Dundee United 2014/15 Season

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why QP are deserving of anything at all, didn't Robbo come through the Celtic academy from a young age?

I though he got released from Celtic at 16, joined QP's youth team for a year then moved into their first team for another year.

Yes they gave him a chance at first team level, but that was in the bottom tier, it's easy throw young boys in at that level. He's played more games for United that he did for Queens Park.

If you don't pay your employees then you clearly don't deserve compensation for them.

According to Random they do pay their players 'professional' wages - like a lot of amateur teams I imagine.

As far as I can see from Google he never was on Celtic's books playing youth level for QP before moving up to the first team. 34 games for QP and 36 for Dundee United.

Sorry for discussing this at such length - as I have said not having a pop at United but to me QP deserve some sort of compensation - if anyone does.

According to Random they do pay their players 'professional' wages - like a lot of amateur teams I imagine.

Officially the don't pay wages, unofficially they do. They avoid the tax hit on the wages through this and make profits every year. If they are happy to continue making money that way then they shouldn't be annoyed when someone higher up the ladder takes advantage of it, they don't deserve compensation as they aren't willing to admit what they actually pay players. Its their own fault, and I have no sympathy for tax dodgers, not surprising a Dundee fan seems too though

Officially the don't pay wages, unofficially they do. They avoid the tax hit on the wages through this and make profits every year. If they are happy to continue making money that way then they shouldn't be annoyed when someone higher up the ladder takes advantage of it, they don't deserve compensation as they aren't willing to admit what they actually pay players. Its their own fault, and I have no sympathy for tax dodgers, not surprising a Dundee fan seems too though

Don't talk nonsense - this is so well known that you know but the revenue turn a blind eye?

Don't talk nonsense - this is so well known that you know but the revenue turn a blind eye?

I have to agree with Random here, i've heard they do cash in hand. No paperwork and money trails means no proof unless you see them handing it over in person or on camera... If you don't look you won't find it, and that's how they get away with paying their players.

looks like hull will bid 3m for Robertson,money in the bank is great but can you replace him with someone who is just as good ??

At that price we can't knock it back unfortunately, which will definitely be to the detriment of the team.

However, this time last year none of us had heard of Robertson so we're back to needing a left back but now we've also got a rake of cash unlike 12 months ago.

looks like hull will bid 3m for Robertson,money in the bank is great but can you replace him with someone who is just as good ??

No. No we cant. He will be the Scotland left back for years to come and has the ability to play in whatever league he wants.

I think we should try our best to hold on to Robertson another season. His price tag can only go up and with a few more caps to his name we'd be looking at even better offers next year imo. And I want to watch him another year and Hull are a shite club.

At that price we can't knock it back unfortunately, which will definitely be to the detriment of the team.

However, this time last year none of us had heard of Robertson so we're back to needing a left back but now we've also got a rake of cash unlike 12 months ago.

steven Thomson cant really win bring in good money to the club but lose good players which may affect the teams performances

It was interesting that McNamara had said in an ArabZone interview that the had sat down with Robertson and had a chat about the transfer offers and the future. If McNamara can convince Robertson that playing with us for another season will benefit him and increase his value then maybe we can hold on to him for another year. Very rarely in these transfer bids do we know what the player himself wants but I would like to think that being surrounded by level headed, ambitious guys like Gauld and Armstrong might mean Robertson can see the value in hanging around for a bit and getting some more experience.

If he continues to develop he will have far more options in the future and a chance to maybe move to a slightly more attractive club than Hull. No offence to Hull but if you see Gauld getting a move to Lisbon you would think that a player like Robertson could do something similar.

There is no way Robertson should go to hull.

He's had a good season and a cap. If he has another and gets more caps he will have a lot better options than hull. It's not like there are loads of great left backs out there. Man utd just spent over 20 million getting one.

Bit of patience and I think he will get a top 6 club down there.

Regardless of what United want, Robertson could reject Hull if he doesn't fancy it and wants to hold out for something a bit more imaginative.

Archived