The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

13 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Nice to win the league title at Rangers. Would love that with the first team 🤣

Don’t say that, just don’t.

On 09/05/2024 at 12:53, Moorie said:

Like most have a feeling him playing well is last shot to get him in the shop window for a decent move. No doubt he’ll have a a lot of interest. Hoping he makes the correct move for his career. Definitely someone who can go far in the game 

Are you implying that Aberdeen are forcing Connor to play well?

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Are you implying that Aberdeen are forcing Connor to play well?

Opposite playing himself into a move. 

9 hours ago, Moorie said:

Opposite playing himself into a move. 

Everyone has known he was leaving since at least the start of this season. Why would he only be trying to get a move in the past few months. The problem earlier in the season was that he wasn't being used.

The tales in Peter Leven's press conference were quite funny, especially the fan coming into to his hospital room to speak to him when he was trying to make a sub.

However, should somebody not have had a word and told him to recuperate once he'd picked the team?  It was a fairly urgent procedure (the op not the sub).

We were denied having a ‘sunburst’ design tifo when we played Inverness in the league cup final as it apparently had IRA connotations. 

Perfectly fine for Celtic vs Rangers today though 😅

A couple of reflections on today's game. Richard Gordon said that he thinks that Fletcher Boyd is the youngest player to score in a competitive game for Aberdeen, can anyone confirm that? And secondly, if Aberdeen had been given the second penalty that we were due in the 2-2 draw at St Mirren, we’d have more points than them now. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

A couple of reflections on today's game. Richard Gordon said that he thinks that Fletcher Boyd is the youngest player to score in a competitive game for Aberdeen, can anyone confirm that? And secondly, if Aberdeen had been given the second penalty that we were due in the 2-2 draw at St Mirren, we’d have more points than them now. 

I mentioned it once but i , think i got away with it - Basil Fawlty WAR ...

Whatever we need to do to persuade Junior Hoillet to sign for us for another season, I just hope we do it. He’s been magnificent over the past couple of months. Thanks Colin.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

And secondly, if Aberdeen had been given the second penalty that we were due in the 2-2 draw at St Mirren, we’d have more points than them now. 

Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

A couple of reflections on today's game. Richard Gordon said that he thinks that Fletcher Boyd is the youngest player to score in a competitive game for Aberdeen, can anyone confirm that?

Yes, think I saw on Twitter that Dean Campbell is youngest to get a start but Fletcher Boyd youngest to Score, replacing Fyvie. 

The st Mirren lads will struggle to cope if we finish a moral 5th. Their greatest ever side too. 

I stayed to the bitter end of the 6-0 and went to the defeat at Easter Road earlier this season, but elected not to go today. That’s what I deserve.

Just watching on Sportscene now. I’m not going full Polvarasexual just yet, but that’s a lovely finish and it’s nice to see him beginning to use his physicality a bit more.

Boyd looked like he just couldn’t believe what had happened, although maybe he was just dazed at full-time as a result of Duk trying out his wrestling moves in the celebration. 

Met John McMaster today. Was at a Highland Games in Gourock and knew he was the Chieftain. Tried to hunt him down but to no avail. Anyway, stopped at Morrisons in Greenock on the way out and here he was in full kilt regalia away in to do his shopping. Was more than happy to stop for a blether about the Dons and the fact they pumped the Hibees today. Some boy.  🏆 

IMG_9301.jpeg

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Met John McMaster today. Was at a Highland Games in Gourock and knew he was the Chieftain. Tried to hunt him down but to no avail. Anyway, stopped at Morrisons in Greenock on the way out and here he was in full kilt regalia away in to do his shopping. Was more than happy to stop for a blether about the Dons and the fact they pumped the Hibees today. Some boy.  🏆 

IMG_9301.jpeg

Nice T-shirt min.  Have the same one.

So in recent years ive met McMaster at Morrison's, Gordon Strachan in M&S (Dundee), im sure I saw WIllie Miller in Asda carpark a few months back.

Wonder who will be next.  Simmie in Sainsbury's? Hewitt in Home Bargains? Black and Mcghee in B&M?

Exciting times.