The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Starting to be a bit concerned about Thursday.

This team will be fitter than us so if they’re semi competent then we could be in for a really tough match.

We don’t seem to have had the best pre season in terms of players carrying injuries and not getting the game time

Agreed. Teams that are into there seasons are always tough nuts to crack. Also doesn’t fill me with confidence with some the signings del has made, namely that lump of wood main and bringing back ash Taylor is a questionable decision. Think it’s going to be a up and down season for us. No chance of 2nd or 3rd this year.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Aberdeen fans have been writing McGinn's obituary for a few years now. We will probably still be a better team with him this season than without him. 

I agree, 1 of the few players with genuine ability on the ball.

Taylor & Main won’t be first picks, though 

Mikey devlin has had some horrendous injuries so there is no guarantees we will get a full season out of him. So ash Taylor would come in. Didn’t rate him the first time and it was a mistake to bring him back. Panic signing from del. This will be his last yeah imo. It’s about time we need a shakeup

FFS guys/ladies, we haven’t even kicked a ball in anger and you’re already looking for failure?

COYR, at least one cup, European groups and a serious league challenge incoming

Fucking hell. Been away this weekend and logged on for the first time in a few days to see four pages to catch up on. Assumed there was some transfer gossip. Nope, just the not obsessed Random guy taking several shots at McInnes.

RG is in desperate need of a ride. 

FFS guys/ladies, we haven’t even kicked a ball in anger and you’re already looking for failure?

COYR, at least one cup, European groups and a serious league challenge incoming

Not at all, I think the squad is shaping up quite well, just a little concerned Thursday might come a bit too soon for us.

Not at all, I think the squad is shaping up quite well, just a little concerned Thursday might come a bit too soon for us.

Know what you mean, but would hope we’d still have enough. For instance, I’d have no qualms having Deano and Ferguson starting in the middle if required.

Always into the unknown in the early rounds in Europe so you won’t be alone with the nervousness.

13 hours ago, gmcg94 said:

No I do agree he is still a threat and causes problems, just isn’t the same goal threat

McGinn was on good scoring form between the winter break and his injury last season - including three in the Scottish Cup (notably the Ibrox win) and one for his country.

If we can keep him fit, he'll be an important player.  He is also very good at protecting the full-backs - really hard worker, which sometimes goes unnoticed due to his hangdog demeanour at times.

Edited by tarapoa

The relationship between McGinn and the Aberdeen support has always been a weird one.

There’s a section of the support that cannot wait to jump down his throat when he is perceived to be not trying or having a shite game.

He’s a classy player but inconsistent, always has been. Classic cliche but if McGinn consistently played at his potential he’d be nowhere near us.

However, I think he is slowing down and injuries are becoming more frequent so id be reluctant to be too reliant on him this season.

"Today's mascot is RussellAnderson, he's 25 years old from Peterculter and his favourite player is Niall McGinn!"

I adore him. I've said it before, but no player has scored as many *good* goals as him in my time supporting Aberdeen. He was also the first player I can remember who didn't f**k off after his first good season. I can still remember when he signed that 4 year deal after his first season, it was off the back of Fraser and I was convinced he was away. Leeds were interested IIRC. He stayed, and he became an Aberdeen hero. If he wins another trophy, he's a legend. 

"Today's mascot is RussellAnderson, he's 25 years old from Peterculter and his favourite player is Niall McGinn!"
I adore him. I've said it before, but no player has scored as many *good* goals as him in my time supporting Aberdeen. He was also the first player I can remember who didn't f**k off after his first good season. I can still remember when he signed that 4 year deal after his first season, it was off the back of Fraser and I was convinced he was away. Leeds were interested IIRC. He stayed, and he became an Aberdeen hero. If he wins another trophy, he's a legend. 

Totally agree Russell.

Some people have never been able to get past his Celtic connections though.

5 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

I genuinely heard that he likes to steal girls’ socks after he’s banged them.

It sounds totally made up but someone told me that with a straight face.

Craig Brown, of all people, had been quoted that McGinn's flat in Torremolinos Kepplestone, may as well have had a turnstile on the door.

Not sure about the sock thing, and presumably he'd ideally be looking for top of the range lingerie in his conquests,  but he's a relatively young bloke, footloose and fancy free - so good luck to him.

Edited by tarapoa