The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Heard so many conflicting reports on McGeough

Me too - heard earlier that Sunderland were keener than the player to make it happen.

Then that there was a fair chance it would.

Latest is it isn’t happening, but we have bid money for a midfielder currently based in England.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Can’t work out if everyone here is at the wind up saying Wilson is a great signing?

We’ve cornered the market in strikers who don’t score goals.

People tend to forget that if he was prolific/ the finished article he'd still be at Man Utd.

He's 23 (which myself included tend to forget)with his best years in front of him, has undoubted talent that if can be harnessed will no doubt benefit our squad.

What's not to like? 

827729011_giphy(16).gif.25025f33664c6c6bf52bf07ae4521236.gif

3 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

People tend to forget that if he was prolific/ the finished article he'd still be at Man Utd.

He's 23 (which myself included tend to forget)with his best years in front of him, has undoubted talent that if can be harnessed will no doubt benefit our squad.

What's not to like? 

827729011_giphy(16).gif.25025f33664c6c6bf52bf07ae4521236.gif

I just hope he's on performance-related wages. 

Right who was up in the Bloo Toon tonight then? Gies the lowdown!
Thought Gallagher looked a real handful, Campbell looked comfortable in the team, Taylor showed us why he is both a good and bad signing, Hedges was very involved but seemed a few better touches away from making a real impact, Wright looked good in places and Cosgrove is still a stick on for Ballon D'Or.
Thats what I saw anyway...

Stevie May has been told he is free to find another club. We're willing to write off the remaining two years of his contract and he's expected to end up back in Perth.  

Genuinely sad to see him leave, McInnes has done him no favours. Coming back from those injuries was always going to be a tough task, but for him to then come here and be played in pretty much every other role than the one he was most successful in - up top with a striker who creates space for him - is extremely frustrating.

Whilst he didn't get as many goals as we'd all have hoped, absolutely nobody can doubt his workrate. He gives 110% every week, would've loved to have seen him given a proper run in his natural position. If he can regain his confidence, he'd be an asset to any team in this league (bar the ****).

39 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

As long as he gives 110% tho right?

Wilson has just become our highest paid player. I thought he looked slow and disinterested for a fair bit of last season with occasional moments of brilliance. There were several games last season that he spent the majority of his time on the pitch walking about with no apparent desire to get involved in the play. He has taken a massive wage drop to come here but his bonuses will be significant and I hope we see the Wilson we saw against Hamilton and Livingston to justify the money.

Folk are too blinded by May's lack of goals that they fail to see his contribution to the team. Again, he's barely had a chance in his proper position and for that I think he's been hard done by. I can't think of an occasion where he has given less than 100%. Goals or not, he leaves everything on the pitch.

The thought of May going to either of the Edinburgh teams is a frightening one, but i've been told his move back to Perth is imminent.

Wilson has just become our highest paid player. I thought he looked slow and disinterested for a fair bit of last season with occasional moments of brilliance. There were several games last season that he spent the majority of his time on the pitch walking about with no apparent desire to get involved in the play. He has taken a massive wage drop to come here but his bonuses will be significant and I hope we see the Wilson we saw against Hamilton and Livingston to justify the money.
Folk are too blinded by May's lack of goals that they fail to see his contribution to the team. Again, he's barely had a chance in his proper position and for that I think he's been hard done by. I can't think of an occasion where he has given less than 100%. Goals or not, he leaves everything on the pitch.
The thought of May going to either of the Edinburgh teams is a frightening one, but i've been told his move back to Perth is imminent.

I’ve been a big defender of stevie may as he does give 100% and contributes plenty outside of goals etc.

However, he simply isn’t doing what he was brought here, and being well remunerated for, to do. There are a lot of strikers out there who will give 100%, disrupt back 4’s, link play and do a job (hiya Curtis) for a fraction of the cost. You pay the premium we’re paying for may for goals.

Wilson is a gamble without a doubt but it’s one I’m quite excited about.

2 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

That   payer that found that bit space inside the box and who would skip past players and react quick to loose balls is long gone.. and more importantly   that would hit the back of the next with decent chances.   Lets stop this   he did not get chance  in his position,       he had more than enough.     the May of St Jonhnstone is not the same player    the injury he had has taken that away from him.   His time here has not been a dissater as he has in   big games helped us to important wins with his workrate . but we never brought him here for that . Mcinnes took a gamble and thought the Stevie May of old was going to click again ,   it never happened and it was not through lack effort ..     i  wish him well if he goes likable lad but its time to move on . i dont think much dons fans will think its frightening prospect  him going to an edinburgh club.. some might drive him down .

Edited by logie skid boys

I dont think you need to be ITK to figure out a few of the first squad will be available/loan including May

I don't believe for one second that we've signed Wilson on to a contract as the highest paid player

7 hours ago, TheDon99 said:

Thought Gallagher looked a real handful, Campbell looked comfortable in the team, Taylor showed us why he is both a good and bad signing, Hedges was very involved but seemed a few better touches away from making a real impact, Wright looked good in places and Cosgrove is still a stick on for Ballon D'Or.
Thats what I saw anyway...

I thought Gallagher looked the best out of the new players - be interesting to see if he do that well against better players. I noticed a few comments on social media how good Hedges was he never really did anything amazing although played centre midfield/number 10 role and then moved out wide for the 2nd half.  

Edited by betting competition

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve been a big defender of stevie may as he does give 100% and contributes plenty outside of goals etc.

However, he simply isn’t doing what he was brought here, and being well remunerated for, to do. There are a lot of strikers out there who will give 100%, disrupt back 4’s, link play and do a job (hiya Curtis) for a fraction of the cost. You pay the premium we’re paying for may for goals.

Wilson is a gamble without a doubt but it’s one I’m quite excited about.

Aye. You can say that McInnes didn't give him a chance blah blah but he has missed plenty brilliant chances in his time here.

Guest Bob Mahelp
49 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Aye. You can say that McInnes didn't give him a chance blah blah but he has missed plenty brilliant chances in his time here.

It was noticeable that our best spell of last season came when we played a front 2 of Cosgrove and May....that all ended when Stewart came in and royally f*cked things up.

On the other side of the coin though, May lost so much confidence in front of goal, Andy Considine became more prolific. We signed him to score goals, and he hasn't done that.

Time for us all to move on.