The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McGeough and Morgan in, May out, all permanent deals, and all done by Thursday, IMO.

Would be good business for the Dons.

I wanted May at Rugby Park this summer.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

McGeough and Morgan in, May out, all permanent deals, and all done by Thursday, IMO.

I'd be delighted with that - not been any chat about Morgan this window but it seemed we had an interest the last two windows

I'd much rather have Mulumbu in than Mcgeough and the sooner the better. A midfield 3 of mulumbu, bryson and Ferguson would be class.  

Campbell seems to have impressed pre season so hoping he gets his chance on Thursday. 

Just now, Dele said:

What's happening with Scott Wright?

Been quite heavily involved in pre season games and seemingly looked quite good.

We're pretty thin on numbers so I suspect he'll be around for the European games and we'll take a decision later in the window on whether to get him out on loan again.

Am I the only one that really, really thinks May is a top player.
I know he hasn't set the heather alight in the goals column, but for me, his movement creates so much space for others.
I'll be genuinely disappointed if he moves.

Been said on here many times, but our best spell was the run up to Christmas with Him and Sam up front.
Think everyone has been desperate for him to do well, but for him that does mean scoring goals. If he goes, I’d rather it was on loan so he can’t score against us (which he absolutely would).
Also, send him to Dundee, just to wind up a particular Saints fan.

17 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Been said on here many times, but our best spell was the run up to Christmas with Him and Sam up front.
Think everyone has been desperate for him to do well, but for him that does mean scoring goals. If he goes, I’d rather it was on loan so he can’t score against us (which he absolutely would).
Also, send him to Dundee, just to wind up a particular Saints fan.

I suspect May himself doesn't want to be a workhorse striker creating space and openings for others. It's not a bad trait but he does so much work outside the box he seems to have lost the instinct for goalscoring. I don't know whether that's down to him or it's what he's been asked to do but it isn't serving him particularly well. Hopefully a loan deal gets hhim that instinct back.

I think if he was on half the wages we'd keep him around as he does bring a lot to the team.

I know he hasn't set the heather alight in the goals column, but for me, his movement creates so much space for others.

The whole idea of us selling May while we bring in Main just pains me. Genuienly seems like a downgrade and maybe tells us that McInnes wasn't expecting to have Wilson back and to be left with 5 strikers. Someone has to leave and as much as it annoys me May is the obvious choice. (Unless we loan out Anderson again)

5 minutes ago, TheDon99 said:
1 hour ago, aDONisSheep said:

The whole idea of us selling May while we bring in Main just pains me. Genuienly seems like a downgrade and maybe tells us that McInnes wasn't expecting to have Wilson back and to be left with 5 strikers. Someone has to leave and as much as it annoys me May is the obvious choice. (Unless we loan out Anderson again)

I don't think McInnes views Wilson as a striker. I also think Anderson going on loan again is inevitable. 

There's been nothing more than gossip about May leaving. 

Still a bit baffled by us signing Main. Does he have an attractive wife? 

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

There's been nothing more than gossip about May leaving. 

Mcinnes is actually quoted on the AFC website talking about it:

“Stevie May and I had a chat.

“He will have a few options to see what he wants to do, to go and get regular football. We are happy for Stevie to go out on loan, get regular football and try and catch fire and score goals for someone with the option of coming back in January.

“That is something we would like to happen.

“We have spoken to Stevie about it, he understands it and he is receptive to getting out there and playing somewhere.

“It might be that one of his options is a permanent move but we are not shutting the door on Stevie.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Like Greg Stewart, I doubt if Stevie May will ever fit into the way we play under McInnes. 

It's a pity, because like a lot of Dons fans I appreciate the work that May puts in and wish he could stick a few more goals in.

I suspect though it's just a case of the wrong team for the right player. It happens.