The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

How come Callum Paterson is in the squad then? Hearts have the same Euro games

Apparently Neilson specifically asked for Paterson to remain included due to the fact he missed his chance the other month through injury.  Walker was apparently going to be called up but we've asked for him not to be included so he can give his knee a rest.

Location isn't ideal for everyone (I'm not complaining, not far to travel) but sadly, while I'd much prefer to stay at Pittodrie, this is our future.

Training ground being next to the stadium makes perfect sense and location wise, it couldn't be much better for using the bypass. Just a shame the location means an end to the walk into town for a piss up.

Bit of a waste not having safe standing given that sections of our support at Pittodrie stand all 90 minutes, myself included.

Given our history of stadium plans I'm not going to hold my breath on this latest plan but good to see priority is being given to getting the training facilities set up.  After that it wouldn't be a shock if the stadium plans are delayed or shelved as per usual.  Surprised just how far out of town they have gone, will make it a nightmare for fans travelling by train, particularly post match as the Hazelhead road and LangStracht are likely to be nose to tail. Great if driving from out with the city but literally nothing anywhere near by for a pint and some grub.

Given our history of stadium plans I'm not going to hold my breath on this latest plan but good to see priority is being given to getting the training facilities set up.  After that it wouldn't be a shock if the stadium plans are delayed or shelved as per usual.  Surprised just how far out of town they have gone, will make it a nightmare for fans travelling by train, particularly post match as the Hazelhead road and LangStracht are likely to be nose to tail. Great if driving from out with the city but literally nothing anywhere near by for a pint and some grub.

There's bars and places to eat in Westhill. 15 mins walk. 

10 minutes walk from the nearest put in Westhill to the first entrance to the stadium according to google maps, about the same time it says the journey from Pittodrie bar to the current stadium takes. Still scope for a supporters bar at the ground as well hopefully. 

Pretty sure google maps thinks anyone walking anywhere is a 70 year old granny.

This is true.  Sure there will be a supporters bar in the ground too, my main issue will be trying to get back into Aberdeen after the game in time to catch a train back to Glasgow

This is true.  Sure there will be a supporters bar in the ground too, my main issue will be trying to get back into Aberdeen after the game in time to catch a train back to Glasgow

Yeah I imagine that will be tricky. 

Saw it mentioned elsewhere but it would almost be easier getting to Stonehaven Station if there were busses put on to there. 

That looks absolutely brutal. I'd have been done with the football if we had sold Tynecastle and moved to some soulless legodome miles away from anywhere.

That looks absolutely brutal. I'd have been done with the football if we had sold Tynecastle and moved to some soulless legodome miles away from anywhere.

You'd give up the football because of a change of stadium?  Top fan.

I suspect the reality is you'd do nothing of the sort and that comment was a boring attempt to have a dig at the Dons to brighten up your day.

You're a total frother so I'm not surprised you're saying that.

The stadium shown in the images is a place holder, not a plan. It'll be very similar to the Loirston plan with a few adjustments, I'd imagine.

Looks ambitious. The training facilities will be a big step forward. Was the original new stadium not to be 30,000 capacity? This one going to be same? Surely 25000 max.

The one at Cove was going to be around 21,000 I think. 30,000 would be way more than we need, although it would be good for semi-finals.

The one at Cove was going to be around 21,000 I think. 30,000 would be way more than we need, although it would be good for semi-finals.

If I remember correctly 30,000 was only mentioned years ago when Scotland were considering putting in a bid to host the Euros and a new Aberdeen stadium would have been part of that.  A total non starter though.

If I remember correctly 30,000 was only mentioned years ago when Scotland were considering putting in a bid to host the Euros and a new Aberdeen stadium would have been part of that.  A total non starter though.

You're right enough. I think they were talking about having a temporary extension to one of the stands that could be put up/taken down when needed.

You'd give up the football because of a change of stadium?  Top fan.

I suspect the reality is you'd do nothing of the sort and that comment was a boring attempt to have a dig at the Dons to brighten up your day.

If his previous record is anything to go by he would boycott it for several months, only to return when they get their first victory against Aberdeen.

I would agree that Scotland could use a 30k venue for semi finals but there's not that many fixtures that would be better being held up here. It would only really be if one of the Dundee clubs played Hibs or Hearts, or even if there was a Dundee derby. Hibs or Hearts vs Ross County or Inverness could be an option but the Edinburgh clubs probably wouldn't bring a big enough support to Aberdeen to justify the larger capacity. Us against any of the Dundee or Edinburgh clubs would command more than 20k and even though certain clubs have been allowed to play semi finals at home, I don't think it's realistic for us.