The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

They’ve not lost a European Cup Final since 1981.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They've lost 3 finals in European competition since then.

Fairly whooshed there @RandomGuy. - they've not lost a European Cup/Champions League final is clearly what is meant.

Essentially no one has beaten Real Madrid in the final of a knockout European competition since Aberdeen. Lost 3 Super Cups as pointed out.

Does anyone know where the balance of power for making signings is within the club right now? Does Thelin have the final sign off on transfers or is he purely here to coach? 

It feels like our signing policy and manager recruitment hasn't been aligned in recent years. Not necessarily a bad thing but compared to our more successful McInnes era where he had what felt like a lot of control it's been a regression. A move towards the manager having more say in his squad would be welcome. I would like to add that I wouldn't trust our recent managers to have necessarily got it right.

On 31/05/2024 at 17:11, Rodhull said:

When is it the new manager takes over officially? Is it from tomorrow? Plenty of time for us to be linked with any and all kinds of Scandinavian players that may or may not have the slimmest links to him.

Scott Burns likes this suggestion 

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

£500k plus add one for Robby McCrorie?

This has another long, drawn out pursuit like Liam Scales written all over it.

I doubt it tbh. Scales was worth pursuing IMO, McCrorie isn't.

I think he's about to discover that "3rd choice Rangers goalkeeper" isn't quite the CV he thought it was, and he'll end up at some League Two side like Fleetwood Town. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt it tbh. Scales was worth pursuing IMO, McCrorie isn't.

I think he's about to discover that "3rd choice Rangers goalkeeper" isn't quite the CV he thought it was, and he'll end up at some League Two side like Fleetwood Town. 

We'll see.

Read on Twitter that it's coincidentally the same amount of compensation we can demand for Barron.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

We'll see.

Read on Twitter that it's coincidentally the same amount of compensation we can demand for Barron.

It's also more than Mitovs rumoured release clause. 

I think of all the Scottish clubs to go for McCrorie at £500k, Hibs are most likely to fall for it.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

We're going for Mitov. 

90% of the division are.

30 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Scenes when he signs at Celtic to be third choice.

Him amd Siegrist competing for the best seat in the stands.

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

£500k for mccrorie would be absolutely mental. Mental. 

I doubt Thelin has even heard of McCrorie

I think he’ll try and get Hakon Valdimarrson from Brentford, the keeper he sold to Brentford from Elfsborg.