The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 19/07/2024 at 11:55, DukDukGoose said:

Good news, although he's been a terrific servant.

Not sure why you think it’s good news. Am I missing something about Simmie?

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Morris scores.   You shouldn’t get carried away, but we’re winning every fucking thing this season.

It was wonderful football from him, believe it or not.

56 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure why you think it’s good news. Am I missing something about Simmie?

Well known that he's always been over promoted within the club. Was head of youth department at one point and couldn't pass his badges.

If we want to progress as a club then we can't have jobs for the boys.

7 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Well known that he's always been over promoted within the club. Was head of youth department at one point and couldn't pass his badges.

If we want to progress as a club then we can't have jobs for the boys.

He won us everything give me the best times my life . Couldn’t give a shit about coaching badges . Job for life for simmie all good with me .

As for jobs life . Should be more pissed aff Aberdeen Fc was used as pension top up for ex coppers .. many down the year Morgen and few others and even Jim Fraser . Sneaking there way in . Hopefully that’s stopping now .  Simmie ?  let him do what he wants .

1 hour ago, logie skid boys said:

He won us everything give me the best times my life . Couldn’t give a shit about coaching badges . Job for life for simmie all good with me .

As for jobs life . Should be more pissed aff Aberdeen Fc was used as pension top up for ex coppers .. many down the year Morgen and few others and even Jim Fraser . Sneaking there way in . Hopefully that’s stopping now .  Simmie ?  let him do what he wants .

You must be a boomer?

Happy to f**k up the younger generations chance of great memories because you got some.

Incredible selfishness.

2 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

You have folk like Jim Fraser in prominent positions because of Simmie 😂

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You must be a boomer?

Happy to f**k up the younger generations chance of great memories because you got some.

Incredible selfishness.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You must be a boomer?

Incredible selfishness.

Here he is popping up like a demented meercat… 

Simmie was hounded out football and treated like shit . We as fans wanted him back in the club and we got him . And him being figure head of our club was f**k you to the people who wanted him out game .,so any fan says it’s good news see back him . Needs to look back see what happened . Coaching badges or not Simmie being there was one best things club done .  

15 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Here he is popping up like a demented meercat… 

Simmie was hounded out football and treated like shit . We as fans wanted him back in the club and we got him . And him being figure head of our club was f**k you to the people who wanted him out game .,so any fan says it’s good news see back him . Needs to look back see what happened . Coaching badges or not Simmie being there was one best things club done .  

Yeah, you could do all that without giving him any actual power at the club to f**k up m8, we do it with Roddy Grant being a "board member".

Passing exams isn't always a great indicator of how good someone is at their job. I don't work in football but we've had plenty doughnuts passing exams but being useless and a few failing but going on to be good at the job anyway. 

There's got to be some value of having a role model (a local boy with European winners medals) involved with and visible to the academy. I'm sure the likes of Ian Cathro (other laptops are available) could explain better how to play as a false nine but how much can a techy coach actually inspire kids to believe they can win stuff? 

Maybe Simmy has been holding back our development maybe not, but there's more to developing people than badges.  

What st Johnstone do with something called a Roddy grant seems irrelevant. 

I wonder if Simmy was told his services were no longer required as a result of the 3rd party business review and out of respect they've dressed it up as he's moving on for something bigger and better?

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Passing exams isn't always a great indicator of how good someone is at their job. I don't work in football but we've had plenty doughnuts passing exams but being useless and a few failing but going on to be good at the job anyway. 

There's got to be some value of having a role model (a local boy with European winners medals) involved with and visible to the academy. I'm sure the likes of Ian Cathro (other laptops are available) could explain better how to play as a false nine but how much can a techy coach actually inspire kids to believe they can win stuff? 

Maybe Simmy has been holding back our development maybe not, but there's more to developing people than badges.  

What st Johnstone do with something called a Roddy grant seems irrelevant. 

I think the lack of first team players coming through (despite us being average at best for much of that time) us the greatest indicator.

There's a reason someone goes from running the show to watching the boys on loan but that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Illgresi said:

I wonder if Simmy was told his services were no longer required as a result of the 3rd party business review and out of respect they've dressed it up as he's moving on for something bigger and better?

Possibly but I think he does genuinely just want to watch his loon play.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

I think the lack of first team players coming through (despite us being average at best for much of that time) us the greatest indicator.

There's a reason someone goes from running the show to watching the boys on loan but that's just my opinion.

Possibly but I think he does genuinely just want to watch his loon play.

Sorry, I missed that part. Where is he going and what is he doing?

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

Sorry, I missed that part. Where is he going and what is he doing?

No idea. He says in his new role he will still be watching home games so I assume he'll be a match day ambassador or something.

When the club announced the departure, they said he wants to watch more of his sons games.

Article i saw had quotes saying he was changing career and going to work for Ram Tubular. Although Dave's quote suggested something to do with Locos. 

Maybe both. 

"He told the P&J: “I’ve been thinking about a new career direction for a while and the chance has come with (north-east company) Ram Tubulars.

“Their managing director Jim Stewart is passionate about sport, he backs Aberdeen FC and the Russell Anderson Foundation and I’m looking forward to working with him."

Then Dave:

“It’s understandable that, after such a long spell with the club, he’s looking for a different challenge so that he can spend more time with his family and watch his son Kyle play for Inverurie Locos.

“Their gain will very much be our loss. We’re pleased, however, that he’ll remain in touch with a frequent presence at Pittodrie for many years to come.”

Edited by coprolite
Quotes