Things you notice in TV shows that irritate you.

Jamaldo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone get an itchy bumhole, not even in private.

Noone quickwaddles home trying not to piss/shite their pants, nor does the front door key fumbling while bobbing around on the spot, nor let's out that massive groan of delight upon release.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the way cop shows (CSI in particular) in an hour-long episode spend 45-50 minutes building everything up with excruciating detail and then have everything frantically wrapped up at 100mph in the last 10 minutes, often leaving you just to try and guess certain unexplained plot points. Spread it out a bit and keep the pacing balanced.

I hate the way cop shows (CSI in particular) in an hour-long episode spend 45-50 minutes building everything up with excruciating detail and then have everything frantically wrapped up at 100mph in the last 10 minutes, often leaving you just to try and guess certain unexplained plot points. Spread it out a bit and keep the pacing balanced.

Similarly, some fucker we only met for three seconds near the start turns out 5 minutes from the end to be the culprit.

Similarly, some fucker we only met for three seconds near the start turns out 5 minutes from the end to be the culprit.

And since you know that will happen, you know the half hour you've spent watching them investigating and interrogating Mr Ivan Obviousmotive and Miss Ima Decoy is totally pointless.

And it will never be the first person to be brought in for questioning, or arrested. It will also never be the person that all the evidence points to it being.

have you ever watched the cop show "shetland", they had a 2 part episode where the vital evidence was only found 10 minutes before the end,

i love cop shows where you can piece together the evidence yourself and try to figure it out, which is fucking pointless on shetland

And it will never be the first person to be brought in for questioning, or arrested. It will also never be the person that all the evidence points to it being.

Law in order is far better, sometimes it is the first person they get in but they still get off with it in the court scenes , great series always has you interested .

Law and Order: SVU is particularly bad for this. They'll bring in whoever the red herring suspect is halfway through the episode, then absolutely eviscerate them during the interview. Then it obviously turns out not to have been them all along.

I'd like to see a scene at the end where the detectives are grovelling at their feet apologising and trying to avoid a lawsuit.

"Sorry I threatened to send you to Sing Sing and have you violently and repeatedly assaulted in the most horrific manner possible"

Law and Order: SVU is particularly bad for this. They'll bring in whoever the red herring suspect is halfway through the episode, then absolutely eviscerate them during the interview. Then it obviously turns out not to have been them all along.

I'd like to see a scene at the end where the detectives are grovelling at their feet apologising and trying to avoid a lawsuit.

"Sorry I threatened to send you to Sing Sing and have you violently and repeatedly assaulted in the most horrific manner possible"

Taggart (at least the modern one) is bad for this too. Any person they speak to (not even necessarily a suspect) who isn't instantly and 100% cooperative will get ripped to shreds.

aye but the glasgow banter is fucking great, alex norton is brilliant as a hard c**t at times

True that. It's actually quite funny watching him in other roles trying to be something else.

Just watched one of the proper old school episodes of Taggart, where the cops could smack the criminals around when they felt like it. Creepy stuff, probably the most disturbing episode I've ever seen.

Archived