Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Also, Aniers 9 goals in 19 starts also encompassed 37 appearances in total.

Isma's 8 goals came from 15 starts and only one sub appearance.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Anier. Even if about 4 of his goals came against us. But in a straight up choice? There's only one winner.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stats can be misleading, for example they fail to take into account the fact that Anier was struggling with injuries during the 2nd half of last season.

When fit and on form he scored 7 goals in 17 starts during the 1st half of last season. His form tailed off due to his injuries and he only managed to actually start 5 games once he signed permanently in the 2nd half of last season and I'm not convinced he was ever fully fit. Hence why his performances dropped.

Anyway Scott Burns confirms on Twitter that Anier is set to sign tomorrow.

Great signing for United IMHO. He's still quite raw but he's got all the attributes to be good striker and he's something different to what United have now.

Wilson to haunt United with a series of sterling performances for St Mirren/Kilmarnock/Hibs/Dundee.

Apparently Mark Wilson is signing for us tomorrow.

8)

Anier sounds like a safe signing. We need another striker, he's somewhat proven at this level, currently frozen out (/ongoing injuries) at his current club so will hopefully be fighting to get his career back on track and so probably ain't asking for too much in wages.

I'm assuming the Boyd pish is now thankfully done with, and the McKay hopes are finally quashed as expected. Ciftci, Anier and Bilate (I'm not even close to giving up on him yet) is a decent set of three to draw from, and also allows us the option of Cifti out wide or playing off the striker. I'm assuming this also means that Adeyamo, Moore and Coote are at least another season away from being potential starters. Murray presumably somewhere inbetween.

Though it's worth mentioning that we're not exactly having trouble finding the back of the net. Averaged 2 goals a game so far in the league (42 in 21), more than anyone else. Still worth considering pushing the boat out for a defensive midfielder of undoubted quality, imo.

Not convinced with the Anier signing. Looks like a cheap option.

Not really if we have to pay a fee. Billy McKay would have been good, like, but we're not exactly short of goals. Anier means we can play a little differently and Ciftci won't get burnt out.

Plus, he's not cup tied which is pretty big.

Not convinced with the Anier signing. Looks like a cheap option.

His German club payed Motherwell about 300k for him only 6 months ago, I doubt they're letting him go for nothing so I can't see him being cheap.

Unless it's just a loan of course and in that case what have you got to lose?

His German club payed Motherwell about 300k for him only 6 months ago, I doubt they're letting him go for nothing so I can't see him being cheap.

Unless it's just a loan of course and in that case what have you got to lose?

I've had a read around and Motherwell fans seemed eager to sell him (from a Sell, Keep, Get Rid thread) and happy to get 250k+ for him.

At the right price (low enough wages / loan) it's a pretty safe signing imo and am hopeful he'll slot right in, but share Danger and Zetterlund's underwhelm. Time will tell, eh.

Not really if we have to pay a fee. Billy McKay would have been good, like, but we're not exactly short of goals. Anier means we can play a little differently and Ciftci won't get burnt out. Plus, he's not cup tied which is pretty big.
I take your point about being cup tied, but, despite been top league scorers, I don't think you can ever have enough striker options. As things stand any signing will only be our second (hopefully) fit, proven striker.
His German club payed Motherwell about 300k for him only 6 months ago, I doubt they're letting him go for nothing so I can't see him being cheap.Unless it's just a loan of course and in that case what have you got to lose?
I've no idea as yet what the fee, if any will be. It's not the first time a club has paid a fee for a player then let him go for little or nothing if it didn't work out. You're comments here have been genuine and well intentioned and I hope you're right in what you say. Sadly it wasn't to long ago Hearts fans were telling us what a great move it was for us to bring Rudi Skacel to United. Total disaster.

:lol: Doyle supports Hibs. Nae luck.

I'll admit the fcuker's avatar and My Team changing has had me wondering more than once if there are two Eoin Doyles on P&B. Not sure if it's still like this but his fkin avatar on the mobile app was different when he was quoted to when he posted. :angry:

Though it's worth mentioning that we're not exactly having trouble finding the back of the net. Averaged 2 goals a game so far in the league (42 in 21), more than anyone else. Still worth considering pushing the boat out for a defensive midfielder of undoubted quality, imo.

Take away games v terrible teams like Dundee where would that record be?

Take away games v terrible teams like Dundee where would that record be?

42 - 6 - 4

Strangely enough, soccer scientists recently calculated that this is also the exact formation Dundee would have to use in order to have a chance at beating us currently.

:lol: Doyle supports Hibs. Nae luck.

I'll admit the fcuker's avatar and My Team changing has had me wondering more than once if there are two Eoin Doyles on P&B. Not sure if it's still like this but his fkin avatar on the mobile app was different when he was quoted to when he posted. :angry:

Only changed my avatar and team due to me being at St.Mirren in the be in fm thread in the gaming section :lol:

I'm assuming this also means that Adeyamo, Moore and Coote are at least another season away from being potential starters. Murray presumably somewhere inbetween.

Well Coote isn't a striker, and I would suggest right now that neither Moore or Adeyamo will ever become first team regulars at United.

Archived