The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I think Barron is potentially a significantly better level player than Ramadani. It has been quite strange how things have panned out with him since that spell a couple of years back, but hoping it’s not too late for a win-win situation with the contract to be worked out and for him to be a key player this season.

8 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I think Barron is potentially a significantly better level player than Ramadani. It has been quite strange how things have panned out with him since that spell a couple of years back, but hoping it’s not too late for a win-win situation with the contract to be worked out and for him to be a key player this season.

Different type of player. 
Ramadani is more a “hassler”, similar to Shinnie.

Barron is more like Clarkson, getting on the ball, passing, keeping it ticking over.

Rama should still have been replaced.

As good as Barron has looked recently, I'm still sceptical he's got the consistency. Unfortunately Clarkson seems to be off the boil so no real competition there atm. I'm still very much of the opinion that if there is no reasonable expectation that Barron signs a new deal he shouldn't be playing, even if it is doing the whole "cutting of one's nose..."

Absolutely sick of bringing young players through only to lose them to the fucking English leagues (or worse, them).

I think we probably can play Barron and Clarkson in the same team, but Clarkson would need to play further forward than he was under Robson last season. It was notable that he came on for McGrath rather than Barron on Sunday, and they both finished the game last night too. 

57 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

As good as Barron has looked recently, I'm still sceptical he's got the consistency. Unfortunately Clarkson seems to be off the boil so no real competition there atm. I'm still very much of the opinion that if there is no reasonable expectation that Barron signs a new deal he shouldn't be playing, even if it is doing the whole "cutting of one's nose..."

Absolutely sick of bringing young players through only to lose them to the fucking English leagues (or worse, them).

Totally disagree with you. If he's the best player for the position, which he is just now, he plays. In my mind it's nonsensical to suggest otherwise. 

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think we probably can play Barron and Clarkson in the same team, but Clarkson would need to play further forward than he was under Robson last season. It was notable that he came on for McGrath rather than Barron on Sunday, and they both finished the game last night too. 

If we played a possession based game then having Clarkson and Barron as part of a midfield 3 would be excellent. 

However, that's not Robson's gameplan or his system. 

We're still crying out for another centre mid and a left back, it's so frustrating.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

If we played a possession based game then having Clarkson and Barron as part of a midfield 3 would be excellent. 

However, that's not Robson's gameplan or his system. 

We're still crying out for another centre mid and a left back, it's so frustrating.

We've got three left backs. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Reasonable chance we won’t be seeing him again this year though. 

That's possible, but GTG seemed to be implying that he don't have any good left backs. As well as McGarry, I still feel that Jack McKenzie is a decent player and Jonny Hayes can still cover. A club Aberdeen's size is not going tonuse part of our budget to sign a fourth left back. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You don't rate James McGarry?

I actually forgot about him but he's out injured for a few months. He did look promising tbf. 

I don't think Mackenzie is up to it and as much as I love Hayes, he's a 36 year old converted winger. Fine as a stand in but he shouldn't be a regular starter.

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

I actually forgot about him but he's out injured for a few months. He did look promising tbf. 

I don't think Mackenzie is up to it and as much as I love Hayes, he's a 36 year old converted winger. Fine as a stand in but he shouldn't be a regular starter.

Still don't think Aberdeen are going to sign a fourth left back. 

On 29/09/2023 at 13:57, GTG_03 said:

Certainly wasn't complaining about MacKenzie at 4.40pm this afternoon while wildly celebrating his goal inside Ibrox

45 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here, but Bo'ness United put Darvel out of the Scottish Cup last Saturday, 3.0.

Mick Kennedy  manger now at East kilbride. 

was retweeting having a pop at current Darvel manager a few weeks back