The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

26 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

It's grey, dull and boring, but a million miles better than that god-awful, migraine headache-inducing  'Wasp' kit.

It would have been better with the shorts in the dark grey, or even with the 3 stripes in shades of Corrennie Pink granite or Peterhead Red granite. But sticking the goalpost badge on any kit immediately takes it from a 5/10 to an 8/10.

But as @DukDukGoose says above, absolutely no need to bring out 3 kits in a single season.

I'll be honest.

If the adidas logo was a trefoil, I'd shag it.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

Surely it’s to appeal to the fans who prefer the more stylish or simplistic look rather than the radical wasp strip and previously northern lights strip?

Perhaps but this is really, really boring. There’s a way of getting a simplistic strip without it looking like they just went for the most basic of Adidas templates. If it had been announced as a training top I don’t think I would have given it a second look.

On 25/09/2024 at 10:49, Enrico Pallazzo said:

It's grey, dull and boring, but a million miles better than that god-awful, migraine headache-inducing  'Wasp' kit.

It would have been better with the shorts in the dark grey, or even with the 3 stripes in shades of Corrennie Pink granite or Peterhead Red granite. But sticking the goalpost badge on any kit immediately takes it from a 5/10 to an 8/10.

But as @DukDukGoose says above, absolutely no need to bring out 3 kits in a single season.

Need to go back to the days of revealing the 3 kits at once. Don’t have to release at same time but would be easier for kits to pick what one or two they want than having three separate reveals 

6 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Good day so far for Boyd.

Ended up with a hat-trick in a 6-1 win.

Hopefully the club ensures that there is a clear pathway for him. I am sceptical that he would have signed the new deal if he didn't genuinely think that was going to be there for him.

On 26/09/2024 at 16:51, Moorie said:

Need to go back to the days of revealing the 3 kits at once. Don’t have to release at same time but would be easier for kits to pick what one or two they want than having three separate reveals 

Couldnae agree more - seemingly in minority in that I quite like the Wasp kit (tho yet to wear it doon here for fear I get mistaken for some Porteous-loving Watford mark), and actually glad the new 3rd is as boring as it is, leading to zero inspiration to actually lay out any cash for it. Had it been decent I'd have been scunnered as cannae justify ANOTHER 70-odd and would've been left wishing they'd followed this 'all-at-once' plan to let us make an informed decision before putting down any of the hard earned. But then that's the point of the delayed release I suppose - HAD it been decent, chances are I would've gone for it anyway and taken the inevitable wrath and dug-hoosing on the chin.

2 hours ago, C.S.Komodo said:

Couldnae agree more - seemingly in minority in that I quite like the Wasp kit (tho yet to wear it doon here for fear I get mistaken for some Porteous-loving Watford mark), and actually glad the new 3rd is as boring as it is, leading to zero inspiration to actually lay out any cash for it. Had it been decent I'd have been scunnered as cannae justify ANOTHER 70-odd and would've been left wishing they'd followed this 'all-at-once' plan to let us make an informed decision before putting down any of the hard earned. But then that's the point of the delayed release I suppose - HAD it been decent, chances are I would've gone for it anyway and taken the inevitable wrath and dug-hoosing on the chin.

Yeah I’m going too see if the price drops nearer the end of the season and will purchase it. Loons birthday next month so sure grandad will purchase it for him. 
move started keeping my old shirts in the loft the past 20 odd years still in great condition too and picked the red abtrust and gold afab ones up about 10 year ago. Keep them for my loon when he’s older either be hip and wear classic top when he goes to games or make some money off them. Reason why I’m still in two minds to buy the grey one. Still 3 shirts at over £70 in one season. Good get a good bit of designer wear for that 

43 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Devlin in the Scotland squad.

I'm always tough on him but he's miles better than Ralston.

Has also played pretty well defensively although I think we need much more going forward.

Yeah, pretty much agree with all this. Great for Devlin but it obviously speaks more to the options Scotland have there than anything else.

He is better than Ralston, but mebbe not by miles. You don't get to be Celtic's 4th choice right back without having a winning mentality after all.

Delighted for Devlin, much like Andy Considine, he must have thought that any chance of ever being called up to the national team had long since gone. I'm sure that he's absolutely on cloud 9 at training today.

Is he international class? No. But he's better than that plank Ralston.