The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Reports in the rags this morning saying Sellik want Maloney as a coach.

He was at Celtic Park today apparently. 

He won't be coming to Aberdeen. 

Next.

No apparently about it. He was at parkhead.

I guess its gonna be a toss up for him of does he think he can still play and does he want to still play versus letting the opportunity of u20s celtic manager pass not knowing when an opportunity like that would come up again.

The good thing obviously if it falls through is plenty budget spared to spend elsewhere. I'd still prefer to get him though

It seems Derek's personal message to the fans has worked, both my parents (Gothenburg veterans, but occasional visitors these days) have purchased B+G season tickets for the coming season. What's the deal with using others' season tickets? I can see me being able to sneak along for free whenever one or the other can't make it :thumsup2

24 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

It seems Derek's personal message to the fans has worked, both my parents (Gothenburg veterans, but occasional visitors these days) have purchased B+G season tickets for the coming season. What's the deal with using others' season tickets? I can see me being able to sneak along for free whenever one or the other can't make it :thumsup2

Yeah, my cousin does it a lot.

26 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

At the start of the window the Maloney rumour made sense but with the signings we've subsequently made I'm not sure there is any need for him.

If Christie, Stewart or GMS are out injured we are a bit stretched.

If we can get Maloney fit he'd still be a useful player and not convinced there is a direct correlation to spending more elsewhere i.e. were not gonna pay a striker £6k/week just cos we aint paying SM. Life is no like that

Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, d31 said:

If Christie, Stewart or GMS are out injured we are a bit stretched.

If we can get Maloney fit he'd still be a useful player and not convinced there is a direct correlation to spending more elsewhere i.e. were not gonna pay a striker £6k/week just cos we aint paying SM. Life is no like that

I would say that getting a striker in is more important than offering a heap of cash to a 34 year old with a history of injuries. 

I still expect us to up the ante and go all out (to a certain level) for Louis Moult in the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I would say that getting a striker in is more important than offering a heap of cash to a 34 year old with a history of injuries. 

I still expect us to up the ante and go all out (to a certain level) for Louis Moult in the next couple of weeks.

Not feeling the urge that everyone else has to spunk £600k upwards on Lewis Moult tbh

5 hours ago, red23 said:

Not feeling the urge that everyone else has to spunk £600k upwards on Lewis Moult tbh

I fully agree. It's about time we act like the c***s we are. Let's pull out all the O*d F**m tricks and unsettle the boy. A player that hasn't signed a new deal is worth a hell of a lot more than a player in open rebellion.

We'll offer them £200k plus a small sell on fee, they'll crumble as they won't want to be seen as a club that doesn't allow their players to progress. There'll be numerous lost heads, but as far as I'm concerned, it's pay back for 2014.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Illgresi said:

I fully agree. It's about time we act like the c***s we are. Let's pull out all the O*d F**m tricks and unsettle the boy. A player that hasn't signed a new deal is worth a hell of a lot more than a player in open rebellion.

We'll offer them £200k plus a small sell on fee, they'll crumble as they won't want to be seen as a club that doesn't allow their players to progress. There'll be numerous lost heads, but as far as I'm concerned, it's pay back for 2014.

:P

He's already been in the papers saying that he hopes Motherwell don't stand in the way of him moving on.

I read that as him saying, 'how much are they houses in Westhill ?'

7 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

"Derek McInnes is considering offering a contract to former SPL star and current free agent Gregory Tade, although this could be dependant on Louis Moult not joining the North East club". 

I wonder what their definition of a "star" is.
I'd be ok with Moult providing we don't go mental and overpay for him.

I'd be ok with Tade provided we don't go mental and pay him anything at all.

"Derek McInnes is considering offering a contract to former SPL star and current free agent Gregory Tade, although this could be dependant on Louis Moult not joining the North East club". 

Where is this coming from?

As it's surely utter nonsense.