The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Surely they have the appointment ready to go before Dundee, otherwise it is an odd development. 

I actually think there have been signs of attacking improvements under Warnock, particularly in terms of our movement and patterns of play. Today was certainly his most complete performance. I feel like he has been a bit harshly treated by some of our fans, but I suppose that's modern football. 

It's certainly been interesting, and hopefully he comes to Hampden as a fan (of us, not Rangers). 

The press have been pretty hard on him as well. They will be gutted they beat their wee darling McInnes today. 

11 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

The press have been pretty hard on him as well. They will be gutted they beat their wee darling McInnes today. 

Have to admit the BBC’s match preview article suggesting our issues have started and ended with sacking mcinnes was very amusing and does add a shine to today. 

Don’t feel any sympathy for warnock tbh. But that was much more like it today. 

I remember saying it post-PAOK, but today is another good example of how much of a gut punch it is going to be to lose Barron on a free, especially when you feel there is still so much to get from him.

A genuine example of a multi-million midfielder coming through our academy and he is going to move on for nothing. A sore one. 

12 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I remember saying it post-PAOK, but today is another good example of how much of a gut punch it is going to be to lose Barron on a free, especially when you feel there is still so much to get from him.

A genuine example of a multi-million midfielder coming through our academy and he is going to move on for nothing. A sore one. 

Is he actually away? There was a rush of tweets from your fans last week suggesting he'd renewed.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he actually away? There was a rush of tweets from your fans last week suggesting he'd renewed.

It would take a miracle for him to be an Aberdeen player next season, unfortunately. I have been resigned to him moving on since the beginning of the season. 

I think those tweets were sparked by a completely innocuous Instagram post which some of our fans decided to read far too much into, but that is football fans on social media for you.

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I hope so too. If not, he could have stayed for another week until the international break.

By all accounts, and probably unsurprisingly, it was not as 'mutual' as we are perhaps being led to believe (i.e. Warnock has told us he was going).

That would also tie in with Scott Burns claiming that we are actually still speaking with more than one candidate. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

McInnes, Robinson, or Docherty.

Who do Aberdeen fans prefer?

To me thats just varying degrees of McInnes so you go for the real thing tbh, but i dont know if too much water has washed the bridge away for McInnes or not.

If McInnes had stayed for another season then my season ticket was binned. If he is so great why was he unemployed for 11 months?

1 minute ago, scoobles said:

If he is so great why was he unemployed for 11 months?

Probably because you were still paying him.

1 minute ago, scoobles said:

If McInnes had stayed for another season then my season ticket was binned. If he is so great why was he unemployed for 11 months?

The last great manager you had was Fergie. 

Evening all, a wee bit of a last minute one for you all. I'm interviewing Darren Young on monday for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview" and I'd love to get as many supporters connected to him as possible involved.

That being said, are there any questions you'd like me to put to your former captain, or any stories or insights on him you would like me to mention. Questions from supporters has worked a charm so far on the show and I'd love to broaden the reach by letting you all hear exactly what you want to hear. Superb win today to secure your ticket to Hampden, and I hope there's a solid man in the dugout at Pittodrie as soon as possible. Happy to share the episode when it's ready to go in this forum if any are interested. All the best for the rest of the season!

Jeez your easily pleased if you think Barron is a multi million pound player.

We’ll get a few hundred grand and ~5% of any future transfer fee he goes for at least but yes, well short of what we should be getting.

5 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Did he come through your academy? Would you not be due a hefty development fee?

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Did he come through your academy? Would you not be due a hefty development fee?

I'm not au fait with the rules, but apparently so. It is still frustrating, although it is admittedly difficult to force the guy to sign a long-term contract and know exactly the right point to sell him to maximise value. It does feel like a failure in forward planning at some point, though.