Dundee United 2014/15 Season

I think you might be reading a little bit too much into the Tonev incident and why Celtic are a laughing stock. Celtic are absolutely right to pursue any appeal open to them if they believe that the decision was wrong. What they're not entitled to do is issue public statements pretending that the decision was reached in the absence of any evidence and questioning one of the central tenets of the disciplinary system.

I think there is a direct correlation between how the clubs should act in relation to the incidents.

If Celtic believe their player is innocent why should they punish him further? Same applies to United and Paton.

IMO both clubs should accept there was sufficient evidence to support the tribunals' decisions and apply internal discipline accordingly.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like he spits on him in the vid, and as said above why would Hayes suddenly jump up towards him.

Could be Hayes calmed down after it and and didn't think it was worth Paton getting into bother over. Even if Hayes wasn't bothered they would still need to punish him.

If he'd spat at Hayes it's very unlikely he would have felt it so why otherwise would he jump up to confront Paton? I think it's quite clear that he's shouted something at him - most likely 'p***k' as someone mentioned earlier.

I doubt very much Hayes would have felt the gobber on his back, jumped up to confront him about it then later deny it ever happening on twitter.

It looks to me from what he does, that he is spitting, rather than swearing, BUT I can't see any spit - I would doubt the SFA have any better footage available to them than we do.

Does Hayes leap up like that after being called a name? Cannae see it. But at the same time would you defend a player who has spat at you? Feck knows!

I think there is a direct correlation between how the clubs should act in relation to the incidents.

If Celtic believe their player is innocent why should they punish him further? Same applies to United and Paton.

IMO both clubs should accept there was sufficient evidence to support the tribunals' decisions and apply internal discipline accordingly.

And you're entitled to that opinion, I suppose.

What are you guys' thoughts about the upcoming derby?

Naturally, being on the dark blue side I'm none too optimistic. The last minute league cup winner was hard to swallow and we're struggling a bit with injuries at the moment.

Nonetheless, we play better at Tannadice so I guess there's every chance. In reality a draw would be good for us but no one wants a draw against their rivals.

Naturally, being on the dark blue side I'm none too optimistic. The last minute league cup winner was hard to swallow and we're struggling a bit with injuries at the moment.

Nonetheless, we play better at Tannadice so I guess there's every chance. In reality a draw would be good for us but no one wants a draw against their rivals.

I have 'the fear' about our festive run of games. Not confident in the slightest after the debacle of last year.

I'm not particularly optimistic but I'm not overly worried either. I fully anticipate us getting a hammering from Celtic on sunday and given that we lost to Aberdeen this saturday past, if we lost on new years day then we would have gone from being unbeaten at home this season to losing three on the trot and my gut feeling is that won't happen.

I admit it's not the most rational of arguments... :unsure:

I'm in the accept it and move on camp. Paton was already due to miss the St Johnstone game due to going over the disciplinary points threshold. Celtic as always is a game to nothing for United. Gives somebody else a chance of tasting defeat to them.

As far as im concerned, regardless of the result on Sunday, the outcome of this hearing is unacceptable. Thats 3 times in the space of a fortnight we have been shafted and its not fucking on

As far as im concerned, regardless of the result on Sunday, the outcome of this hearing is unacceptable. Thats 3 times in the space of a fortnight we have been shafted and its not fucking on

^^^^^Head explosion.

Just saw it on the STV news, first time I've seen it in HD on such a large screen. Looks less like a spit more like a 'comment'. Makes the tribunal decision all the more puzzling.

It's always looked like he said something and never looked like a spit

What the actual f**k. Laughing stock of a football association, hope and expect United to fight it tooth and nail.

Where? How? Apparently there's no right of appeal with fast track cases.

I'd usually just advocate taking it the chin (substantial chin it is too), shutting up and getting on with it, but this decision reeks

Archived