The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, gmcg94 said:

Always shits the bed in Glasgow

We beat Rangers three times in Glasgow last season. Only team to beat them at Ibrox, and did it twice. McInnes was the only domestic manager to beat Rodgers' Celtic at Parkhead and we were the first Scottish team to take anything from there last season. 

I'm not one of those who thinks McInnes can never be criticised, but this isn't a fair one at the moment. 

We beat Rangers three times in Glasgow last season. Only team to beat them at Ibrox, and did it twice. McInnes was the only domestic manager to beat Rodgers' Celtic at Parkhead and we were the first Scottish team to take anything from there last season. 
I'm not one of those who thinks McInnes can never be criticised, but this isn't a fair one at the moment. 

There’s a lot of revision of history on these things.

The Scottish cup win at ibrox was amazing. But without the early goal and sitting back the way we did it could in an alternate universe go very differently. If we lose I’m sure we’d be accused of shitting the bed.

Our record against Celtic is poor tbf but our record last season against a side that pay multiples of what we do on wages and transfer fees was excellent.

1 hour ago, gmcg94 said:

Bit gutted about mcinnes it I’m honest lads. Think he has had his day. Think we are stale and need freshened up.

Not trying to be an arse here, but I think McInnes got a lot of joy out of signing ICT players over the last few years.  Is the fact that we've gotten shite meaning that he has to actually try and find decent players 'himself' as opposed to just going 'right who's the best ICT players?' maybe factoring into this conclusion?

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not trying to be an arse here, but I think McInnes got a lot of joy out of signing ICT players over the last few years.  Is the fact that we've gotten shite meaning that he has to actually try and find decent players 'himself' as opposed to just going 'right who's the best ICT players?' maybe factoring into this conclusion?

Not sure if you are attempting to be serious here or not?

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

There’s a lot of revision of history on these things.

The Scottish cup win at ibrox was amazing. But without the early goal and sitting back the way we did it could in an alternate universe go very differently. If we lose I’m sure we’d be accused of shitting the bed.

Our record against Celtic is poor tbf but our record last season against a side that pay multiples of what we do on wages and transfer fees was excellent.

Yep, it's a very fine line. If you set up like we did at Ibrox last season and don't win, you are going to get hammered for being so 'negative', like the post-split game (and perhaps deservedly so). But if you execute it well, get a bit of good fortune along the way and win, nobody is really caring a jot about how we did it. 

29 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Yep, it's a very fine line. If you set up like we did at Ibrox last season and don't win, you are going to get hammered for being so 'negative', like the post-split game (and perhaps deservedly so). But if you execute it well, get a bit of good fortune along the way and win, nobody is really caring a jot about how we did it. 

Good tactics in my opinion. Deadco are far better as a counter attacking team. The game we took it to them (the defeat at home) they were a threat every single time we lost the ball on the attack.

46 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

183172203_tenor(2).gif.09e63cd2516aad9ddf8f8dabc457d8c5.gif

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Good tactics in my opinion. Deadco are far better as a counter attacking team. The game we took it to them (the defeat at home) they were a threat every single time we lost the ball on the attack.

If you’re speaking about the 4-2 defeat at Pittodrie last season , you must have been watching a different game to me. First half was fairly even  but the extremely fortunate penalty they got put a  flattering complexion on the halftime score for them. We battered them for pretty much the whole of the second half and it wasn’t until the last ten minutes or so that they threatened , and only in injury time that they scored