Dundee United 2014/15 Season

As my old man is a Dunfermline fan, I have seen him a few times. I would agree with those who have him down as a big lump of a centre half, who is however prone to the odd brain fart and doesn't appear to have any pace. Has bags of potential though, and I am hopeful he will make the step up.

Still need a bit of experience at centre half, though...

Aye, he's had his moments in losing concentration but whether that's been because of the level we've been playing at, or his mind being elsewhere since he declined the offer of a new contract, I'm unsure. Can't agree that he lacks pace though - as I said, I believe it's one of his main attributes.

Given United's track record of taking a chance on players from the lower leagues and improving them, I think the move can be mutually beneficial. I hope so anyway.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Problem is the experienced pro CB that you are all after costs money(unless there`s one out of contract?), and United don`t have much in the way of money.

Steven Anderson hadn't signed an extension at us until after the Final....

We've done well with picking up players from the lower leagues for the most part, but I'd still like to see an experienced centre half too.

Surely Jackie will be looking at that since you've lost Gunning?

Thanks for posting those vids... but he looks like a scatterbrained Gary Kenneth, plus hair.

From what Jackie is saying though, this does appear to be that 'dominant CB' he's 'searched far and wide for'. So nothing else but to cross fingers that he has a good pre-season and then kicks on with that potential you chaps reckon he's got. Cheers for the insight!

More seethe from them

"Rangers youth chief Jim Sinclair insists teenage midfielder Charlie Telfer, who recently snubbed a contract at Ibrox to move to Dundee United, is not yet ready for first team football."

Kris Boyd hat trick first day of the season against you lot

I don't mind winning 4-3 at Pittodrie while you Funsters are being shafted at home by Killie, to be honest

Anyway, start with Aberdeen away, Motherwell at home then Celtic away! Talk about tough starts. Did we do something to upset the SPFL? :ph34r:

Dont get the fear there Aberdeen were plain lucky against us last season and we owned Motherwell ;)

To say Aberdeen were lucky is a bit of a disservice. They were much more organised than us and exploited our weaknesses time and time again. Also, Aberdeen will have played a few UEFA Cup (i'm still calling it that) games by then so will/should have a lot more match sharpness than us.

Still, cracking start to the season and i cannae wait for it.

New Year derby at Tannadice on 1 January should be a cracker. Flying from Newcastle early on the 2nd and staying overnight so it will be a long drive down after the game, but I'm sure I will be doing it with a :) on my face.

Having tough games to start with shouldn't be too much of any issue.

Having tough games to start with shouldn't be too much of any issue.

Aye. The positives of a tough start are that the fixtures are out of the way, and if we get good pointage from the games then we're off to a real flier.

You off to Ibeefa again?

Aye. The positives of a tough start are that the fixtures are out of the way, and if we get good pointage from the games then we're off to a real flier.

You off to Ibeefa again?

At New Year?

Nope, Ibiza in September, Barcelona in January.

Roll on the start of the season though.

Missing first derby which is Pish.

The Xmas fixtures are fucking brilliant.

I'm on holiday as well when the first derby comes round, so not too bothered about missing now it due to not having an ST.

I'm convinced Aberdeen away will be shifted for TV. Friday night up there would be a good way to start the season.

If the sheep are in the UEFA 3rd qualifying round then our first game will be moved to the Sunday as the 2nd leg is on Thursday the 7th.

Which would be pish so let's hope they get knocked out before then.

If Celtic make the CL play-off round the first leg is the midweek after we're due to play them at Parkhead. Hopefully they'll rest their first XI and we'll get our first win there in donkeys.

Archived