Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Fans have continually said we should reject any money as he's worth more to us in our team for the remainder. Now fans are saying we should bench him?!

If he plays well, he plays. At the end of the day, when he is on form, he is unstoppable in this league. he isn't denying Telfer a place in the team, and Connolly will still get plenty of chances.

I doubt he will succeed at Celtic, and will probably end up somewhere like Barnsley in a year or two.

Peeeel is saying we should bench him. That's fan, singular.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fans have continually said we should reject any money as he's worth more to us in our team for the remainder. Now fans are saying we should bench him?!

If he plays well, he plays. At the end of the day, when he is on form, he is unstoppable in this league. he isn't denying Telfer a place in the team, and Connolly will still get plenty of chances.

I doubt he will succeed at Celtic, and will probably end up somewhere like Barnsley in a year or two.

I'm a fan. I also said I'd snap accept nearly any decent offer for him.

He now needs replaced, I see this as an ideal chance to bleed either Connolly or Telfer into his position.

Peeeel is saying we should bench him. That's fan, singular.

On here. Seen many others on Twitter, Facebook et al say the same. I can't be arsed checking if their the same ones who demanded we rebut hundreds of thousands for him, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm a fan. I also said I'd snap accept nearly any decent offer for him.

He now needs replaced, I see this as an ideal chance to bleed either Connolly or Telfer into his position.

You want to put Telfer out wide? That's pure mental imho

And also imho, Connolly ain't quite ready yet. There's talent there and he deserves chances, but he ain't ready to be playing week in week out yet.

I can see why many see Telfer playing further forward in Armstrong's role when he goes, but for now, we desperately need him in the middle of the park. I know I'm going over old ground, but we've been needing a guy in midfield who wants the ball and can pass it for too fcuking long.

On here. Seen many others on Twitter, Facebook et al say the same. I can't be arsed checking if their the same ones who demanded we rebut hundreds of thousands for him, but it wouldn't surprise me.

You need to get out more, build a snowman or something.

I suspect the allusion was rather that Celtic have a tendency to stockpile players which can have the effect of completely de-railing a player's career. Not every Scottish player who goes to Celtic will fail but many won't be given a decent crack of the whip and will go backwards as a result. That applies to non-Scottish players too, I imagine.

I think also its fairly obvious when a player goes to Celtic from your own club, if he is going to succeed.

Mark Wilson was always going to do well, but never going to be a star.

Davie Hannah? Well we couldn't kick him out the door fast enough when offered that money.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to turn into an utter shitshow the first time a Messi-esque performance doesn't materialise? I really hope he scores and performs from the whistle against HamiltonInverfcukingness.

There's no snow where I am, and you have more than double the posts on here than I do, in less time. ;)

Also, I'm a student - I sit at this desk, always.

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to turn into an utter shitshow the first time a Messi-esque performance doesn't materialise? I really hope he scores and performs from the whistle against Hamilton.

Well, you're in luck, he scored the second in a cracking 3-2 win. Hurrah!

You're having a floppy (again). You can't really think that the half dozen or so of us on here who disagree with peeeeeeeel are any more representative of Arabs than those who contribute through other social network.

Davie Hannah? Well we couldn't kick him out the door fast enough when offered that money.

Hannah adapted well, playing mostly at full-back iirc. 63 appearances in 3 years. This was in a time when Celtic weren't exactly short on talent.

You want to put Telfer out wide? That's pure mental imho

And also imho, Connolly ain't quite ready yet. There's talent there and he deserves chances, but he ain't ready to be playing week in week out yet.

I can see why many see Telfer playing further forward in Armstrong's role when he goes, but for now, we desperately need him in the middle of the park. I know I'm going over old ground, but we've been needing a guy in midfield who wants the ball and can pass it for too fcuking long.

I'm no getting into this center mid pish with you man. Telfer can play wide easily enough, who knows where his best position is, like you said probably Armstrong's role, but we now need to be look at alternatives for Gary's position. Connolly or Telfer fit for me, they are both raw and game time can only help their development.

Must admit, I'm a little disappointed after all this talk of going down England, but I can't blame GMS for choosing Celtic.

And I agree with peeeel that from now is as good time as any to give Connolly some rotation with him. I mean, now that his future's sorted, I'd expect a bit of a drop off from GMS. And I certainly won't be expecting him to go in for many 50-50s and the like.

It would appear that only two clubs have shown an interest in GMS; Celtic and Sheffield United. Is anyone really surprised he's chosen the former?

Not that surprised, but he could have continued playing as he is playing and hoped his form attracted other options. There's no law to say you need to sign a pre-contract at the first available opportunity.

I'm no getting into this center mid pish with you man. Telfer can play wide easily enough, who knows where his best position is, like you said probably Armstrong's role, but we now need to be look at alternatives for Gary's position. Connolly or Telfer fit for me, they are both raw and game time can only help their development.

I'd agree with ArabFC (that's twice its happened now). Connolly in a wide position but not Telfer, though I think Connolly is ready for more regular football. Thing is if GMS is going we must be looking to bring someone unless there's yet another young talent winding his way through.

Hannah adapted well, playing mostly at full-back iirc. 63 appearances in 3 years. This was in a time when Celtic weren't exactly short on talent.

He did adapt well. Another way you could put it is that he started 28 league games, in that time.

Not saying he didn't do ok, but we all knew he'd be kicking his heels the majority of the time.

Archived