Dundee United 2014/15 Season

Great news about Good if that goes through. :thumsup2 Do agree that we'd still need another CD as well.

As for Allan, I'd have him if he's available for about Gomis's wages, or as a replacement if we sell Armstrong/Gauld. Otherwise I'd use one of the youngsters coming through already.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know he's been a while gone, but - Garry Kenneth played for Fairfield tonight.

Alas, another opportunity to get the big lad back at his spiritual home slips through the net. At least I might finally be able to remove the neck brace fitted during my rehabilitation since he last played.

We have plenty of guys heading for the exits, so should have some funds to spend, and personally I would concentrate the funds on two players. A striker and a centre back.

The centre back is a given. Somebody in the Lee Wilkie/Andy Webster mould would be feckin fantastic.

A striker is really needed to so we don't have to rely on fuds like Graham and Farid.

Midfield is a problem for me too (albeit I'm fighting a losing battle with this opinion), as the number of times this season Paton and Rankin have been unable to dominate the midfield (especially against top 6 teams) has been inhibiting our play. I fought Gomis' case all season, and when he finally got a couple of games, what he clearly offered was obvious as day against Celtic. Pass and move and pressuring of the opposition, rather than our usual slow deliberate play.

So, out I would release or beg others to take....

Gunning

Millar

Gardyne

El Alagui

Graham

Erskine

Oyenuga

Butcher (if able to get Good for season)

In....

Striker (Boyd)

Defender (Dunno)

Gomis (new contract)

We don't need anyone else. Plenty of good kids coming through!

I like Gomis but I just don't think he is the player he was. He could do worse than getting you in as his agent though :P

Heard you guys are interested in Callum Morris.

He is a big physical centre half who is good on the ball. That's where the good stuff ends, made a blunder almost every game at league one level but somehow he has been voted into the team of the year this season and last when we were in the Championship alongside Thistle so their could be some truth in it.

Would like to see him play in the SPL for teh lolz.

This description sounds familiar but I can't for the life of me remember who it reminds me of....

Agreed. Getting Good in is a good excuse to punt Butcher out the door, but we still need an experience head in there!

Scott Allan is available for nowt, and was at the Cup Final. Worth a punt?

I'd say so, especially if we're liable to lose one of Armstrong/GMS.

Like an ex girlfriend who got shot of you while pumping several of your mates in a sordid bukaake session I'm going to have pass on this one.

Curtis Good coming back for a season long loan would be excellent for us. Him and another experienced defender would be glorious and would give me a lot more confidence for the season ahead. As long as we keep the majority of our midfielders and bring in a decent striker we should be doing alright.
Would JMC perhaps try and bring in a couple of strikers and drop Cifci back if GMS/Armstrong/Gauld left?

ETA: Not sure how I would feel about Allan coming back, he's versatile and a good technical player, he would fit in to the team but hmmmm it's a tough one to call.

The apparent ongoing attitude problem with Allan doesn't fill me with confidence - we just managed to ditch a muppet, do we need another? Would he be coming back with a head of lessons learned, or wearing Billy big boots? Reckon he'll be angling for a move to Rangers anyhow.

Please let the Good reports be true, season-long, please!

Would JMC perhaps try and bring in a couple of strikers and drop Cifci back if GMS/Armstrong/Gauld left?

Have been thinking about this a lot, it's a good option to have. Wee nippy pacy poachy geezer, a la Noel Hunt, or a Billy McKay character. And despite his run of hilariously poor misses, I'm willing to give Graham the benefit of the doubt that he can actually put these chances away as the rest of his play has been good enough.

I like Gomis but I just don't think he is the player he was. He could do worse than getting you in as his agent though :P

So many United fans say this, but I have no idea what they're basing it on. It surely can't be the 10 and 15 minute appearances every other week?!

I saw him twice for 90 minutes at Celtic Park (and once at McDiarmid, of which we don not talk) and on both occasions he looked every bit the same player. The second time, even though he was still a little rusty i thought he was easily our MoM in that 3-1 defeat.

Heard you guys are interested in Callum Morris.

He is a big physical centre half who is good on the ball. That's where the good stuff ends, made a blunder almost every game at league one level but somehow he has been voted into the team of the year this season and last when we were in the Championship alongside Thistle so their could be some truth in it.

Would like to see him play in the SPL for teh lolz.

Yeah my Pars supporting pal said he was a done deal earlier this year. He spoke highly of him as well.

Allan can get to f**k, he was as much to blame in his departure as Houston, furthermore he's been a bell-end at every team since leaving. We need to stop signing old players anyway, it's yet to work out.

Allan can get to f**k, he was as much to blame in his departure as Houston, furthermore he's been a bell-end at every team since leaving. We need to stop signing old players anyway, it's yet to work out.

Harsh, Scott Allan's only 22...

I'll get my coat.

How can he be 6th choice at Newcastle, they're a shambles at the back :lol:

Doubt anything will be confirmed before the World Cup. He wont be worrying about anything else other than the Aussie preparations, and he may have a blinder and give the Newcastle staff something to think about.

£900k approximately for cup run quoted the other day, i think signing Morris, Good, Spitall and possibly Higdon would be a good bit of business from us.

source for the fee

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/a-dark-day-but-we-have-seen-far-worse-says-stephen-thompson.24253474?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%20Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%20Football%20News

£900k approximately for cup run quoted the other day, i think signing Morris, Good, Spitall and possibly Higdon would be a good bit of business from us.

source for the fee

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/a-dark-day-but-we-have-seen-far-worse-says-stephen-thompson.24253474?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%20Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%20Football%20News

Morris? And we won't take Higdon....

Callum Morris centre back for the Pars and Higdon has a decent goal scoring record last couple of seasons (decent compared to most of our attackers) so why not?

Comparison between Higdon and Nadir for last 2 seasons

Higdon (Holland) played 32 scored 14, (Scotland) Played 44 Scored 27

Nadir (Holland) Played 7 Scored 0, (Scotland) Played 39 Scored 17

Archived