Dundee United 2014/15 Season

After seeing Boyd last season I would love him at United, my only caveat is where does that leave Ciftci?

If Boyd signs he'll play ever week, I'm sure he's not going to come to be a squad player like Graham, this means we either adapt our formation - something Jackie seems to be dead against, or he moves Ciftci on the wing, perhaps to replace GMS, but surely it's time for Gauld to start every week if GMS moves on?

Every time I seen Ciftci out wide to accommodate Graham I thought he was a waste of a shirt and worry the same would happen with Boyd in the team.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our striker search is over after the good news about Jordan Moore, well maybe still need a new striker but more good news today :thumsup2

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/sport/dundee-united/nothing-will-stop-me-playing-football-says-dundee-united-s-jordan-moore-after-cancer-scare-1.403423

With the way Jordan has been talking in interviews has he been given a new contract by you guys? I believe his contract was meant to run out this summer.

After seeing Boyd last season I would love him at United, my only caveat is where does that leave Ciftci?

If Boyd signs he'll play ever week, I'm sure he's not going to come to be a squad player like Graham, this means we either adapt our formation - something Jackie seems to be dead against, or he moves Ciftci on the wing, perhaps to replace GMS, but surely it's time for Gauld to start every week if GMS moves on?

Every time I seen Ciftci out wide to accommodate Graham I thought he was a waste of a shirt and worry the same would happen with Boyd in the team.

Strange how folk see things differently. I think cifti is far more effective running at defenders from deeper and wider positions than leading the line up top.

How many goals would Boyd have to score for us before he netted off the goals he has scored against us..?

You sadist! :(

Guesstimate at somewhere in the high 20s, low 30s...?

No idea why, but I distinctly remember it being 28 for some reason.

Since I have no idea where that's come from I could be talking utter shite however :lol:

Has he not scored five and several hat-tricks against us over the years? I'm thinking in the 40's...

No idea why, but I distinctly remember it being 28 for some reason.

Since I have no idea where that's come from I could be talking utter shite however :lol:

I read 28 recently too.

I agree with banana - no celebration until he scores his 29th for us, so maybe sometime around Christmas.

I read 28 recently too.

I agree with banana - no celebration until he scores his 29th for us, so maybe sometime around Christmas.

If he signs, he should be given a written guarantee that we will only start to love him after that 29th goal. Until that time he is fair game for the George Fox boo boys.

I'd take Boyd. Why the hell not? He scores plenty of goals, after all. It would prevent him from scoring goals against us, if nothing else.

Pretty much how I feel about him

Could see our midfield/attack being this next season

Gauld/Dow -Armstrong/Cifci - Ciftci/GMS

Boyd

Depends on who goes or comes in I guess.

Boyd is the only guy to have scored five in a game for two separate clubs in the SPL(or whatever you'd like to call it), both times against United :lol:

A player has scored 5 goals in a game 6 times in the top division, and four of the games involved United. Sturrock for us, Negri and Boyd (twice) against us, with Kenny Miller and Gary Hooper being the odd ones out.

I prefer Ciftci as the main attacking player rather than one of the supporting attackers. That said Boyd has a track record that is indisputable and the option of him and Ciftci has appeal.

Archived