The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

ST prices for next season. Think it’s a £14 increase for my current seat at back of RDL which isn’t too bad but might move to the front section to save a few £. 3 home wins so far this season certainly hasn’t been good value. There is also the outstanding question of which division we’ll be in and who the manager will be.

IMG_0035.thumb.jpeg.5ace8241cf8e5dfbe875c65065b3f98b.jpeg

Edited by STFU_Donny

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I see that Lennon is interested in your club. What say the Dons' fans?

lennon-huddleboard.gif

59 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Ian paisley...NEVER NEVER NEVER - YouTube

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He can have my five iron if he wants.

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

go-away-leave.gif

If Dave's reading this, Lennon's a shoe in...

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Aberdeen FC - Season Ticket FAQs (afc.co.uk)

I'm really surprised that these aren't on the list of FAQs.

Q. Can I get a full refund if you employ that c**t Neil Lennon as manager?

Q. Can I get partial refund if we're playing in the diddy league?

The answer to the 2nd question is yes.

A Ticket office email was posted on Twitter by someone.

The answer to the first question?  
If the answer is Neil f*****g Lennon, ask a different question. 

Some of our fans apparent intense dislike of Neil Lennon seems disproportionate to the amount of offence he’s ever caused us.

That will make him a non-starter presumably as Cormack’s twitter account is still likely to hold more influence than anything else in the selection process.

He probably ticks as many boxes as any feasible options right now, but I feel this one will be a hipsters’ choice from overseas due to the Phil Clem factor holding sway with our chairman.

Warnock’s line on Willie being his assistant was actually quite amusing, but still think the sooner he’s gone the better.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Some of our fans apparent intense dislike of Neil Lennon seems disproportionate to the amount of offence he’s ever caused us.

That will make him a non-starter presumably as Cormack’s twitter account is still likely to hold more influence than anything else in the selection process.

He probably ticks as many boxes as any feasible options right now, but I feel this one will be a hipsters’ choice from overseas due to the Phil Clem factor holding sway with our chairman.

Warnock’s line on Willie being his assistant was actually quite amusing, but still think the sooner he’s gone the better.

Why does he have to have caused us direct offence?

He is possibly capable of coming in and making a short term impact but his record would show that he does little long term building. In fact, you could argue that even in his successful spells he’s inherited strong squads that over time he’s made steadily worse. 

His character is questionable to say the least, he seems to leave most clubs under a cloud when it doesn’t go his way, has a habit of publicly slating players and a lot of chat seems to be his training methods are way out of step with modern football. He was pretty contemptuous towards hibs towards the end, making comments like clubs like hibs don’t know what real pressure is like at big clubs like Celtic. There were rumours of him having a pretty unpleasant rant at leanne dempster too. He was a joke figure when he left Celtic the 2nd time. 

I can’t actually understand the appeal of the guy whatsoever. 

Lennon comes across as a normal, dare i say it, quite likeable chap on the telly when hes doing the punditing stuff and by all accounts is a decent normal chap in the anecdotal meetings ive heard about. As Dons 1988 says though, questionable temperament during his career as a player and manager. 

Its all just a bit insipid and boring though.  

21 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He is possibly capable of coming in and making a short term impact but his record would show that he does little long term building. In fact, you could argue that even in his successful spells he’s inherited strong squads that over time he’s made steadily worse. 

His character is questionable to say the least, he seems to leave most clubs under a cloud when it doesn’t go his way, has a habit of publicly slating players and a lot of chat seems to be his training methods are way out of step with modern football. He was pretty contemptuous towards hibs towards the end, making comments like clubs like hibs don’t know what real pressure is like at big clubs like Celtic. There were rumours of him having a pretty unpleasant rant at leanne dempster too. He was a joke figure when he left Celtic the 2nd time. 

Good points, well made.

Now the frothing seethe at the prospect can recommence.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This ^^^
Nothing to add m’lud. 

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I suspect you’ll get your wish on Sunday… 

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye, but apart from that...

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

I'd quite like a manager that does aeroplane celebrations but there's no reason that has to be Lennon. 

One that wins more games than they lose would be better though 

What about one who does a wee half-step jig to make sure he gets a good kick at the water bottle when he's losing?

2m7z1w1.gif.a8665facc060f98d1f879dfe7c0d2c41.gif