The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I would doubt Rubezic (or Or Dadia) would be available for Livi due to those Brexit c***s

Neither Serbia or Israel are in the EU - so in their cases, they’d have needed work permits regardless.

Looking at reports on the performance yesterday - maybe we were lucky it was Preston North End we were playing and not the whole of Preston.

Edited by tarapoa

Enjoyable trip down to Preston. Poor home crowd but nice tribute to Craig Brown.

Over the 90mins I didn’t think there was much in it, bar the 2 quality finishes from their number 10. 
The makeshift back 3 looked very uneasy in the first half hour but grew into it as the game wore on. Milne has a bit about him on the ball, he maybe has a chance of making it. 
Great to see Miovski back on the pitch. He looked lively and contributed well. Also thought Barron did alright when he got on, could do with him playing to his potential this season. 
2 pretty clear penalties mysteriously denied by the ref, was just like last season in that regard where the key decisions definitely didn’t even themselves out over the duration. Maybe will get more decisions this season instead 🤣

Superb support and backing. Hope this continues all season during the rough patches as well as the good times. COYR

15 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Enjoyable trip down to Preston. Poor home crowd but nice tribute to Craig Brown.

Over the 90mins I didn’t think there was much in it, bar the 2 quality finishes from their number 10. 
The makeshift back 3 looked very uneasy in the first half hour but grew into it as the game wore on. Milne has a bit about him on the ball, he maybe has a chance of making it. 
Great to see Miovski back on the pitch. He looked lively and contributed well. Also thought Barron did alright when he got on, could do with him playing to his potential this season. 
2 pretty clear penalties mysteriously denied by the ref, was just like last season in that regard where the key decisions definitely didn’t even themselves out over the duration. Maybe will get more decisions this season instead 🤣

Superb support and backing. Hope this continues all season during the rough patches as well as the good times. COYR

Agree go along with your post .  nothing between the sides .    some good  fitba from us second half and lot to like .    We get that centre defence recruitment right and  more support on the left and we have right good side .

Well impressed with Sokler . going be hard put him on the bench even with Bojan back ,who looked well sharp when he came on . lots positives and fingers crossed the rumours are true and we get some support in for defence  this week.

RIP South Stand fence 😞

This will help us maximise crowds for the European games especially. Hopefully we don’t go down the route that the cheeks and Hearts have with pathetic away allocations.

Red Shed capacity up by 200 which is an improvement but still ridiculous that we’re not allowed to fill it.

Flexible away sections is good - it's the club's obligation to ensure Hearts get no more than they have decided to give us.  

If HMFC want to help kill the away fan experience concept - then tit for tat is the only option.

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Flexible away sections is good - it's the club's obligation to ensure Hearts get no more than they have decided to give us.  

If HMFC want to help kill the away fan experience concept - then tit for tat is the only option.

Genuine question though, given the middle section has the disabled bit at front, is there not a minimum of 2 sections that you can have for away fans? The middle bit and the uncovered section, unless the disabled bit is moved/altered somehow?

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Or clubs could have a grown up discussion about this. 

Tit for tat will solve nothing, it never does. 

40 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Hopefully we don’t go down the route that the cheeks and Hearts have with pathetic away allocations.

With all the talk of 'Flexible' and 'reciprocal' it sounds like Aberdeen want to match the away allocation they receive at opponents grounds. 650 for Hearts it is then. 😄

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The club has already tried to discuss with hearts and got nowhere. 

Hi Hearts it's Aberdeen here, can you not sell any more season tickets as it's impacting on the one or two trips a year a small fraction of our support make to Tynecastle? Yes I know clubs should be looking to increase and retain their core support and selling more season tickets is the best way to do this, but what about Aberdeen fans and their bi-annual visit to Tynecastle?  I know that you've got thousands on your season ticket waiting list, Hearts fans unable to attend Hearts games, but what about the Aberdeen supporters?...😄

Just now, Mr. X said:

Hi Hearts it's Aberdeen here, can you not sell any more season tickets as it's impacting on the one or two trips a year a small fraction of our support make to Tynecastle? Yes I know clubs should be looking to increase and retain their core support and selling more season tickets is the best way to do this, but what about Aberdeen fans and their bi-annual visit to Tynecastle?  I know that you've got thousands on your season ticket waiting list, Hearts fans unable to attend Hearts games, but what about the Aberdeen supporters?...😄

Don't worry, 650 might be an achievable away allocation for you to sell out now 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Fair enough. Would hate to jeopardise your ‘3rd most season tickets trophy’ to sit alongside the Tennents 6’s trophy. 

31 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

The club has already tried to discuss with hearts and got nowhere. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Pretty much this. What is there to discuss?

Aberdeen cutting the allocation is up to them. We've taken decent numbers up there recently, especially with the lack of Saturday games over the last few years. I think we sold out both Saturday games there in the last two seasons.

If they want to cut our allocation to appease the ego of their fans, we'll just need to live with it. Any Hearts fan deficient in PHM Points who fancies the weekend up there anyway could just go undercover and buy one of the plentiful home tickets up for sale.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Solving stuff is overrated 

I'd be happy with a tit for tat reduction just to annoy Hearts. 

But if we're not sold out and they want another 300 tickets at £28, that's £7k. What's that, a part time scout or community coach? Feels a bit like it would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. 

My considered opinion is that we should take their money before they get relegated again. 

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

Agree go along with your post .  nothing between the sides .    some good  fitba from us second half and lot to like .    We get that centre defence recruitment right and  more support on the left and we have right good side .

Well impressed with Sokler . going be hard put him on the bench even with Bojan back ,who looked well sharp when he came on . lots positives and fingers crossed the rumours are true and we get some support in for defence  this week.

This can't be right!

Granted, im just catching up on the weekends football but I'm sure I've read Robson is an imposter, Duk and the midfield is shite and our defence wouldn't get a game for Formartine.😉

Love pre seaons.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Head - 100% 

Heart - f**k them

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

My considered opinion is that we should take their money before they get relegated again. 

🤣 

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Genuine question though, given the middle section has the disabled bit at front, is there not a minimum of 2 sections that you can have for away fans? The middle bit and the uncovered section, unless the disabled bit is moved/altered somehow?

The disabled section is accessed by the track and is covered so I wouldn’t see it being a problem having home fans above them. There maybe some kickback if the away team only get the uncovered section though.

From the looks of things, it’s probably the first section into the current away end (R) which will primarily be used for home fans.