The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That theory makes a lot of sense.

Too much sense, in fact.

I'm now utterly convinced you're ITK and know we've signed May for £100k :lol:

I'm not pretending to be ITK, just giving a logical response to your proposition that it wouldn't make sense for us to pay to get rid of May. The figures are entirely made up.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

We won't be paying a fee. Why would we? 

Because he's under contract until 2021. The money for his contract is already set aside, and as such doesn't present an increased liability. We have no reason to release him unless another club makes an offer, given that we are in great shape financially.

Realistically, May will likely be on between £2k and £4k p/w, probably middle to the top end of that scale. Meaning there's between £312k, and £416k we are liable for. If we can move him on, his new wage plus any minimal fee we receive will cut into what we're liable for.

Just now, Illgresi said:

I'm not pretending to be ITK, just giving a logical response to your proposition that it wouldn't make sense for us to pay to get rid of May. The figures are entirely made up.

Because he's under contract until 2021. The money for his contract is already set aside, and as such doesn't present an increased liability. We have no reason to release him unless another club makes an offer, given that we are in great shape financially.

Realistically, May will likely be on between £2k and £4k p/w, probably middle to the top end of that scale. Meaning there's between £312k, and £416k we are liable for. If we can move him on, his new wage plus any minimal fee we receive will cut into what we're liable for.

Indeed. He's under contract with you. A contract you want to lose. So, how are you going to incentivise us to take that contract over?

2 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

LET ME DREAM YOU f**k.

5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Indeed. He's under contract with you. A contract you want to lose. So, how are you going to incentivise us to take that contract over?

It's not about incentivising. As I said, we're liabile for the rest of his current contract, which at a guess is between £300k and £400k ish. Assuming the scenario I suggested earlier, we'd have to pay £4k. If we didn't receive a fee at all, it would be £104k. That equates to an extra £1000 p/w for a contract for someone else. So of course we're going to try to get a fee. Logically speaking, we have nothing more to lose by keeping May, and only a little to gain by selling him. We have even less to gain by releasing him for free.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

LET ME DREAM YOU f**k.

NO. Well, ok. As long as you have a word with Tommy and explain the situation.

14 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

It's not about incentivising. As I said, we're liabile for the rest of his current contract, which at a guess is between £300k and £400k ish. Assuming the scenario I suggested earlier, we'd have to pay £4k. If we didn't receive a fee at all, it would be £104k. That equates to an extra £1000 p/w for a contract for someone else. So of course we're going to try to get a fee. Logically speaking, we have nothing more to lose by keeping May, and only a little to gain by selling him. We have even less to gain by releasing him for free.

Sir Stevie could sit in the stand for the next two years and cost you £600k+ in wages. Do you want that? No, of course you don't, you'd rather that money went to another striker or two. Or to a field. But you can't just rip up his contract so you need him to move. The clubs who could afford his current wages don't want him so it will have to be clubs who can't afford his current wages. How then can they afford him? That's right, you need to incentivise them.

Saints won't be greedy. £150k or £1k per week over a 3 year contract, should do it.

Ok, you have to shell out £150k (plus whatever you need to pay SS himself) but that's far better than shelling out £600k. Everyone wins.

Edited by Tibbermoresaint
More info

23 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

Sir Stevie could sit in the stand for the next two years and cost you £600k+ in wages. Do you want that? No, of course you don't, you'd rather that money went to another striker or two. Or to a field. But you can't just rip up his contract so you need him to move. The clubs who could afford his current wages don't want him so it will have to be clubs who can't afford his current wages. How then can they afford him? That's right, you need to incentivise them.

Saints won't be greedy. £150k or £1k per week over a 3 year contract, should do it.

Ok, you have to shell out £150k (plus whatever you need to pay SS himself) but that's far better than shelling out £600k. Everyone wins.

£600k would imply that May is on around £5.5k p/w. I highly doubt that given (the last official figures I know of) suggest a 1st team average of £2.6k p/w

As I've tried to explain, if May moves on for lesser pay, we will likely be liable for the difference in salary. A transfer fee will mitigate that difference. So it's clearly in our best interests to try to get one, however nominal.

That said, our budget is already in place assuming May stays for the next two years, so we don't lose either way, we only gain.

I think we’ll pay a fee for May. We won’t be able to match what Aberdeen paid but surely we’ll be able to fork out £100k or so to help facilitate a move. It benefits all 3 parties to get this done quickly and hopefully it will be. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because one of our own is trapped in Aberdeen and needing saved. 

If enough of us get involved, then just £5 a month each will help save May from his suffering, please, support the cause now by getting in touch with either @steviemay17 or @ali_91 to donate.

I will sell a kidney to finance this

30 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

I will sell a kidney to finance this

My Mrs is due next Saturday, so I can't give away any organs. I have lots of plastic baby related shite I would be willing to give away along with Stevie May?

Preach brother. 
Any Aberdeen fans who want to donate some of their oil money

Sorry, no oil money left. It's all been spunked on Audis with personalised numberplates and pishy new-build houses with no fkin storage space.

And cocaine, obvz.

28 minutes ago, resk said:

Sorry, no oil money left. It's all been spunked on Audis with personalised numberplates and pishy new-build houses with no fkin storage space.

And cocaine, obvz.

Anti-Kingsford scum imo...

Just now, Baldie1980 said:

Dundee utd in for him 2 its gonna be a bidding war emoji2.pngemoji2.pngemoji108.png

They're, like the other three teams mentioned, nothing more than agent bait.

I'm not so sure Saints will pay anywhere near 100k, if Stevie May wants to come back to Saints he will, he has the power in this situation. Saints will offer him a very very decent wage, we've made space in the budget for it, they'll also expect him to waive a fair amount of his current contract, then, by adding another year or two on his next contract and guaranteeing first team football he'll hopefully sign on. Aberdeen have taken a hit, Stevie May will have taken a hit and Perth St Johnstone are about to take a hit (on an injury ravaged fife mink). Everyones a winner.

17 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

Dundee utd in for him 2 its gonna be a bidding war emoji2.pngemoji2.pngemoji108.png

aye we will get a reasonable fee for him . and if united serious that’s delightful .   bye stevie thanks for giving your all in every game and thanks for the cracking goal against dundee .   can’t think of another might take me a while .   any potential bidders looking in he’s never looked better and has never lost that yard of quickness to his injury . 😎. please ignore his last five years of not scoring .  he will give you a shift 😉

My personal option would be for Stevie May to go to one of the Dundee clubs. It would mean that he wouldn’t be back to bother us for a wee while, and, oh my, it would have the Saintees fans going ballistic.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

My personal option would be for Stevie May to go to one of the Dundee clubs. It would mean that he wouldn’t be back to bother us for a wee while, and, oh my, it would have the Saintees fans going ballistic.

Enjoy watching a front line of Cosgrove and Main next season 😂

"Liquid football" forthcoming IMO

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

i just think that bit zip has left him for good. ii don’t think it’s a confidence thing .  the injury has taken that away from him. can see when he runs it s like  he can’t put full pressure down to sprint .  he might get boost going elsewhere but i can’t see him  being  the striker he once was . best days are gone .  but he will be  an asset to the likes saints or united if he puts in a shift like he did with us .