Derek Riordan (Mind him?)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Riordan's finished and his future lies elsewhere away from football now. There is no way he will make it as pundit nor does he have any sort of characteristics which suggest he'd make a good coach. He should go away and concentrate his efforts and energy into education...go get a degree in something as I am sure he has money to spare.

Hopefully for his sake he turns his life around as it would be a tragedy if he ended up wasting the rest f his life.

Fine sentiment RM and I would love to think that Riordan could have some sort of Damascene conversion and decide that he wanted to "give something back" but I suspect he's way too thick and selfish to even realise such a path was open to him.

Would love it if a leopard could change it's spots though...... ^_^

What was the exact point it all went wrong for Deek?

I've thought back and quite narrow it down to a single moment.

I still remember that Hibs team of around 2006-2008. What a shambles most of those players are now.

A few made it. A few are crocks. A few are wasters.

I once tried out for a couple of clubs and was on the verge of accepting a scholarship to a University in the States. I feel as if I'm wasted too so I know how that feels and it hurts

A scholarship as a binman?

What was the exact point it all went wrong for Deek?

I've thought back and quite narrow it down to a single moment.

I still remember that Hibs team of around 2006-2008. What a shambles most of those players are now.

A few made it. A few are crocks. A few are wasters.

Probably his move to Celtic (not faulting Celtic btw) ,he didn't knuckle down when dropped from 1st team,managed to piss off Strachan by greeting about being dropped and he still managed to get in to bother off the pitch.

Riordan should have stayed at Hibs or moved down South.When you look at it there's a long list of players (from Scottish clubs) who've moved to the old firm and failed miserably,although can't quite think of any with Riordan's level of fail-what a f***ing waste.

It can't just be me that thinks Riordan wasn't all that good, he was never ever going to make it in the EPL, there was no signs he was ever capable of playing at that level. But every year he continues "wasting" his career people seem to increase this myth about how good he was, in truth he would never have coped physically with the English leagues, and he'd likely have had a career trajectory similar to Burchills. O'Connor was the better player IMO

It can't just be me that thinks Riordan wasn't all that good, he was never ever going to make it in the EPL, there was no signs he was ever capable of playing at that level. But every year he continues "wasting" his career people seem to increase this myth about how good he was, in truth he would never have coped physically with the English leagues, and he'd likely have had a career trajectory similar to Burchills. O'Connor was the better player IMO

No he was that good, it's just you mate.

It's just you.

You may not like him but Rioran was an excellent player at his level in his first spell with us, he had all the talent. If he knuckled down and had say Steven Fletchers attitude he would have went very far in the game.

You may not like him but Rioran was an excellent player at his level in his first spell with us, he had all the talent. If he knuckled down and had say Steven Fletchers attitude he would have went very far in the game.

He was an incredible finisher. Even in his second spell he still had it in him. Chipping Forster from the edge of the box at Parkhead a highlight in this montage. What could've been eh...

He was an incredible finisher. Even in his second spell he still had it in him. Chipping Forster from the edge of the box at Parkhead a highlight in this montage. What could've been eh...

I agree, he just made scoring look so easy. My fave player growing up watching Hibs.

Not many ordinary goals in there, to be fair.

Someone should send him a DVD of that montage strapped to a years supply of disulfiram.

He's never had the maturity to admit that his career is fucked because of his own mistakes and until he accepts that he's never going to change. He still blames everything that's gone wrong in his career on Gordon Strachan for not giving him enough playing time at Celtic, which is just ridiculous.

I loved watching him in that Hibs team, was only 11/12 but all then Fletcher, Riordan, O'Connor, Sproule, Thomson, Scott Brown, Whittaker, Caldwell, Murphy, Glass, Stewart all played in a 6-0 demolition of us in 2004 maybe? Was sat at that game as a kid certain all the Scottish guys would be the future of the Scotland team, only really Brown that has lived up to his potential.

Archived