The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Why couldn't they use them?

Cause I'm sure that apart from the very early rounds standing areas are not allowed in European competitions.  Safe standing areas can quickly and easily be transformed into seating for those sort of games.  

What does safe standing look like?

Edited by NorthernLights

There's more chance of Aberdeen coonsul approving a titty bar at the stadium than there is of them allowing safe standing.

All in all quite happy, hope this finally gets done. Location can't suit everyone but an enclosed bowl type stadium ala groenigan, training facilities, fewer seagulls and better access all to be welcomed.

Greer, Mulgrew, Hutton etc are all players for the future. 

Barrie McKay is another diddy, same goes for Wallace. Players picked based on who they play for. 

How Griffiths isn't in there after scoring 40 goals, i'll never know. No Rhodes either. 

Strachan should've been punted after losing Scott Arfield to Canada. 

Griffith not being there really made me laugh.

It has shown me Strachan is not biased, he’s just not a very good manager.

Some of those guys also wont make it through to the next campaign what is the f"cking point!

Edited by Mackiemyday

Nice wee tribute for Norman Goldie. Used to see him round the city centre a lot when I lived in Aberdeen and sometimes clocked him when I was walking back from work through Torry. He was well thought of in the city so it's good to see Aberdeen recognise him. Maybe they'll name part of the new stadium after him? Maybe not a stand but a hospitality box or something?

The location is pretty shit to get to. There'll be next to no facilities around for fans to go to and miles from the train or bus station for those who aren't travelling by car be they home or away supporters. Mind you it's not like there are an abundance of sites in the city and redeveloping Pittodrie isn't an option so I guess the club are quite limited in where they can go.

They'd probably be better putting on a couple of shuttle buses to Stonehaven station instead of Aberdeen for away support (or Dyce for ICT or Ross County) for anyone getting the train out of the city post match. Would take a lot less time than fighting the city centre traffic with the AWPR coming in.

I fail to see the fail..???

You should eat more zinc and fish oil. Can be good for IQ.

The reason that Shinnie and McLean aren't in the squad is so they can be prepare with the rest of your squad for the European Qualifiers. So Strachan was actually helping your team (and Scottish football) but cults_sheep couldn't stop himself from leaping into meltdown mode without thinking.

You should eat more zinc and fish oil. Can be good for IQ.

The reason that Shinnie and McLean aren't in the squad is so they can be prepare with the rest of your squad for the European Qualifiers. So Strachan was actually helping your team (and Scottish football) but cults_sheep couldn't stop himself from leaping into meltdown mode without thinking.

How come Callum Paterson is in the squad then? Hearts have the same Euro games

Perhaps if Generalissimo Trump ate more fish oil and zinc he would have figured that out himself.

Not sure. You'd have to ask Strachan. I'm just relaying what Strachan said himself about why Aberdeen players and Celtic players (bar the leaving Mulgrew and a Goalie) aren't in the team.

Perhaps Strachan cares more about his former clubs? 

Apparently Neilson specifically asked for Paterson to remain included due to the fact he missed his chance the other month through injury.  Walker was apparently going to be called up but we've asked for him not to be included so he can give his knee a rest.