The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

My new favourite thing may be our fans thinking McKenna is attainable.

Saying that, some opposition fans thought he had no chance of Thelin.

I saw some saying similar about Stuart Armstrong when he's being linked to the likes of Fulham and Fiorentina. Have to hope they're joking as otherwise what planet are they on?

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I saw some saying similar about Stuart Armstrong when he's being linked to the likes of Fulham and Fiorentina. Have to hope they're joking as otherwise what planet are they on?

Aye, but neither of those clubs were the last to beat Real Madrid in a Final of a European wide cup competition that has more than one round.

That'll be a draw.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

It's like Celtic fans thinking Tierney will be going back to Celtic. Fanciful.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's like Celtic fans thinking Tierney will be going back to Celtic. Fanciful.

Considering his issues with homesickness, how badly he was treated as a person at Arsenal by the end, and his injury issues, he genuinely might return tbf.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering his issues with homesickness, how badly he was treated as a person at Arsenal by the end, and his injury issues, he genuinely might return tbf.

Isn't the bitterness at Arsenal and Arteta a bit overstated?

Spoiler

There are no hard feelings or spite from me. I understand the decision of the manager to change me from No 1 to No 2. It’s football. It never happened in a personal way. It was tactical.

Kieran Tierney

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5435445/2024/05/10/kieran-tierney-interview-arsenal-sociedad/

The homesickness thing too. I mean he didn't just leave London, he went to Spain - was he homesick there? I thought he loves it there. I dunno maybe injuries is something that could see him go back to Celtic for, but it wouldn't necessarily we the best decision from Celtic if they were to go ahead with that.

Edited by 2426255

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but neither of those clubs were the last to beat Real Madrid in a Final of a European wide cup competition that has more than one round.

That'll be a draw.

That's a few times you've tried this one now. St Mirren levels of chat.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll be a draw.

You’re better than this. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

That'll be a draw.

Can you at least aim this sort of low level trolling crap at the people making posts about Real Madrid etc? 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

The homesickness thing too. I mean he didn't just leave London, he went to Spain - was he homesick there

From the impression built during hazy memories of the trip to Sociedad in 2014, living in San Sebastian and being homesick for west central Scotland is like climbing over Margot Robbie to get to Jackie Baillie.

Edited by tarapoa

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Can you at least aim this sort of low level trolling crap at the people making posts about Real Madrid etc? 

Mainly aimed at me for posting a factual account of what has happened to Real Madrid since 1983. It was about 5 days ago, but it’s obviously bitten deep into his psyche.

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

Johnny Hayes was an outstanding player for us. His first spell was truly magical, solidifying him as the best player at the club during that era. That team was exceptional and deserved to win more trophies than it did.

That rare and beautiful thing - a player that OF defenders were clearly genuinely frightened of.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

From the impression built during hazy memories of the trip to Sociedad in 2014, living in San Sebastian and being homesick for west central Scotland is like climbing over Margot Robbie to get to Jackie Baillie.

Ffs @tarapoa, just spat my juice over my phone at that comparison, absolutely brilliant. Shame I can't multiple greeny that post.

6 hours ago, betting competition said:

Johnny Hayes was an outstanding player for us. His first spell was truly magical, solidifying him as the best player at the club during that era. That team was exceptional and deserved to win more trophies than it did.

Tbh, that team was so good that you could argue who was the best with about five options and all having a fair argument.

23 hours ago, betting competition said:

From 2015-2017 was when we really peaked. As you say it’s criminal how we didn’t win a few extra trophies with that bunch and the state of Scottish football at the time. 
Always feel if Russell Anderson was just a few years younger him in the defence with that team 🤤