The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

Christ this thread took a wrong turn over the weekend.

Not sure I get the apparent animosity directed towards us by a section of the Killie support.

To be honest, Kilmarnock are a club I've always respected, particulaily their support who have chosen to not take the path of least resistance in terms of Scottish football.

Maybe we should have a Keith Wyness type hug at next season's first match to right all the ills ;)

Probably a combination of the battle for 3rd last season, Greg Stewart leaving us in January, and the fact that we have had some kind of curse over us for the past 7ish years that means we cannot beat you at Rugby Pugby.

That said I feel no ill will to Aberdeen fans. #supportyerlocal

early 90s was another great Dutch trip for games ..

I remember this well, due to the excitement of just having subscribed to Aberdeen Cable and four channels becoming 32.

Madonna (Vogue), Happy Mondays (Step On) and Deee-Lite were never off MTV.

But Channel 9, Screensport, was this random sports channel that would show all sorts, and took the Enschede tournament in the summer of 1990.

I’ve never been one for friendlies, but watching our slick team of the time in their JVC strips overcoming Dortmund, Bilbao and the hosts to lift some silverware was rather enjoyable.

If you add in those Energy Cities cups then we have an impressive haul beyond these shores.

17 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I'd fucking take Cattermole at the Dons. Absolutely no rumours of it, but just so yous all know. 

Aberdeen to sign Cattermole and immediately send us Bryson on loan please.

#BroTher4ood

agreed - not sure the cattermole release is good news for dons fans wanting mcgeouch

we'll find out either way tomorrow as Sunderland are back for pre season - I'm sure if he was heading to aberdeen/hibs/other it would be in no ones interests for him to start pre season at sunderland

edir to say .... if he is heading somewhere imminently 

Edited by d31

5 hours ago, d31 said:

@logie skid boys was it your good self that said we wouldn't sign Bryson and we wouldn't make him captain. Not long till we'll be finding out one way or the other

morning the Tord man. i said we won’t make him captain and we shouldn’t . 😉.   are you ready to pounce .     regards the mcnulty rumour and i think it will stay that way .  . it’s no for me .  We need bit pace and a lad  that has that tricks around the box .  wilson might have scored less but he’s worth taking a chance and we could potentially make decent money of him.  Mcnulty from what i’ve seen can be easily marked out a game .  rather we give Anderson  chance before him..  

21 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

This must be the first transfer window in living memory where we’ve not been linked with Ryan Gauld.

It’s been nice.

You can thank the institution of beautiful, romantic and poetic football, Hibernian FC, for making him look like an absolute diddy.

3 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

morning the Tord man. i said we won’t make him captain and we shouldn’t . 😉.   are you ready to pounce .     regards the mcnulty rumour and i think it will stay that way .  . it’s no for me .  We need bit pace and a lad  that has that tricks around the box .  wilson might have scored less but he’s worth taking a chance and we could potentially make decent money of him.  Mcnulty from what i’ve seen can be easily marked out a game .  rather we give Anderson  chance before him..  

just checking it was only the captaincy you were questioning and not whether the signing would happen.

I dont anything about the captaincy its just me speculating having heard how hard the club pushed to get him etc given he had a good few offers on table

McNulty’s a decent player, but he’s exactly the wrong type of striker for us at the moment. If we get another striker in, they need to have pace in behind, offer something different. McNulty reminds me of Scott Vernon. Decent at most things but not outstanding in any aspect of his play.