The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic and Rangers fans have been pretty open for years that they have accounts with other clubs and buy either home end tickets for games involving their club, or random tickets, so they have "purchase history" if it comes to situations like this.

Theres almost definitely going to be Rangers fans in the Aberdeen end.

Especially when both sets have supporter clubs up here. If the address on the account is an AB postcode.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic and Rangers fans have been pretty open for years that they have accounts with other clubs and buy either home end tickets for games involving their club, or random tickets, so they have "purchase history" if it comes to situations like this.

If that’s the case, they’ll get battered I’m afraid. 
That’s inevitable. 

14 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s mental that they didn’t foresee the issues of just opening up to a general sale with 4 tickets available. At least they have went some way to try and mitigate it, but what a huge cock up.

You’ll be sick if you’re one of those fans sitting without a ticket waiting to find out.

Aye, suspect they underestimated the initial demand - and also got a lot of feedback that last time round they overly-phased the sale based on points threshold, so that families/ busloads etc all struggled to get tickets together.  Fair play to AB for fronting up right away on the error though - albeit no consolation if any regulars miss out.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

For those Dons fans of a certain age, I’m looking at you @Jacksgranda, there is a great 30 minute video on You Tube called “When L A Wolves conquered the USA”. It’s about the 1967 US tournament featuring teams from across the world who represented cities all over the USA during the summer of that year. By its title, and the fact it’s made by Wolves, the video does heavily focus on them. But for anyone old enough, you’ll know that the final was between Wolves and Aberdeen, with Wolves winning 6-5 in overtime after extra time, so there’s a bit focusing on Bobby Clark and Jim Whyte. Couple of wee errors crept in though, with the spelling of Robert Clarke and a caption saying that Dallas were represented by Dundee when it was Dundee United, a forerunner to a Sky obviously. Superb watch.

TNT Sports showed it a couple of times over the past few days, so I recorded that. They presumably will do so again, maybe at 3am on a Tuesday or the likes.

Loved Chalky's description of Turnbull's gameplan in the final.  These Wolves boys didn't like it up 'em clearly.

Could have done with some of that on Sunday - think only Slobba got that particular memo !

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't doubt there will be the odd few - but I think in the scheme of things, this one is a bit of red herring from the media and certain reactionary fans.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

Aye, suspect they underestimated the initial demand - and also got a lot of feedback that last time round they overly-phased the sale based on points threshold, so that families/ busloads etc all struggled to get tickets together.  Fair play to AB for fronting up right away on the error though - albeit no consolation if any regulars miss out.

TNT Sports showed it a couple of times over the past few days, so I recorded that. They presumably will do so again, maybe at 3am on a Tuesday or the likes.

Loved Chalky's description of Turnbull's gameplan in the final.  These Wolves boys didn't like it up 'em clearly.

Could have done with some of that on Sunday - think only Slobba got that particular memo !

The cynic in me suggests it was no error and the club got exactly what they wanted.

There was almost certainly an element of the club wanting to make a point about the viability of future 50/50 splits by hastening high sales, and maybe also wanting to guarantee the 2,500 in the South Upper being held back by the SPFL.

Saying that, it is still a clear mistake not to have had at least a couple more phases before the general sale (100+ and then 40+ even if just for a matter of hours each), and also not to require each ticket to be allocated to an individual Dons ID at least earlier in the process. 

16 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

There was almost certainly an element of the club wanting to make a point about the viability of future 50/50 splits by hastening high sales, and maybe also wanting to guarantee the 2,500 in the South Upper being held back by the SPFL.

Saying that, it is still a clear mistake not to have had at least a couple more phases before the general sale (100+ and then 40+ even if just for a matter of hours each), and also not to require each ticket to be allocated to an individual Dons ID at least earlier in the process. 

Aye.

Two of my daughters season tickets were not enough to get them in the first phase. Had to get on at 5pm to get all 5 tickets. 

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Aye.

Two of my daughters season tickets were not enough to get them in the first phase. Had to get on at 5pm to get all 5 tickets. 

Yes, this was the dilemma for a lot of us.  If I'd gone on at 5pm and not got I'd be annoyed.  Saying that, there seems to be more than a few folk claiming they were going to wait til today, or didn't even know they went on sale at 5pm.  Can't hold the club responsible for that.  Our regular gate is 20% up on a few years ago, so it wasn't a huge surprise than our demand is higher than the 19,000 that attended finals in 2016 and 17.

There definitely should have been a middle stage for current ST holders etc.

I was eligible in phase 1 but work and initially forgetting stopped me but once it’s 5pm I’m doing nursery pick up and getting my daughter sorted so felt a kick in the balls that by half 6-7 it was sold out. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m to blame for not doing it when the priority was available but feels like they could have given folk a bit longer who were eligible or had more phasing as has been said. 

They definitely wanted to have a rapid sellout on their hands for PR reasons and they’ve shot their load with the general sale. It is what it is, hopefully they learn and move on. 

Given what’s come out I doubt that many if any regulars will miss out that want one. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Oh no!

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yip.

A GIRFUY to that clueless weasel Doncaster.

I don't think it seems like anything that calculated. They just made a c**t of it.

All of our clubs are essentially small businesses with small numbers of staff, and the low quality of person working for them is seen again and again.

They've just made an arse of it. I don't think it's some calculated plan to potentially shaft fans and open the door to Rangers fans just to make some point to Doncaster.

Anyone with half a brain would look at this and see the need for a staggered points threshold, and the added safety net of no new accounts being able to buy, and a minimum points total that ruled out anyone who had only attended Rangers games at Pittodrie in the last two years. Hearts have started applying the last measure even to home league games against the OF. To qualify to buy a ticket, you need more points than you'd get from only attending those games. You'll never completely be water-tight, but you can get pretty close.

There's ages till the game, but they've just not thought it through. Stupid, basically. As I mentioned yesterday, the diddies in the Hearts ticket office similarly shafted some of our fans in 2022 by binning the points system for the final and allowing for incredible queue-jumping from part-timers who had happened to go to the semi-final.

The folk doing these jobs are not geniuses.

Edited by VincentGuerin