The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Would Baccus at St Mirren be a decent replacement?

About £300k, with £700k change to invest elsewhere 

Not for me Clive, back to the Balkans with the million+ 

ETA:  if Hearts get the boy Strain for peanuts, us grabbing Baccus for similar may just be enough for a full scale weegie meltdown from the buddies so it may well be a good idea.

giphy-downsized-large.gif.de7293c40918f70977c6a2ec64892042.gif

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Watching those highlights, he plays a bit like a taller version of Porteous.

I was thinking Solberg😐

Edited by TommyDickFingers

Scott Burns claiming we are hopeful of securing Scales this week. Just waiting on the green light from Celtic. Not sure if that's on loan or a permanent signing. Apparently he's available for 700k. An excess valuation given Scales has only played 2 seasons of full time football. Most of his appearances coming for us last season.

I'm ok with Scales on loan for the season as it gives Jordan Miles a season to source someone for next summer. 

Rubezic + Scales would surely mean Stewart is leaving.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Ramadani played well in quite a few matches last season,  but he had some stinkers as well. He started the season really poorly with his worst match the home defeat by Motherwell 3-2. He cost us a few goals as well, one against United in the 4-0 and he was largely to blame for the Darvel goal. Definitely improved massively with Shinnie beside him, but if we get offered anything approaching £1m we grab it.

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Scott Burns claiming we are hopeful of securing Scales this week. Just waiting on the green light from Celtic. Not sure if that's on loan or a permanent signing. Apparently he's available for 700k. An excess valuation given Scales has only played 2 seasons of full time football. Most of his appearances coming for us last season.

I'm ok with Scales on loan for the season as it gives Jordan Miles a season to source someone for next summer. Scales is out of contract at the end of next season apparently. 

Rubezic + Scales would surely mean Stewart is leaving.

£700k is too steep for Scales. 
Especially when we still need another 3 players minimum on top of him 

5 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

£700k is too steep for Scales. 
Especially when we still need another 3 players minimum on top of him 

I agree it’s slightly too steep but if it gives us balance in the team and a stronger set up against Celtic then it may well be a price worth paying. Unless we’ve got a quality left sided cb lined up instead then I would go for it. He’s a known quantity who we know would slot right in and it could well be worth paying the extra ~200k if it’s makes a stronger start to the season and Europa qualification more likely.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

I agree it’s slightly too steep but if it gives us balance in the team and a stronger set up against Celtic then it may well be a price worth paying. Unless we’ve got a quality left sided cb lined up instead then I would go for it. He’s a known quantity who we know would slot right in and it could well be worth paying the extra ~200k if it’s makes a stronger start to the season and Europa qualification more likely.

Aye, maybe, especially if we can squeeze an extra £200k for Ramadani.

On the other hand to Ramadani, I think I rate Scales a bit higher than most of our fans. I think we would struggle to source a player more suited to his position and role, on the left of that three, for much less than £700k in today's market, unfortunately. He was the perfect fit for that position in Robson's formation and style. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Does anyone go to watch football in the Balkans? 
He’ll get a shock when there’s over 4,500 Dons fans in the away end on Saturday 

Looking at Slobba's homeland - maybe boredom that since Yugo broke up, that the two Belgrade behemoths are too dominant. However, even their domestic attendances are poor - and it's TSC who got the second CL qualifier spot this season.

His former mob averaged 3.5K from a city of 70K.

image.png.927d91c9bbfcab069c8ac70b563ea827.png

On another matter - is it possible to get a YouTube of any eastern European prospect in action, without brutally $hite background music?

Edited by tarapoa

11 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, maybe, especially if we can squeeze an extra £200k for Ramadani.

Decent left sided centre backs are hard to come by. I think we may consider a 700k fee IF Ramadani is sold for the right price.

Lecce have reportedly spent 12 million Euros this summer. If they really want Ramadani they'll have to cough up the money. Gone are the days of Aberdeen (and Scottish sides) being ripped off. Cormack/Gunn/Burrows have already proven to be shrewd negotiators.

1.4 million Euros and we'll deal. And I suspect we'll have a suitable replacement lined up in the event he is sold.

Possibly another Balkan region target.....

Edited by HarleyQuinn

10 hours ago, DrewDon said:

On the other hand to Ramadani, I think I rate Scales a bit higher than most of our fans. I think we would struggle to source a player more suited to his position and role, on the left of that three, for much less than £700k in today's market, unfortunately. He was the perfect fit for that position in Robson's formation and style. 

Agree with this. Ramadani is a decent Scottish Premiership centre mid, but I really don't think he's anything more than that. I don't get that 'how can we possibly replace him?' feeling I had when Jack/McLean/Shinnie/Ferguson left.

Scales, on the other hand, has a skillset that I think we'd struggle to find elsewhere on our budget. We should be trying really hard to get him back.

Ramadani is a good player and at times last season I thought he was better than Shinnie. His performances against Rangers and Hearts at home were seriously impressive. Selling him wouldn't be the end of the world but I don't agree that he'll be easily replaced. For every Ferguson, McLean and Shinnie that we sign we get a Tansey, Ojo, Forrester, Longstaff and Gleeson type signing that just never get close to being good enough.

Just watched Slobodan Rubezic's interview on RedTV. He goes by the name of Rubi. Seems very level headed and a nice lad.

Really excited to see what he can do. Possibly the most intriguing signing of the summer. Could be key to any success we have this season.

7031_f2yylpvxkaaw5jh_f.jpeg

Edited by HarleyQuinn