Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His knees are gone, he'd not play very much for you so why?

He's better than Gary Miller. We have a decent record of helping injury prone players too, Peter Pawlett being the prime example.

His knees are fucked though. He'll probably be retired by 30.

Hes on 25 so five years still left...

As i say, we have a decent record of helping with that. Hes made 15 appearances this season, and made 29 last year. Decent enough figures for someone who looks to be considered more as back up than first choice.

As i say i hope we'd be looking at him.

Crying shame it's turned out for Watson as it has excellent player and still capable of a solid 90 minutes now and again.

Absolutely loves a Derby/ hunslaying/ Euro goal too.

Aye definitely, he's a more than capable full back, he could have progressed a bit more if his injuries hadn't held him bacl IMO.

Still, its pretty obvious his knees are gone and I reckon he's not got many games left in him tbh.

Hoping thats not the case and I'm proved wrong though.

The BBC website is saying Celtic are keen to get him on a pre-contract rather than buy him. It'll be interesting to see what GMS does here. He's repeatedly said that he wants to have another go down south but Celtic can still offer him big wages and are still likely to be the ones in the Champions League next season (not that I think they would play him in it) despite lagging behind Aberdeen at present so there is an appeal.

I think he won't commit to any pre-contracts at the moment. However I've been repeatedly wrong in the past...

He'll sign for Celtic, see out his two-year contract and return to Dundee United a broken player after spending what would have been his prime years on the bench, making short cameos in their League Cup defeats to St. Mirren and Brora Rangers.

1601559_1068154236544546_715282686194791

Another Ciftci or another Super Mario? Hopefully that puts the Kris Boyd rumors to bed.

ETA: GMS is free to talk to who ever he likes, so BBC are talking pish. Celtic don't need to ask the club f**k all.

Archived