The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No idea if this guys reliable or not but a few clubs competing for a not particularly in form Duk at that price upwards doesn’t sound too bad to me.

Sad see him go as he’s definitely became a cult hero and he’s my sons favorite player.

Take the money now as know way getting close to that in the summer or will have him run down his contract and go for nothing 

17 minutes ago, Jute said:

Evening Express claiming no bid been made. 

Probably means he will be away by Monday. 

Yeah I’m sure they said the same about Ramadani too and he was off pretty quickly afterwards.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

No idea if this guys reliable or not but a few clubs competing for a not particularly in form Duk at that price upwards doesn’t sound too bad to me.

My son got the home shirt with Duk on the back for Christmas 🤣

He thought it would be a safer bet than Miovski.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

My son got the home shirt with Duk on the back for Christmas 🤣

He thought it would be a safer bet than Miovski.

In a fit of early-season enthusiasm in 2010/11, I got 'FOLLY 4' printed on the back of my home jersey after our opening two victories. We all make bad decisions and misjudgements in adolescence, but I challenge anybody to top that one. 

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

In a fit of early-season enthusiasm in 2010/11, I got 'FOLLY 4' printed on the back of my home jersey after our opening two victories. We all make bad decisions and misjudgements in adolescence, but I challenge anybody to top that one. 

I'm still burned by my 'Hignett 7' experience tbh.

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'm still burned by my 'Hignett 7' experience tbh.

Dow 12 was a cracker for me. Think we had half a dozen season ticket holders at the age of 16/17 that season.  

Solberg 5

Jess 8

Winters 9

Stavrum 10

Dow 12

Bernard 14

Yeah, not a vintage year. 

6 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

£3m for Duk is an absolute no brainer if true. The only thing that would be a huge worry would be if someone offered silly money (£8m+) for Bojan in the same window. 

I'd roll the dice on Duk and see if he can get back to his form of last season. 

He's not been helped by the style of football. He was unplayable the fifteen minutes he was on the left of a 3 against Livi.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'd roll the dice on Duk and see if he can get back to his form of last season. 

He's not been helped by the style of football. He was unplayable the fifteen minutes he was on the left of a 3 against Livi.

This. I’ve not given up on him yet. 

The Daily record is reporting we've turned down a 2.5 million bid for Duk. The club recognize his value.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/25million-duk-bid-rejected-aberdeen-31810182

Just for some perspective, Duk has contributed to 12 goals/assists this season. Second only to Miovski (whose on 19 goals/assists). Like Clarkson, Duk has suffered this season from Robson's style of play however he's still very much contributing.

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Daily record is reporting we've turned down a 2.5 million bid for Duk. The club recognize his value.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/25million-duk-bid-rejected-aberdeen-31810182

Just for some perspective, Duk has contributed to 12 goals/assists this season. Second only to Miovski (whose on 19 goals/assists). Like Clarkson, Duk has suffered this season from Robson's style of play however he's still very much contributing.

Not sure Robsons style of play can always be blamed for Duk’s performances this season. Several times he’s barely looked interested and he often looks more interested in throwing himself to the ground in hope of getting a free kick (which he rarely does) than actually beating his man.

Edited by Rodhull

Very torn if the Duk story is legit. Love him to bits, but he has not been anywhere near his best. It could be that he continues to be mediocre for the rest of the season and his value drops. Or he could have the same second half of the season as last and he propels us up the league and his value goes up. If there is a decision to be made it's a difficult one.

On 04/01/2024 at 22:55, DrewDon said:

“The fool who persists in his Folly will become wise”