The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

With Danny Rodgers and Robbie Mutch, seems like the goalkeeper position will be solidified for a few years to come.

I'd much rather have Rodgers out getting first team football week-in-week-out than maybe getting a game here and there at Aberdeen.

3 minutes ago, glasgow-sheep said:

Agree i hope mcinnes brings through Rodgers but given he hasn't managed to get a single youth player into the team on a regular basis since he arrived I won't hold my breath

I'm hoping for a change of that this season. Craig Storie showed last season he was good enough to play against any Scottish team, and would be an ideal candidate to take Flood's role in midfield.

4 hours ago, scottorae said:

I've got a feeling that Greg Stewart will be our last signing, McLean will play deeper where in my opinion he is at his best.

Have a few friends that are Dundee fans and they seem to think it likely too

Its fairly obvious you don't have enough money to sign him, utterly hilarious you seem to believe you do though

4 hours ago, scottorae said:

I don't think it's that outlandish. Year left on his contract, we are debt free and been turning a profit for a few years.

He'd be worth over £400k regardless of that, and you don't have that amount to spend on one player in a lump sum.

13 hours ago, scottorae said:

Reckon £400k about our limit for the right player.

We could maybe find 400k for Messi or that ilk,  but I seriously doubt we spend anything like that for anyone we'll actually be likely to get.

It's such a shame we don't have the 2 million needed for Greg Stewart............... :whistle

21 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

It's been a while since I lived in Aberdeen, but it does feel like any time anyone wants to do anything in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire some sort of protest group appears and puts an end to it.

Tbf as an outsider the proposed area looks like a horrible idea. 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It would be very good for fans from outside of the city.

Shite for me though, I'll miss being able to walk to games via the pub.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

The proposed area is actually quite good. Generally it's been pretty well received from Aberdeen fans. The small group of about 50 people against it are local residents who don't want a stadium near their house, basically. 

Right on the bypass - easy to get to from north or south.
There is already lots of parking nearby (within a mile or so)
Regarding pubs etc which is a concern of some the route is already serviced by about 6 buses an hour from Union Street (directly out towards Westhill) and Westhill itself has a handful. The club would be missing a trick if they did not incorporate some sort of fan pub at the ground too. 

How long would it take to get from in the city out to a game though? Would there not be a thousand or 2 fans that would drink in the centre/King street/Union street and walk up on a regular match day at the moment, could see it being a bit of a nuisance for them.

Bus must take a fair while to get out as far as that? Even in a car it must be about 20 minutes?

Would definitely have to put a pub out at the ground, would make a fortune.

Just interested to see how this has gone down. Only looked back a few pages on here but I'll have a nosey around other places as well.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

How long would it take to get from in the city out to a game though? Would there not be a thousand or 2 fans that would drink in the centre/King street/Union street and walk up on a regular match day at the moment, could see it being a bit of a nuisance for them.

Bus must take a fair while to get out as far as that? Even in a car it must be about 20 minutes?

Would definitely have to put a pub out at the ground, would make a fortune.

Just interested to see how this has gone down. Only looked back a few pages on here but I'll have a nosey around other places as well.

With out traffic from Union street it's a 20 minute journey by bus. If there were direct football buses you could run a bus up until 2:20 or so and make kick off easily if it was well organised. Probably looking at leaving town at that time anyway to walk to Pittodrie. It's not a big reason against IMO. 

Personally doesn't bother me and Pittodrie is a 30 minute walk from my house, that i'll then have to travel a bit further to make the games. It's not far.