The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He'll get a portion of it but I'd say about 40% at most.

Club will bank some, the banks get part of any fee received as part of the loan settlement and any remainder Derek will maybe get.

I was under the impression that arrangement ran out during the summer.

As good as Hayes is, if we can get £2-3m for him, it's probably the right time to sell. He's only going to go downhill from here I reckon.

8 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

As good as Hayes is, if we can get £2-3m for him, it's probably the right time to sell. He's only going to go downhill from here I reckon.

Nah. Hes fit as a butchers dog and has his best years ahead of him. Next three seasons will be his prime. We need to keep him unless he himself wants to leave. In which case £1.5 m would have to do.

You might be right about the banks, didn't know that If true.

No danger Cardiff are paying 2-3m though!

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

Just no. I'd rather not go the second half of the season without our best player.

see Dundee United.

Of course any link for the player is flattering. However, it is going to take serious money to let him go. For me, it would be talking north of a million. The bid last week was utterly derisory and was rightly rejected.

Aberdeen without Hayes and McGinn gives me the fear. Brutal.

10 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

:lol:

In all seriousness though, if Hayes goes we simply have to bring someone else in that can play the same role. If we try and chance it for the rest of the season without doing so then I think we will really slump down the table. Whatever money we get for the sale has to be reinvested in the squad.

Problem is that is a c**t of a difficult job.  Unless we find a gem (not really our strong point) how much money does it take to replace Jonny's influence?  The thought worries me I must admit.

I think it's becoming clear also that regardless of what happens in this window Mcinnes needs to be finding Hayes/Mcginn replacements now and at least start laying the groundwork for the summer.

I've heard whispers he's off and my gut feeling is that we'll lose him as well tbh :(

We've not got an amazing track record of getting good money for our players so I reckon the Club will sell at anything over £1 million

To me, he's easily worth £2 million but no way we are getting that