Queens Park 2014/2015 Season Thread

I heard that when Gus took some of the prospective players round to see the facilities at Lesser, a couple of them just asked for a form to sign right away, they were that impressed.

Gus mentioning the generous "expenses" they would receive had no impact on their decision, of course.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that when Gus took some of the prospective players round to see the facilities at Lesser, a couple of them just asked for a form to sign right away, they were that impressed.

The ex-Junior hammer-throwers in question were probaby just thrilled by the sight of a set of dumbbells.

What I would say about Ross McPherson is that he scores an awful lot of his goals either from dead ball situations or long range efforts. He is not the predatory poacher type striker that bundles them in off his knee from 2 yards out a la Mr McCoist or John Robertson from days of old.

He is really good at playing with his back to goal and bringing others into the game - it would be interesting to see if Gus McPherson plays him with another striker or whether he sees him in a lone striker role with midfield support which is how he has tended to be used at Clydebank. He is also not the best one on one finisher - but his workrate is decent and he is a good lad - I wish him well with his move.

Like earlier posters I am sure that Vinnie Berry will do a good job for The Spiders. Clever player and good passer of the ball who loves to get forward - replacing him will be a big job for Bankies.

Good Luck to The Spiders next season - its nice to see a Senior team taking a chance on some Junior players - think The Meadow boys will also prove to be good signings for you.

Latest news from the website. We've signed:

Kevin Fotheringham FWD Aged 25 Formally of Bannockburn Amatuer

John Carter FWD Aged 27 Formally of Greenock Juniors

David McWilliams DF Aged 21 Formally of Campsie Blackwatch

Paul Woods MF Aged 27 Formally of Petershill FC

Tears of previously-unforeseeable joy forming in my eyes at the moment. Gus' signing policy looks to be growing ever more desperate as the summer wears on. It scares/thrills me to think how the squad will be rounded off by the time we dish out the first regulation spanking of the season in 39 days' time.

Good to see your much heralded youth policy being used to its full potential ????

Get the sat navs programmed for Stirling uni , Selkirk , galashields

Queens Park lowland tour 2015-16

Good to see your much heralded youth policy being used to its full potential

Get the sat navs programmed for Stirling uni , Selkirk , galashields

Queens Park lowland tour 2015-16

If you don't get funny soon, we're in for a long season.

Gus has certainly picked up some decent players but it's going to be a very tough job gelling so many together especially seeing as many haven't played senior before; guys like Quinno and McGregor are going to be invaluable for their experience.

0-0 against EK tonight. Would have been one of the worst decisions in the history of football if I'd gone to this. Imagine returning home to find out that Germany had already scudded in five goals.

0-0 against EK tonight. Would have been one of the worst decisions in the history of football if I'd gone to this. Imagine returning home to find out that Germany had already scudded in five goals.

Yeah. You'd have to be a reeeeeeal Munson to make that decision...

b*****d!

Archived