Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent stuff all round and well done to Mr Thompson and the board for getting our house in order. Things looked a bit ropey financially 6 years or so ago but now we can look forward with a (smug) smile on our faces.

I still get a bit pissed off with some pundits repeatedly saying that Scottish fitba is at it's lowest ebb when all I can see is improvement year upon year. United are inconsistent but still completely unrecognizable from the shambles of the early 00's, Aberdeen are the same, St Johnstone are having their most successful spell ever, ICT seem to be getting stronger, Hamilton are lighting up the league etc, etc. All of these clubs are in rude financial health as well. I was going to carry on and write a big shitey spiel but I can't be bothered so, to summarise, Rangers are fucked and nobody else is 8)

It wasn't even including the £5m+ we raked in. We only need to sell an Andy Robertson every

thirty years, technically, to break even.

To be fair I'm wondering how much of the £5m will appear in the accounts next year? Will most of that go to the fans who bought the debt over? Not sure whether it will go in then out of the books or straight to them.

Fair play to Steven Thompson. Wasn't that long ago that it looked like he wanted out but he has really taken us onwards and upwards.

Excellent stuff all round and well done to Mr Thompson and the board for getting our house in order. Things looked a bit ropey financially 6 years or so ago but now we can look forward with a (smug) smile on our faces.

I still get a bit pissed off with some pundits repeatedly saying that Scottish fitba is at it's lowest ebb when all I can see is improvement year upon year. United are inconsistent but still completely unrecognizable from the shambles of the early 00's, Aberdeen are the same, St Johnstone are having their most successful spell ever, ICT seem to be getting stronger, Hamilton are lighting up the league etc, etc. All of these clubs are in rude financial health as well. I was going to carry on and write a big shitey spiel but I can't be bothered so, to summarise, Rangers are fucked and nobody else is 8)

I got right pissed off a couple of weeks ago when I heard a programme on radio scotland about this. Kaye adams asked chris McLaughlin if scottish football missed Rangers.

He said well, it depends who you ask. If you ask the fans of other Premiership clubs, they'll say no. They'll say that things have been fresher, more competitive and more exciting without Rangers in the top flight, but ask Peter Lawell and he'll tell you that celtic have lost £43 million ( I think that was the figure he used) without Rangers, through drop in sponsorship, attendence etc. so, yes, I think it's fair to say that scottish football HAS missed Rangers.

My heid was gone.... I was cursing away quietly at work. So, celtic is the whole of Scottish football aye?

I think most clubs on the east coast have fared better without Rangers. Aberdeen and dundee have always brought bigger crowds to Tannadice than either of that pair......... Not to mention the financial lift the lower tiered clubs have got from Rangers visiting their grounds. I think it was someone from Stranraer who said on the programme that the two visits they had from Rangers would give them a huge financial boost and allow them to undertake structural work at their club.

So basically, the upshot was that the majority of scottish clubs had benefitted either directly or indirectly from Rangers leaving the top flight. But because Rangers and celtic had suffered, that means that the whole of Scottish football missed them.

Raging, I was. I would have emailed into Sportsound to remonstrate with him, but it was around the time of the bin lorry crash in glasgow, so it seemed a bit inappropriate to be bleating about it

I got right pissed off a couple of weeks ago when I heard a programme on radio scotland about this. Kaye adams asked chris McLaughlin if scottish football missed Rangers.

He said well, it depends who you ask. If you ask the fans of other Premiership clubs, they'll say no. They'll say that things have been fresher, more competitive and more exciting without Rangers in the top flight, but ask Peter Lawell and he'll tell you that celtic have lost £43 million ( I think that was the figure he used) without Rangers, through drop in sponsorship, attendence etc. so, yes, I think it's fair to say that scottish football HAS missed Rangers.

My heid was gone.... I was cursing away quietly at work. So, celtic is the whole of Scottish football aye?

I think most clubs on the east coast have fared better without Rangers. Aberdeen and dundee have always brought bigger crowds to Tannadice than either of that pair......... Not to mention the financial lift the lower tiered clubs have got from Rangers visiting their grounds. I think it was someone from Stranraer who said on the programme that the two visits they had from Rangers would give them a huge financial boost and allow them to undertake structural work at their club.

So basically, the upshot was that the majority of scottish clubs had benefitted either directly or indirectly from Rangers leaving the top flight. But because Rangers and celtic had suffered, that means that the whole of Scottish football missed them.

Raging, I was. I would have emailed into Sportsound to remonstrate with him, but it was around the time of the bin lorry crash in glasgow, so it seemed a bit inappropriate to be bleating about it

Worst thing you could've done was e-mail about it. Folk like that purely say this shite to get reactions. Should just completely refuse to e-mail or phone in any show their involved in and in time the shows will change the subject as the "scottish football is deid" chat isn't getting the public reaction they need.

Aye. And what the f**k you doing listening to Kaye Adams.

I was in a customer's house so had no choice, although she's better than Louise White..... And infinitely better than radio 4s women's hour

Worst thing you could've done was e-mail about it. Folk like that purely say this shite to get reactions. Should just completely refuse to e-mail or phone in any show their involved in and in time the shows will change the subject as the "scottish football is deid" chat isn't getting the public reaction they need.

This is true, but the heid was gone at the time.

Rumours of GMS to Sheffield Uniteds for 400k.

That's probably about as much as he's potentially worth to us with respect to league positions and cups runs, and we have replacements. I'd rather be entertained for another 4.5 months, but sounds like a decent deal if true and we were to take it.

That's probably about as much as he's potentially worth to us with respect to league positions and cups runs, and we have replacements. I'd rather be entertained for another 4.5 months, but sounds like a decent deal if true and we were to take it.

United Mad? They're also linking us with a half Irish, half Finnish player.

Pat Paatelainen.

Problem is that he has rarely entertained this season. On form, he is worth the admission money alone, but it has hardly happened. £400k and he'd be away.

Archived