellect and spatial awareness could presumably still mean you could give the wing-back position half a go? He really is one of the worst players I have seen at AB24 and that is a low bar.

Edited by tarapoa

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I haven't got the evidence right now, but I'm supremely confident I'll get it and that will win me the debate. Evidence in hand, if you will.

And I will concede if you do. Just remember that a mere mention of the fact we had games in hand by someone doesn’t justify your slightly strange triumphalism. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And I will concede if you do. Just remember that a mere mention of the fact we had games in hand by someone doesn’t justify your slightly strange triumphalism. 

Also remember that just because nobody said it, it doesn't mean it's not funny.