The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

With   the stockley  transfer last week ...  it shows that type player will appeal to a  half decent championship  team..    Cosgrove  has more about him than Stockley   and if keeps showing what he has then it wont be surrpise that we will make some decent money off him .. that is reason we have give him long contract .     

Almost as glorious as Ibrox three months later when Logan and Rooney trooped off the pitch at full time 🤭

5-2 aggregate win, Aberdeen victorious in the “Semi-Finals v St Johnstone 2014 Cup”!!

May it go down in history and forever be brought up on an Aberdeen thread when not really talking about St Johnstone or really having a dig at anyone.

🤭

5-2 aggregate win, Aberdeen victorious in the “Semi-Finals v St Johnstone 2014 Cup”!!

May it go down in history and forever be brought up on an Aberdeen thread when not really talking about St Johnstone or really having a dig at anyone.

🤭
I know was just messing. Was a devastating performance that day from the Dons and we had no answers to the power and pace.
4 going on 10.
Glad that you no longer play like that !!

I guess it depends on Shinnie or McKenna leaving as well as getting others off the wage bill for better news....

I was told tonight from senior figure at AFC we are actively pursuing 2 signings in this window.

“Hopeful of” was the message I was given.

Wouldn’t get excited folks, didn’t sound promising.

Focus given to Hoban being back from injury in the press and the sudden re-appearance of Gleeson and Forrester to the squad tell its own story.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 hours ago, G-MAN said:

I guess it depends on Shinnie or McKenna leaving as well as getting others off the wage bill for better news....

I was told tonight from senior figure at AFC we are actively pursuing 2 signings in this window.

“Hopeful of” was the message I was given.

Wouldn’t get excited folks, didn’t sound promising.

Focus given to Hoban being back from injury in the press and the sudden re-appearance of Gleeson and Forrester to the squad tell its own story.

There's a kind of understandable nervousness that football fans get around this time.....'why isn't our team signing anyone ? Aaaaaaah'.

Perspective is required. Aberdeen are 3 points off the top of the league, having had (up until a month ago) a misfiring forward line, and having had a fair amount of injuries to important players.

From McInnes's point of view, he's looking at Devlin and GMS  (and Reynolds) coming back into contention, and hopefully Hoban back to give us more pace at left-back.  Most of us agree that Gleeson has the potential to add something to the side, so that only leaves Forrester to either sink or swim.

If we were to bring in 2 new signings.....probably a full-back and an attacking midfielder....then we're quite nicely set up for the rest of the season. Even with half a side, there are no teams in the league outside Celtic that we can't get the better of.

I'd much rather have McInnes's calm and measure approach to new signings than Neil Lennon's panicked, scattergun nonsense....for instance.

17 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

There's a kind of understandable nervousness that football fans get around this time.....'why isn't our team signing anyone ? Aaaaaaah'.

Perspective is required. Aberdeen are 3 points off the top of the league, having had (up until a month ago) a misfiring forward line, and having had a fair amount of injuries to important players.

From McInnes's point of view, he's looking at Devlin and GMS  (and Reynolds) coming back into contention, and hopefully Hoban back to give us more pace at left-back.  Most of us agree that Gleeson has the potential to add something to the side, so that only leaves Forrester to either sink or swim.

If we were to bring in 2 new signings.....probably a full-back and an attacking midfielder....then we're quite nicely set up for the rest of the season. Even with half a side, there are no teams in the league outside Celtic that we can't get the better of.

I'd much rather have McInnes's calm and measure approach to new signings than Neil Lennon's panicked, scattergun nonsense....for instance.

Good post

10 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Journalist on twitter yesterday saying Stoke expected to sack manager and DM in line for job.

Today - Stoke have sacked their manager.

DM second favourite.

Who has him as second? Most of the ones I've seen have him between 4th and 6th.

Can see him being up for it but would still think he'd only be a fallback candidate depending on what the likes of Moyes said.

He was 8/1 behind Moyes this morning before the official announcement based on yesterday’s rumour.

Just checked and he’s out to 12/1 3rd with Hills behind Allardyce.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

He was 8/1 behind Moyes this morning before the official announcement based on yesterday’s rumour.

Just checked and he’s out to 4th in the betting.

Must have been a few bets placed on Martin O’Neill recently.

The odds for a next manager market don't really mean much though.

Dear Fellow Reds.

A mate of mine (ManUre fan) has asked if Eric Black did really say 'I just thought that was how it was - you turned up, played a game, got shouted at a bit and won a trophy every year!'

I told him there was a video of him saying it, but for the life of me I can't remember where/which video it is.

Any help gratefully received.

Yours, living in the 80's!

aDONis

P.S.  I hate to say it, Stoke have a good squad of players, but have been bang average.  If they were to offer wheelbarrows of cash, I think McInnes could do a job and might be interested. :(

Just now, The_Judge said:

These guys have got real money.

Sounds like knicker wetting to me tbh.

He's been offered supposed real money before and turned it down. If he thinks it's the wrong move, he'll stay where he is, like he has before.

That said, I don't even expect Stoke to go for him.